Who wins 1a state championship?

No one is a clear cut favorite this season, I think about 5 teams has a shot. Friendship is the favorite,but not by much at all.

I agree. We could all argue till we're blue in the face over who's the better team. The only reason FC is the favorite is because of the way they played TC last year and the fact that they are doing really well this year. I don't necessarily agree with it but I'll accept it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...they do have to get by SP. But, I believe FC, TC, or even Gordonsville could beat SP this year. Not b/c Im a region4 homer, but b/c all 3 teams is that good. But the state champ will come from the winner of the quarterfinals where region 3 meets region 4....

Watertown beat TC, and TC beat Gordonsville, so i doubt they are just THAT good. Jo Byrns beat Watertown 36-14 in a scrimmage, yes i know TC is probably improving, but so is every other team in the state.

Region 4 will have to get by Speed Pittsburg .. to even get to the Boro. Seriously, even FC doesn't consider it a sure thing

with topics started by South Pitt fans such as "should South Pitt move up to 2a?" or "South Pitt 15-0, who can beat them??" the only team that does consider it a sure thing is South Pitt. Mabey little old region 4 should just close our fields when South Pitt comes up so we don't have to embarrass ourselves.

On a side note, i think that from the west that Jo Byrns is the most balanced attack, the other option is FA with a powerfull running attack. Personally i feel that Marco Pleasant is to superstar orriented to represent the west. Out of the east the representative will come from either region 4, or South Pitt, hampton isn't bad, cosby isn't either, but neither could hang with South Pitt, FCS, ect. And then of course in the state final i am gonna have to go with history in this one and say that the east side of the braket pulls it out by at least two TD's

Edited by FCSpoe

with topics started by South Pitt fans such as "should South Pitt move up to 2a?" or "South Pitt 15-0, who can beat them??" the only team that does consider it a sure thing is South Pitt. Mabey little old region 4 should just close our fields when South Pitt comes up so we don't have to embarrass ourselves.

I'll say that not all of us consider it a sure thing. Last year's game with y'all was a classic and if we meet again this year I expect no less. And now with Trousdale seeming to get on track it looks like it could be a rough ride trying to get through region 4. At least 3 teams in the west will have a show down as well. This could be one of the more interesting years in 1-A when the playoffs get here. There should be a lot of good matchups.

I'll say that not all of us consider it a sure thing. Last year's game with y'all was a classic and if we meet again this year I expect no less. And now with Trousdale seeming to get on track it looks like it could be a rough ride trying to get through region 4. At least 3 teams in the west will have a show down as well. This could be one of the more interesting years in 1-A when the playoffs get here. There should be a lot of good matchups.

Well, put Sailor :angry: