District 11AA

Big Country

I'm putting my bid for MVP in tonight as well. Newton steps up big in the big games.

I agree with HHS#1 on Cody Hudson. 4 of his 6 points were huge buckets when Harpeth needed them the most. Sycamore was making a run and the Indians just needed points on their end when they were hard to come by and he nailed 2 mid range jumpers to answer the Wareagles.

Austin Lohin had a great game too and Pierre Mitchell played awesome defense.

Hats off to the student section. One of the best senior nights I've ever seen. The atmosphere was electric like I knew it would be. The live version of Enter Sandman had everybody pumped and those guys were middle schoolers. Awesome!

It's tournament time!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just awesome. I have come to expect nothing less of the Harpeth/Sycamore rivalry.

Congrats to Coach Wilson and the team.

POY -- Newton

COY -- Froedden or Wilson

Scott Newton gets my vote for MVP of District 11AA as well folks. Jake West puts up the induvidual stats and Austin Lohin is the biggest difference maker to one single team but in the end it was Newton who perfomed biggest when the games were at their biggest for the Harpeth Indians (District 11AA Champions).

If I were to vote for the MVP then my personal ballot would probably go as follows:

1.) Scott Newton (Harpeth)

2.) Austin Lohin (Sycamore)

3.) Jake West (Stewart Co.)

4.) Joey Beach (Cheatham Co.)

5.) Kevin Giltner (Harpeth)

As far as coach of the year goes I say that you must look no further than John Stigall of Cheatham Co. We all knew that Sycamore & Harpeth would be towards the top of the district with the players that both of those teams returned not to mention the fact that one of those teams got a superstar transfer who is going to be mentioned for POY Honors next season no doubt about it. Stigall's team graduated it's best big guy from last year and their leading returning big guy quit just a couple of weeks prior to the start of the season. With that in mind the Cubs were able to change their style of play and they won this season without what we'd call a true "legit post threat". That's something that Sycamore has in Mitchell, Dempsey, & Kinman AND Harpeth also has in Baker & Newton AND Stewart Co. even has in West & Lancaster.

Edited by Big Country

Scott Newton gets my vote for MVP of District 11AA as well folks. Jake West puts up the induvidual stats and Austin Lohin is the biggest difference maker to one single team but in the end it was Newton who perfomed biggest when the games were at their biggest for the Harpeth Indians (District 11AA Champions).

If I were to vote for the MVP then my personal ballot would probably go as follows:

As far as coach of the year goes I say that you must look no further than John Stigall of Cheatham Co. We all knew that Sycamore & Harpeth would be towards the top of the district with the players that both of those teams returned not to mention the fact that one of those teams got a superstar transfer who is going to be mentioned for POY Honors next season no doubt about it. Stigall's team graduated it's best big guy from last year and their leading returning big guy quit just a couple of weeks prior to the start of the season. With that in mind the Cubs were able to change their style of play and they won this season without what we'd call a true "legit post threat". That's something that Sycamore has in Mitchell, Dempsey, & Kinman AND Harpeth also has in Bake & Newton AND Stewart Co. even has in West & Lancaster.

I agree 100% with that. Congrats to Harpeth on being Champions of 11AA this year

As far as coach of the year goes I say that you must look no further than John Stigall of Cheatham Co. We all knew that Sycamore & Harpeth would be towards the top of the district with the players that both of those teams returned not to mention the fact that one of those teams got a superstar transfer who is going to be mentioned for POY Honors next season no doubt about it. Stigall's team graduated it's best big guy from last year and their leading returning big guy quit just a couple of weeks prior to the start of the season. With that in mind the Cubs were able to change their style of play and they won this season without what we'd call a true "legit post threat". That's something that Sycamore has in Mitchell, Dempsey, & Kinman AND Harpeth also has in Bake & Newton AND Stewart Co. even has in West & Lancaster.

Well i dont know how you could say stigall from Cheatham should be coach of the year if im not wrong they returned basically the same team that did preety good last year. Maybe they can turn it around in the tournament since its at cheatham but with their players attitudes and whatnot i dont see that happening.

Well i dont know how you could say stigall from Cheatham should be coach of the year if im not wrong they returned basically the same team that did preety good last year. Maybe they can turn it around in the tournament since its at cheatham but with their players attitudes and whatnot i dont see that happening.

You need to stick with flutes and drums. You are wrong. Cheatham finished 5th in the regular season last year and had a losing record. They lost 3 key contributors from the team which finished 3rd in the district tourney last year, including both post players(Jack Hoeh & Joseph Coker) and Brandon Piper, who made the Cubs a much better team when he returned from an injury at the end of last year. This year's Cub team has been up and down, but a win Monday at Waverly would leave them with a 10-4 district mark(3rd place), highlighted by a win over Harpeth. I think there are a few coaches who should be considered this year. Froedden has done a great job at Sycamore. Wilson only lost 2 District games and led Harpeth to 3 wins over Sycamore, Stigall at Cheatham and Bramlett at SC have gotten the most out of the material they have available. You could make a valid case for any of these 4 coaches. BUT THERE IS STILL A LOT OF BASKETBALL TO BE PLAYED, AND THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS SHOULD HELP ANSWER THIS QUESTION. Looking forward to a great District tourney next week.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE OUT THERE FROM ALL OF THE SCHOOLS IN THIS DISTRICT FOR A GREAT REGULAR SEASON. I STARTED THIS THREAD ON OCTOBER 4TH OF LAST YEAR AND SINCE THEN I CAN'T RECALL THIS TOPIC EVER GOING LOWER THAN THE FIRST OR SECOND PAGE OF THE BASKETBALL FORUM.

