Who wins 1a state championship?

You are right. South Pitt and Coalfield are the best in the east.

Coalfield.... I've said it before and i will say it again, the east will be represented by either South Pitt, or region 4. Not hampton (who i like actually...) not coalfield (who i don't actually) not any other team they have that says "this year will be different" it is either South Pitt, or Region 4. you could have marked it down in january.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say my boys from TC but [even though we're playing better] i just don't think we have enough to beat FCS or South Pitt. I think these two teams will definitely be hard to beat but don't ever count out anyone. Example LA in 3A last year. I'm definitely not giving up on coach Satt and the yellow jacketsjust yet. Who ever wins the east side is your state champ, just my opinion. I sure hope jbhs makes it from the west so they can see how tough the east side really is.

Coalfield.... I've said it before and i will say it again, the east will be represented by either South Pitt, or region 4. Not hampton (who i like actually...) not coalfield (who i don't actually) not any other team they have that says "this year will be different" it is either South Pitt, or Region 4. you could have marked it down in january.

Hampton is alot closer than you might think. Watch what they do to Cosby this week. They would definately be an underdog to either Friendship or South Pitt, but only about a TD. Maybe 10 on the road ,but I think homefield is overrated.

Guest Shocker0

You will be surprised when one of those other regions has to play the winner between the Region 1 finalist and the Region 2 finalist...both regions seem to be better this year, or at least Region 2 is for sure...can't wait to see an upset

You will be surprised when one of those other regions has to play the winner between the Region 1 finalist and the Region 2 finalist...both regions seem to be better this year, or at least Region 2 is for sure...can't wait to see an upset

This is my honest opinion, Region 2 has 3 good teams,but from what I've seen (AND THATS JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ),To beat the best teams in the East,they would have to be about 14 points better. I hope I'm wrong.

Id like to say to those that say south pitt runs there mouth's and so on and so forth.. well the one's that runs there mouth's are"we" the fans and ex players that are proud of our football heritage.. I know I am.. and to say I know that the pirates will win the state would be wrong.. I think they have a great chance.. so does FCS coalfield, Tc, Jb, along with a couple others.... I just believe now that spitt has changed there offense people are looking to last years team for an excuse to loose. cause they did last year.. well this is no way last years team.. if you think that ill say Bye to you as you leave the gate with your heads down... There alot better and those that wanna beat spitt better do it this year cause we only loose one player i believe for next year... But yes anything can happen and anyone is beatable.. But those that have heart and soul in there town and team.. You go right ahead and know that they will win... thats what this coach T is all about to hear your opinion.. our boys along with other teams will do there talking on the field and leave us old timer's to do it here on coach T......

Edited by Geno

I would like to say my boys from TC but [even though we're playing better] i just don't think we have enough to beat FCS or South Pitt. I think these two teams will definitely be hard to beat but don't ever count out anyone. Example LA in 3A last year. I'm definitely not giving up on coach Satt and the yellow jacketsjust yet. Who ever wins the east side is your state champ, just my opinion. I sure hope jbhs makes it from the west so they can see how tough the east side really is.

i hope jbhs makes it to. it would be an honor to sit in the stands and watch jbhs show the east how good the west bracket really is.

Hampton is alot closer than you might think. Watch what they do to Cosby this week. They would definately be an underdog to either Friendship or South Pitt, but only about a TD. Maybe 10 on the road ,but I think homefield is overrated.

LOL, after last year EVERY hampton fan thinks that homefild is overatted, also after last year if hampton made it again to the semi's they would be an underdog by more that a TD, not being mean but it is just fact.

Think of it this way, (don't care if you like how i put it but it is true) region 4 meets region 3 is like the SEC, every game is a tough game that will be hard fought and is basically a bowl game. Every other region can be like the pac ten, big ten, big twelve, ect. They can have great teams, and have good competition amongst themselves, but it just doesn't compare to the SEC (region 4, south pitt, temple..) All that i can say to support that, is history. The west hasn't won it in how long? also, last year union city said they played the toughest schedule, hardest teams, they had the toughest road to the blue cross bowl, and they would prove it to the east. What happened? well i think everyone remembers. I'm not saying that Jo byrns isn't good, they are very good. I'm not saying that teams like FA, and Marco pleasant aren't good, althought i think they aren't as good as jo byrns. all i am saying is that Jo byrns won't be as ready after playing weaker opponents.

LOL, after last year EVERY hampton fan thinks that homefild is overatted, also after last year if hampton made it again to the semi's they would be an underdog by more that a TD, not being mean but it is just fact.

Think of it this way, (don't care if you like how i put it but it is true) region 4 meets region 3 is like the SEC, every game is a tough game that will be hard fought and is basically a bowl game. Every other region can be like the pac ten, big ten, big twelve, ect. They can have great teams, and have good competition amongst themselves, but it just doesn't compare to the SEC (region 4, south pitt, temple..) All that i can say to support that, is history. The west hasn't won it in how long? also, last year union city said they played the toughest schedule, hardest teams, they had the toughest road to the blue cross bowl, and they would prove it to the east. What happened? well i think everyone remembers. I'm not saying that Jo byrns isn't good, they are very good. I'm not saying that teams like FA, and Marco pleasant aren't good, althought i think they aren't as good as jo byrns. all i am saying is that Jo byrns won't be as ready after playing weaker opponents.

Wait and see. Region 2 teams have already whipped two of you're teams, I know you beat the same teams and by a couple more touchdowns but from what I've gathered,they were both in the game for a pretty good while. Don't get so cocky. Just because Trousdale was great last season, that don't make all the teams in region 3 and 4 superior. If you remember correctly,Trousdale beat you guys the first game last year nearly as bad as they beat Hamptom. I hope to goodness Trousdale kicks your butt again.

Edited by pujo

Wait and see. Region 2 teams have already whipped two of you're teams, I know you beat the same teams and by a couple more touchdowns but from what I've gathered,they were both in the game for a pretty good while. Don't get so cocky. Just because Trousdale was great last season, that don't make all the teams in region 3 and 4 superior. If you remember correctly,Trousdale beat you guys the first game last year nearly as bad as they beat Hamptom. I hope to goodness Trousdale kicks your butt again.

I believe they beat you guys 35-0?? correct me if that is wrong. We lost to them in the playoffs 28-21, now i know you can say that the second time you guys played them it would have been close also. But the first time we played them it was 28-9, first time you played them it was 35-0. So how is a 19 point loss the same as a 35 point loss. I believe the difference a few Touchdowns. Which is oddly enough, the same amount that FCS has beaten two of "our" teams that hampton beat. Which two teams was that by the way? I know watertown, but the other would be?

I believe they beat you guys 35-0?? correct me if that is wrong. We lost to them in the playoffs 28-21, now i know you can say that the second time you guys played them it would have been close also. But the first time we played them it was 28-9, first time you played them it was 35-0. So how is a 19 point loss the same as a 35 point loss. I believe the difference a few Touchdowns. Which is oddly enough, the same amount that FCS has beaten two of "our" teams that hampton beat. Which two teams was that by the way? I know watertown, but the other would be?

Monterey