District 11AA

Big Country

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is this guy seem like Cody Dunn himself or someone who is obviously in love with him that stalks him everywhere he goes??

Could be him or his dad?

I have seen Cody play several times and I've never been overly impressed. If you work in that area to see him play, you might want to change your work area and go to Stewart County or Cheatham County and watch some of those kids.

It's not the coach's fault. Coach Young has been coaching a long time but I guarantee you, he is not behind the times. This comes from a Waverly fan.

Clarksville[/url]guy73' post='826331024' date='Jan 13 2007 - 05:47 PM']

Uhh like your techinal term probably a lot? I guess when you have students cursing and blowing their own whistle thats ok... I agree there are some problems there but its not just one sided. I wasnt sitting on either side (kinda right in the middle up top) and wachted a lot of immaturity from the other side as well... including the Cheatam boy that got a techinical. If were gonna call it call it all the way around.

And as fara s who I am ? I have been going to high school games for a while but did not know about this site. I liek watching who ever is playing and go to games all over the county. I have enjoyed watching Cody so much I try and work on what ever side of town he is playing that day so I can watch.

Sorry to offend you but Cody ROCKS. I have watched him mature and do know he can be too emotional but he can play ball and continues to improve.

Well if students were "blowing their own whistles" then that is not the students fault, its the refs for not taking it away, that still doesnt give cody dunn a right to do anything. ANd I would not doubt if MC's coach gave him an ovation for doing it, because that coach gets out of hand about everything.

Clarksville[/url'>guy73' post='826330961' date='Jan 13 2007 - 04:16 PM']

Need i mention again that I say look at the COACH. He needs to do something new or retire. He has talent waiting to be taught and nope he's gonna play ball like its 1982.

I must say that I do not agree with your assessment of Jimmy Young whatsoever. That man has won countless district titles during his time as the head basketball coach at Montgomery Central. Central has been a bit "down" the last two years now but that doesn't mean he should be run out of town. Young is one of the few coaches in the midstate area who I'd say should be allowed to "step down under his own terms".

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT THIS ISN'T COMING FROM JIMMY YOUNG'S BIGGEST PAL EITHER ;):P

Clarksville[/url]guy73' post='826331024' date='Jan 13 2007 - 05:47 PM']

Uhh like your techinal term probably a lot? I guess when you have students cursing and blowing their own whistle thats ok... I agree there are some problems there but its not just one sided. I wasnt sitting on either side (kinda right in the middle up top) and wachted a lot of immaturity from the other side as well... including the Cheatam boy that got a techinical. If were gonna call it call it all the way around.

And as fara s who I am ? I have been going to high school games for a while but did not know about this site. I liek watching who ever is playing and go to games all over the county. I have enjoyed watching Cody so much I try and work on what ever side of town he is playing that day so I can watch.

Sorry to offend you but Cody ROCKS. I have watched him mature and do know he can be too emotional but he can play ball and continues to improve.

first of all there was no whistle in the stands and it just makes dunn look like the baby he is to stop the game and cry about it.. And the kid hit the floor big woop i have seen worse and dont for yalls coach got a techinical as well.. what do have to say about him?

The incident involving Dunn and gestures toward the crowd occured at Fairview. He complained about a whistle in the Cheatham game but there was no whistle. Dunn obviously played well against Cheatham, but he, like many other high school athletes, can get overly emotional and act immature sometimes. If he could cut out the extra junk and just play ball he would be respected and his talent would be appreciated more by opposing fans and players.

War Eagles

You are correct that Sycamore does have two very big games this week. Sycamore must make sure they are not looking ahead to Friday night's county rivalry matchup with Cheatham. They host a very determined team from Stewart County on Tuesday. West and Lancaster can be very dangerous, especially if someone else steps up for the Rebels. Sycamore should be favored in both contests.

War Eagles

You are correct that Sycamore does have two very big games this week. Sycamore must make sure they are not looking ahead to Friday night's county rivalry matchup with Cheatham. They host a very determined team from Stewart County on Tuesday. West and Lancaster can be very dangerous, especially if someone else steps up for the Rebels. Sycamore should be favored in both contests.

The Cheatham Co. at Creek Wood game on Tuesday should be a tremendous one. Sycamore hosting Stewart Co. is the game that put Stewart on the map last year as real contenders.

Both of these games may play a major role in district tourney seeding and if both of the county teams are victorious then Friday's game between Cheatham & Sycamore will have major importance as far as both teams district title hopes are concerned.

RIGHT NOW, I will say that nobody should look beyond Tuesday Night!!!!!!

