District 11AA

Big Country

With the topic of top players already being discussed, who is going to be named coach of the year?

I think it should be Pete Froedden from Sycamore. Not because of the fact that his team currently leads the district but because the way he has brought this team along after allthe players they lost from last year. I will still feel this way even if Harpeth wins the game on Friday.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now statebound15!!!! Tell them who's really going to win with some confidence :lol:

Hey straightbill, my "secret identity" on this website is about as big of a secret as that of Bill Clinton's "secret affairs" B)

Hey rolltide418, the opening round of the Regionals will take place on Friday 2/23 & Saturday 2/24 with the semifinals and championship games taking place the following week at Waverly Central High School.

I will pass the message to CA for you papatiger :)

Thanks scanooni22 for clarifying my error. I told you that you know more than I do when it comes to all of these scenarios and now you can keep me, THE GREAT ONE, on the right track B)

Waverly Central beat Fairview tonight 57-52 in a game that the Tigers actually trailed by 11 at the end of the first quarter. Congrats to the Tigers on the W!!!!!

Sycamore won a non-district game at Rossview 64-42.

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS:

1.) Sycamore (11-1)

2.) Harpeth (10-2)

3.) Cheatham Co. (7-4)

4.) Creek Wood (7-5)

5.) Stewart Co. (7-6)

6.) Montgomery Central (2-10)

6.) Waverly Central (2-10)

6.) Fairview (2-10)

THERE ARE RACES EVERYWHERE IN THIS DISTRICT FOLKS!!!!!!!!

THE REMAINING SCHEDULE FOR DISTRICT 11AA!!!!

District 11-AA All-District Team Projections

Agree or Disagree

1st Team

Scott Newton - Harpeth

Kevin Giltner - Harpeth

Austin Lohin - Sycamore

Pierre Mitchell - Sycamore

Jake West - Stewart County

2nd Team

Chase Baker - Harpeth

Travis Dempsey - Sycamore

Cody Dunn - Montgomery Central

Don Dansby - Cheatham County

Russ Primm - Creekwood

Honorable Mention

Trey Caruthers - Harpeth

Joey Beach - Cheatham County

Alex Green - Waverly

Brandon Williams - Creekwood

Jared Lancaster - Stewart County

MVP

Scott Newton or Austin Lohin (depending on Friday's game)

I would put Alex Green over Cody Dunn.

MVP- Jake West

Waverly Central beat Fairview tonight 57-52 in a game that the Tigers actually trailed by 11 at the end of the first quarter. Congrats to the Tigers on the W!!!!!

Sycamore won a non-district game at Rossview 64-42.

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS:

1.) Sycamore (11-1)

2.) Harpeth (10-2)

3.) Cheatham Co. (7-4)

4.) Creek Wood (7-5)

5.) Stewart Co. (7-6)

6.) Montgomery Central (2-10)

6.) Waverly Central (2-10)

6.) Fairview (2-10)

THERE ARE RACES EVERYWHERE IN THIS DISTRICT FOLKS!!!!!!!!

THE REMAINING SCHEDULE FOR DISTRICT 11AA!!!!

thanks BC. I stand by my earlier assessment that Fairview is the worst team in thee District.

BC, Do you know what the tie breakers are for those bottom teams?

Also, BC, the station mgr. told me today that he and CA had talked about us doing that. But you can remind him if you want.

Edited by papatiger

Waverly beat Fairview tonight in a good game. Fairview jumped out to a big lead hitting 6 3-pointers in the first quarter. Waverly fought back throughout the game and tied the game late in the 3rd period. The game see-sawed back and forth till Waverly pulled ahead in the final minutes of the game. Alex Green had 27 points and a boatload of rebounds. The win could easily leave MC, Fairview, and Waverly in a 3 way tie for 6th. Coaches Bledsoe, Young, and Rawlings may need to start practicing on calling coin flips. Seventh and eighth place will face the impossible task of playing Harpeth and Sycamore. The sixth seed will at least have a chance to compete against the 3rd seed.

thanks BC. I stand by my earlier assessment that Fairview is the worst team in thee District.

BC, Do you know what the tie breakers are for those bottom teams?

I WILL TRY TO FIND THAT ANSWER OUT FOR MYSELF A.S.A.P.

Waverly Central has home games against Creek Wood & Cheatham Co.

Fairview still has games at Sycamore and at Cheatham Co.

Montgomery Central has a game at Stewart Co. & a home game against what I guarantee you will be an angry Harpeth team.

THE QUESTIONS ARE ENDLESS WITH ONE WEEK TO GO FOLKS??????

a.) Who will win the Sycamore at Harpeth game to win the District 11AA Regular Season Title?????

b.) Will Cheatham Co. secure the #3 seed tomorrow night at home against Creek Wood??????

c.) Will Creek Wood win and leave the door open for themselves and possibly even Stewart Co.??????

d.) If Creek Wood & Stewart Co. do finish with the same district record who will win the tiebreaker and get to host the first round game in the district tourney??????

e.) Which team of the bottom three will get the #6 seed and avoid what would almost certainly be a beatdown of a trip at both Sycamore and/or Harpeth??????