District 11AA

Big Country

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well MVP candidates are:Lohin and a couple from Sycamore.

Newton, Giltner , and Caruthers all have a good chance.

Beach and Dansby.

West and Lancaster.

CW i have no clue.

MC Dunn but he won't get it due to the fact his team will prolly be 5-6

You can not put Lohin up there so far this season. He has been hurt for the majority of the district season, and most of the regular season as a whole. He is a good player and will probably make it up there by the season end, but he wont win it this year.

Sycamore- Murray Harris, Pierre Mitchell

Harpeth- Scott Newton, Kevin Giltner

Stewart- Jake West, Jared Lancaster

Cheatham- Joey Beach, Don Dansby

Creek Wood- Primm

These players are the X-Factor for the season so far. But like I said once Austin Lohin gets better along with Chase Baker from Harpeth, both of these players will be up there. :lol:

Well MVP candidates are:Lohin and a couple from Sycamore.

Newton, Giltner , and Caruthers all have a good chance.

Beach and Dansby.

West and Lancaster.

CW i have no clue.

MC Dunn but he won't get it due to the fact his team will prolly be 5-6

Each team in the district plays 14 district contests throughout the season.

The MVP thus far this season is without question Kevin Giltner from Harpeth. He's played the biggest in the Indians "big games" and was the key performer in their win at Sycamore. If Harpeth wins the district he should be the MVP without question.

Each team in the district plays 14 district contests throughout the season.

The MVP thus far this season is without question Kevin Giltner from Harpeth. He's played the biggest in the Indians "big games" and was the key performer in their win at Sycamore. If Harpeth wins the district he should be the MVP without question.

I agree that Giltner has been big in a few big games this season, like Sycamore, but Newton has been big in all the district games, he is very consistent and would be my pick for MVP so far.

I don't believe you can pick a MVP from Harpeth at this time in the season. They have four players that have stepped up at different times throughout the year. Giltner, Newton, Caruthers & Baker have all been very strong. They all play different roles for this team. Thats what makes Harpeth such a threat. You can't shut them all down every night. One of them is going to be on. I do believe that Newton is the most versatile player. He can go inside or out and plays hard every minute of every game.

I agree bout Lohin not bein at the top yet. But dont worry he will work his way up there. There is a lot of more district games to come. I would pick Giltner too as of now, but everybody knows ne thing can change. And dont put Dunn on the list at all.

I believe that Cody Dunn & Jake West are both carrying around the same "monkey on their backs" these days. If you go by both players induvidual numbers then you'd have to say that both are prime candidates to be the MVP of District 11AA. The thing is though that both of them seem to pile up huge numbers against some of the district's weaker teams while against teams like Harpeth & Sycamore both seem to disappear. Until one of them has a breakout game against either of those teams their teams will just remain labeled as "teams that are just pretenders in the district title hunt".

The funniest thing of all is that both of their teams will likely square off against one another in the opening round of the district tourney this year (that being the #3 vs #6 game). I'm sure that I'm not the only one who'd make that assessment (obviously the #4 vs #5 game would then be Creek Wood-Cheatham Co.). I WONDER HOW EITHER MONTGOMERY CENTRAL OR STEWART COUNTY COULD ADVANCE IN TOURNEY PLAY WITHOUT THOSE TWO PLAYERS PRODUCING NUMBERS????????? :blink:

Big Country cmon now, you know Dunn is not on the same talent level as West. West has a much better offensive game than Dunn. West can actually create is own shot, and he is A LOT better shooter. Not to mention the past two years West's team has done better than Dunn's. And even to make a better argument for West, teams adjust their defense to stop him, but he still scores. I havent really seen any teams doin that against Dunn, ive just seen them play straight up against him, cuz he really cant create his own shot.

Big Country cmon now, you know Dunn is not on the same talent level as West. West has a much better offensive game than Dunn. West can actually create is own shot, and he is A LOT better shooter. Not to mention the past two years West's team has done better than Dunn's. And even to make a better argument for West, teams adjust their defense to stop him, but he still scores. I havent really seen any teams doin that against Dunn, ive just seen them play straight up against him, cuz he really cant create his own shot.

Go watch Jake West against Cheatham Co. tomorrow night. Don Dansby owned him the last two times the Cubs beat Stewart Co. last year. Expect Don to play a lot of man-to-man on West tomorrow night. If West doesn't score then you can expect the Rebels to lose another "big game" on Tuesday night.

I will admit Stewart Co. has won a lot more games than Mont. Cent. the last year and a half now BUT my argument isn't to compare Jake West & Cody Dunn as players. I was just pointing out obvious similarities between the two and their respective teams (as to how they fare against the Cheatham County teams) :blink: