WHO IS THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL TEAM YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED OR SEEN?

RANDY SAVAGE

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the 1996 Memphis Melrose team that Tyner played in the state championship team as being by far the fastest team I have ever seen. They were loaded with speed and size on both sides of the ball. They were tough to defend with all of the misdirection plays they ran. After that year I remember Tyner began to run alot of the same misdirection plays and still do today.

Waverly Central 1987.

Went to semifinals of the state. Lost 14-7 to Brentwood Academy on a fumble that gave the Eagles the win. Coach Flatt said that BA had never been hit that hard before by anyone. This team only allowed 7 points all year in the regular season. Had 3 guys with 1000 yards rushing.

Edited by papatiger

I remember the 1996 Memphis Melrose team that Tyner played in the state championship team as being by far the fastest team I have ever seen. They were loaded with speed and size on both sides of the ball. They were tough to defend with all of the misdirection plays they ran. After that year I remember Tyner began to run alot of the same misdirection plays and still do today.

Amen. I was going to say the same thing. Probably the only football team I have ever seen that could line up in the fullhouse-T or go 5 wide and be just as effective out of either. And that defense.......oh man. And for a Memphis team, they were very well coached. If there has ever been a Tennessee team that could beat them, I would like to see it.

We played Melrose in the playoffs that year and they destroyed us. Some current NFL players came from that team.

THE 1977 STATE CHAMPION MILAN BULLDOGS. THEY WERE SMALL, FAST AND NOONE COULD HANG WITH THEM ESPECIALLY MIGHTY BRENTWOOD ACADEMY. THEY -WENT 14-0 THAT YEAR WITH EASE. PAUL POOLE, GEORGE UTLEY, JAMES WHITE, J. R. SMITH, PERRY HAMPTON, BILLY DAWSON, ROBERT STURDIVANT. TNOSE GUYS WERE A JOY TO WATCH PLAY EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE FALL OF 1977

THE 1977 STATE CHAMPION MILAN BULLDOGS. THEY WERE SMALL, FAST AND NOONE COULD HANG WITH THEM ESPECIALLY MIGHTY BRENTWOOD ACADEMY. THEY -WENT 14-0 THAT YEAR WITH EASE. PAUL POOLE, GEORGE UTLEY, JAMES WHITE, J. R. SMITH, PERRY HAMPTON, BILLY DAWSON, ROBERT STURDIVANT. TNOSE GUYS WERE A JOY TO WATCH PLAY EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE FALL OF 1977

Yeah, I saw every game. That was a special team for sure.