TUESDAY'S GAMES:

Harpeth at Fairview: The Yellow Jackets have a tendency to sometimes cause teams fits in their gym (ie Montgomery Central last Tuesday) and Harpeth is entering the game on a roll carrying a lot of momentum. The Indians can't afford to get caught up with what's going on with the other four "contenders" in the district. Though they hold wins over all of those teams already this year the fact of the matter remains that Harpeth must continue to win to ensure themselves of a district title. I'll take Harpeth by 15 (66-51) :(

Montgomery Central at Waverly Central: Last week was a tough one for the Indians as they lost a game that was really expected to be a winable one at Fairview on Tuesday then they lost a real heartbreaker at home to Cheatham Co. in overtime. The Indians still hold the #6 seed in the district and have split with Fairview on the season. With a second win over Waverly in this one they'd pretty much assure themselves of finishing no worse than #6 in the district. I'll take Montgomery Central to win by 3 in a tight one (58-55) :rolleyes:

Cheatham Co. at Creek Wood: The last time these two teams played in this gym was in last year's district first round battle when the Cubs rallied from a seemingly lost basketball game and beat the Red Hawks. Both teams are on a bit of a roll of late with close wins over both Montgomery Central & Stewart Co. This game figures to put somebody in the "drivers seat" to avoid playing in the always dangerous #4 vs #5 matchup in the opening round of the district tourney. I'll take the Cubs to keep the momentum rolling into Friday's home showdown (64-63) ;)

Stewart Co. at Sycamore: This one was a shocker to most right before the Holiday Break at the end of 2005 as Stewart Co. handed a great Sycamore team it's first loss. Sycamore is rolling once again this year as they are tied for the lead in the district standings with Harpeth. The War Eagles hold wins over Stewart, Cheatham, & Creek Wood so they are in the "driver's seat" to grab a high seed in the district at the very least but like Harpeth they have to keep on winning. Stewart Co. is in a bit of a slump lately having lost their last four district games (Sycamore ironically is the team credited for starting the Rebels slump). In order to keep any hopes at a district title alive Stewart Co. will have to find away to pull off some of last season's magic in Pleasant View. I'll take the War Eagles to win at home in a battle (55-51) :thumb:

The Cheatham Co. at Creek Wood game on Tuesday should be a tremendous one. Sycamore hosting Stewart Co. is the game that put Stewart on the map last year as real contenders.

Both of these games may play a major role in district tourney seeding and if both of the county teams are victorious then Friday's game between Cheatham & Sycamore will have major importance as far as both teams district title hopes are concerned.

RIGHT NOW, I will say that nobody should look beyond Tuesday Night!!!!!!

TUESDAY'S GAMES:

Harpeth at Fairview: The Yellow Jackets have a tendency to sometimes cause teams fits in their gym (ie Montgomery Central last Tuesday) and Harpeth is entering the game on a roll carrying a lot of momentum. The Indians can't afford to get caught up with what's going on with the other four "contenders" in the district. Though they hold wins over all of those teams already this year the fact of the matter remains that Harpeth must continue to win to ensure themselves of a district title. I'll take Harpeth by 15 (66-51) B)

Montgomery Central at Waverly Central: Last week was a tough one for the Indians as they lost a game that was really expected to be a winable one at Fairview on Tuesday then they lost a real heartbreaker at home to Cheatham Co. in overtime. The Indians still hold the #6 seed in the district and have split with Fairview on the season. With a second win over Waverly in this one they'd pretty much assure themselves of finishing no worse than #6 in the district. I'll take Montgomery Central to win by 3 in a tight one (58-55) B)

Cheatham Co. at Creek Wood: The last time these two teams played in this gym was in last year's district first round battle when the Cubs rallied from a seemingly lost basketball game and beat the Red Hawks. Both teams are on a bit of a roll of late with close wins over both Montgomery Central & Stewart Co. This game figures to put somebody in the "drivers seat" to avoid playing in the always dangerous #4 vs #5 matchup in the opening round of the district tourney. I'll take the Cubs to keep the momentum rolling into Friday's home showdown (64-63) B)

Stewart Co. at Sycamore: This one was a shocker to most right before the Holiday Break at the end of 2005 as Stewart Co. handed a great Sycamore team it's first loss. Sycamore is rolling once again this year as they are tied for the lead in the district standings with Harpeth. The War Eagles hold wins over Stewart, Cheatham, & Creek Wood so they are in the "driver's seat" to grab a high seed in the district at the very least but like Harpeth they have to keep on winning. Stewart Co. is in a bit of a slump lately having lost their last four district games (Sycamore ironically is the team credited for starting the Rebels slump). In order to keep any hopes at a district title alive Stewart Co. will have to find away to pull off some of last season's magic in Pleasant View. I'll take the War Eagles to win at home in a battle (55-51) :D

Harpeth is not MC first of all, but I do like all your picks, not necessarily the score but I like the picks.

Harpeth by 15 (55-40)

MC by 15 (64-49)

Cheatham by less than 5(That will be the best game of the night) (59-55)

Sycamore by +15(If Sycamore goes man, puts Pierre on West they will hold him to less than 10. BooK ThaT) (67-44)

Harpeth is not MC first of all, but I do like all your picks, not necessarily the score but I like the picks.

Harpeth by 15 (55-40)

MC by 15 (64-49)

Cheatham by less than 5(That will be the best game of the night) (59-55)

Sycamore by +15(If Sycamore goes man, puts Pierre on West they will hold him to less than 10. BooK ThaT) (67-44)

You like Montgomery Central to "have their way" with Waverly Central on the road tomorrow night?????? I'd be impressed because I wonder about Mont. Central's state of mind after that heartbreaking home defeat last Friday night to Cheatham Co. in overtime.

Outside of that we are pretty much in agreeance with the exception being Sycamore vs Stewart Co. If the War Eagles are indeed able to "thump" Stewart Co. with ease then the Rebels will be headed to Montgomery Central on Friday night just hoping to stay in the #4 vs #5 game (that's of course assuming that MC beats Waverly).