Who wins 1a state championship?

Guest Shocker0

Well, for a team to make it too the third round of the playoffs...don't they have to at least have a decent record to even make it???? But good luck boyd, going into the playoffs at 3-7 assuming you win your next two games. Can't wait until S. Pitt plays a decent team.

Edited by Shocker0

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't they have to at least have a decent record to even make it????

You would think that should be the case but it is not these days. Some teams will make the playoffs with just 1 or 2 wins. Too many teams get to go to the playoffs as it is. Only the top two from each region should go if you ask me (which no one did). It would make every game that much more important and it would make going to the playoffs something special.

Boyds opponents are 45 win's 13 loss's with 6 count them atleast 6 teams they play are contender's for state championship... . so why does everyone compare the spitt boyd game? its a hated riverly anyway. you can throw records and stat's out the window anyway.. Boyd will make noise in AA playoff's and spitt will win it all in A! PS the reason for the muffin's as u call them in the regions are because TSSAA made 5 classifacation's.. (Money)... every region will have "Muffin's" until its changes . dont look for it...

Edited by Geno

If you start criticising other's schedules for whatever reason then you leave yourself open to have your schedule open for criticism. You know, the old Pot - Kettle deal. Other than JB, a region game, I don't see how you would consider your schedule would be considered tougher than SPs since all the non region games are muffins

Fair enough.......been handling critism all my life.....<G>........Bottom line, most teams are going to feel they had a tougher row to hoe, so until the playoffs start I guess it's strickly opinion.

Fair enough.......been handling critism all my life.....<G>........Bottom line, most teams are going to feel they had a tougher row to hoe, so until the playoffs start I guess it's strickly opinion.

I agree :thumb: . Boyd is the one team that anybody can look at their schedule and not be able to say they had a tougher schedule. Their schedule is insane. For the rest of us, since everybody has to play everybody in their region they will play some muffins. Except for a few regular season games on the schedule the real tests start in the playoffs. I for one am glad we don't have to play JB in the regular season. Just a feeling but I think the make it to the Boro

I agree :thumb: . Boyd is the one team that anybody can look at their schedule and not be able to say they had a tougher schedule. Their schedule is insane. For the rest of us, since everybody has to play everybody in their region they will play some muffins. Except for a few regular season games on the schedule the real tests start in the playoffs. I for one am glad we don't have to play JB in the regular season. Just a feeling but I think the make it to the Boro

JB is the team on my mind that we will have to beat.. Just my thought.. Tc is always scary.. for some reason and I may be wrong. (I usually am) Fcs is a great team. but i dont fear them as bad. a mistake im sure

JB is the team on my mind that we will have to beat.. Just my thought.. Tc is always scary.. for some reason and I may be wrong. (I usually am) Fcs is a great team. but i dont fear them as bad. a mistake im sure

Once we get into the playoffs there won't be any muffin teams since region 4 has several good teams. They are just beating up on each other now. If SP can make it past the region 4 teams then I expect JB to be our opponent in the Boro. FC is looking pretty tough so round 3 will be a tough game. It will either be SP vs FC or whoever is good enough to beat SP and/or FC. One thing is certain, there will be some good football games in the playoffs.

I for one as a JB fan and alumn appreciate the respect, but like everyone knows with a one game playoff anyone can make it because one off night and you are out. That is why with exception of a few you don't see many JB fans talking about the Boro yet. Instead for the most part we are looking at the region then if we get that then turn the attention to the playoffs and whoever we play each week.

But to throw a little respect out it is hard to rule out SP, TC, etc because history shows that the teams from the east are strong. Just hope we get a chance to see how strong for ourselves instead of reading about it!

JBS all the way :thumb:

South Pitt or FCS ... this year, the winner of that game will win it all.

As for South Pitts weak schedule ... I will say that no creampuffs have come close to even hanging with them. I believe that once the real competition comes, the outcome will still be a handy SP win ... as much as it pains me to say it.

Thanks. There have been a bunch of boring games this year.

I am really excited about the playoffs because there will be some very good football games. There is nothing better than 2 good HS football teams squaring off and slugging it out.

I for one as a JB fan and alumn appreciate the respect, but like everyone knows with a one game playoff anyone can make it because one off night and you are out. That is why with exception of a few you don't see many JB fans talking about the Boro yet. Instead for the most part we are looking at the region then if we get that then turn the attention to the playoffs and whoever we play each week.

But to throw a little respect out it is hard to rule out SP, TC, etc because history shows that the teams from the east are strong. Just hope we get a chance to see how strong for ourselves instead of reading about it!

JBS all the way :o

Right on brother! To me, this season is identical to last year. Especially starting about this week 'cause there are 2 BIG region games left and then the playoffs (and it's geting cold!) Well, last year we were a cinderella team in my mind. This year I kind of feel the same way even though JB is a little more established. TC, SP, FC, any other "established" team, would be a great opponent in the 'boro. BUT these men at JB gotta get ther 1st, so that means they gotta worry about Reg 5 and 6 1st. To be honest, I was so excited for these guys last year me and some others were already making plans for the BCB. Well, a tornado came thru and put a stop to that. As Raynok sez, we won't be counting the chickens before they hatch. It sure is getting exciting though!