District 11AA

Big Country

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I'm tired of the warm up games already. Let's get into the district games and see where we all are. They're much more intense and a better basketball environment.

Is it just me or do the refs $uck more this year? :) I mean, they aren't even getting the possession calls right alot of the time.

Yep, right on.

Now i kno that the officiating was absolutely horrible for both guys and girls games in the NWHS-SCHS meeting. I dunno what the heck they were watchin or how much they were paid, but good freakin gosh. I wont say the game was lost becuz of strictly bad calls...but i wanna see the gametime film on that one

Anyways...D11AA ball is gonna be awesome this year. For Stewart Co. I sure hope that they make some noise this year, because once all these seniors are gone I dont know if the team will be able to maintain the programs' latest run. Bramlett is a great coach and I hope he sticks with the boys, wish 'em all the best!

. . . guess im gettin ahead of myself a lil. Good luck this year in the District, the fight's about to begin :P

I agree. I'm tired of the warm up games already. Let's get into the district games and see where we all are. They're much more intense and a better basketball environment.

Is it just me or do the refs $uck more this year? :blink: I mean, they aren't even getting the possession calls right alot of the time.

AMEN! We had 3 or 4 games with almost 50 foul shots. Last night looked like a WWE match. Anything went as long as there was no blood.

Yeah. The Harpeth/Ensworth game was a free throw shooting contest in the first half of the boys game. The Harpeth/Greenbrier game was more physical with fewer fouls called. I understand the block/charge calls are questionable and hardly any moving screens are ever called, which again is judgement, but you've got to get the possession right on loose balls tipped around the baseline.

With the district games heating up, expect more vocal coaches, players and fans. I predict alot of T's.......

Yep, right on.

Now i kno that the officiating was absolutely horrible for both guys and girls <a href="http://boards.coacht.com/search/games">games</a> in the NWHS-SCHS meeting. I dunno what the heck they were watchin or how much they were paid, but good freakin gosh. I wont say the <a href="http://boards.coacht.com/?page=game">game</a> was lost becuz of strictly bad calls...but i wanna see the gametime film on that one

Anyways...D11AA ball is gonna be awesome this year. For Stewart Co. I sure hope that they make some noise this year, because once all these seniors are gone I dont know if the team will be able to maintain the programs' latest run. Bramlett is a great coach and I hope he sticks with the boys, wish 'em all the best!

. . . guess im gettin ahead of myself a lil. Good <a href="http://boards.coacht.com/?s=luck">luck</a> this year in the District, the fight's about to begin :thumb:

Stewart county is really going to have to start following their shots or they will have a long season against the talented cheatam county teams. I also think that a lot of blame is being placed on the point guard josh wooten who i think has played well other thatn a few turnovers but you are going to have that as a point guard it is a given. I think the problem lies somewhere else within the sc team. but good <a href="http://boards.coacht.com/?s=luck">luck</a> to the rebels and the rest of district 11aa

Edited by rowdyrebel4life

if the football games were any indication, sycamores student section will be nothing compared to last years. most of the people at football game were basketball players, and then there are your bball players to about the only people left to cheer are a few football players. the student support seems to be lacking lately for one of the states pretty good programs. dont understand that one.

if the football games were any indication, sycamores student section will be nothing compared to last years. most of the people at football game were basketball players, and then there are your bball players to about the only people left to cheer are a few football players. the student support seems to be lacking lately for one of the states pretty good programs. dont understand that one.

Shoot man that crowd that went to Station Camp & Pearl-Cohn in the football playoffs was far from "lacking" to me personally. Of course I didn't make as many games throughout the season as you probably did because I was at the Cubs games.

The opening night of District 11-AA Contests will be this Friday Night :thumb:

It's imperative for all of these teams to get off on the right foot because early season losses within the district will come back to haunt some teams down the stretch run B)

well after the first day of district games Creekwood beat Harpeth by 8 Syacamore beat Cheatham by 9 and Stewart beat Fairview by 13.

Standings

SCHS 1-0

Sycamore 1-0

Creewood 1-0

Waverly 0-0

Montgomery Central 0-0

Harpeth 0-1

Cheatham 0-1

Fairview 0-1

Tuesdays Games

Creekwood (1-0) at Stewart Co. (1-0)

Sycamore (1-0) at Fairview (0-1)

Cheatham (0-1) at Harpeth (0-1)

Waverly (0-0) at Mont. Central (0-0)

It is hard to believe either Cheatham or Harpeth will start 0-2. That hurts. This district is up for grabs. Everyone can compete.

Edited by 34SL