THERE'S STILL SOME BUSINESS TO GET FINISHED WITH ON MONDAY NIGHT BUT AFTER THAT WE CAN ALL LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT DISTRICT TOURNEY!!!!!

The Boys Games will take place on Thursday Night 2/15 while the Girls Games will take place on Friday Night 2/16. All semifinal games will be held at Cheatham Co. Central High School on Saturday 2/17.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE OUT THERE FROM ALL OF THE SCHOOLS IN THIS DISTRICT FOR A GREAT REGULAR SEASON. I STARTED THIS THREAD ON OCTOBER 4TH OF LAST YEAR AND SINCE THEN I CAN'T RECALL THIS TOPIC EVER GOING LOWER THAN THE FIRST OR SECOND PAGE OF THE BASKETBALL FORUM.

THERE'S STILL SOME BUSINESS TO GET FINISHED WITH ON MONDAY NIGHT BUT AFTER THAT WE CAN ALL LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT DISTRICT TOURNEY!!!!!

The Boys Games will take place on Thursday Night 2/15 while the Girls Games will take place on Friday Night 2/16. All semifinal games will be held at Cheatham Co. Central High School on Saturday 2/17.

Hey Big Country, Thanks for all of the updates all year. Did youenjoy the atmosphere last night at Harpeth. It was a great game and I expect the next time these two teams line up again, it will be just as intense.

Do you have the bracket for Saturday's games with the times.

I would love tosee when all of the teams are playing.

Thanks again for your input all year

Hey Big Country, Thanks for all of the updates all year. Did youenjoy the atmosphere last night at Harpeth. It was a great game and I expect the next time these two teams line up again, it will be just as intense.

Do you have the bracket for Saturday's games with the times.

I would love tosee when all of the teams are playing.

Thanks again for your input all year

I was unable to be there in attendance last night as circumstances beyond my control came about. I did get the opportunity to go watch "Homecoming 2007" & "Senior Night 2007" over at Cheatham Co. Central High School last night and while I was watching that game I listened to JG & Company cover both Sycamore-Harpeth games on my walkman last night. The environment sounded great and both games were even greater. Harpeth's girls did a great job of rallying in the second half for the win and for the guys game I'll just say it was a classic. Harpeth did a great job of getting out to a quick start last night. Sycamore showed great heart and determination rallying back in the third quarter and at one point got it down to a one point game in the fourth period. Harpeth's guys showed their true character though by responding to Sycamore's efforts to make it a clean sweep for both the guys & girls this regular season.

I do not have the times for the games but I do know that ALL SEMIFINAL CONTESTS FOR BOTH THE GIRLS & BOYS will take place next Saturday afternoon and night at Cheatham Co. Central High School. That word was passed to me yesterday by a very reliable source :rolleyes:

BC give us a complete bracket of times, matchups, and dates. Thanks. :rolleyes:

On Thursday Night the Boys will take center stage:

1.) Harpeth

8.) Fairview/Waverly/Mont. Cent.

4.) Creek Wood

5.) Stewart Co.

3.) Cheatham Co.

6.) Fairview/Waverly/Mont. Cent.

2.) Sycamore

7.) Fairview/Waverly/Mont. Cent.

Tip time for all of those games will be at 6:30PM on Thursday Night at the Higher Seeds home gyms.

On Friday Night the Girls will take center stage:

1.) Harpeth

8.) Stewart Co.

4.) Sycamore

5.) Montgomery Central

3.) Creek Wood

6.) Waverly Central

2.) Cheatham Co.

7.) Fairview

Tip time for all of those games will be at 6:30PM on Friday Night at the Higher Seeds home gyms.

Saturday's Semifinals Matchups likely go as follows (THIS IS JUST A GUESS AS THE ORDER OF THOSE GAMES HAS NOT YET BEEN DETERMINED):

Girls Semifinal #1 will tip at approx. 4:00PM.

Boys Semifinal #1 will tip shortly thereafter around 5:30PM.

Girls Semifinal #2 will tip shortly after that somewhere around 7PM.

Boys Semifinal #2 will be the night cap and that one will tip around 8:30PM.

All of those semifinal games will take place on the campus of Cheatham County Central High School in Ashland City :D

Well for the MVP race and in my unbiased opinion it should be West but it will probably be Newton. Stewart County has been the doormat of the district before West's junior season. They have won 7 or less district games from 2000-2004-05 season. In West's past two seasons they have won 17. If you take West away from SC they don not win 6 district games as they wouldn't have that go-to-guy. If you take away Newton from Harpeth or Lohin from Sycamore they can still compete against everyone. What if you took West off of SC? How many wins do they get in district maybe 2-3? I would love to see him get it as he is well-deserving and the MVP is stood for Most Valuable Player. MVP does not stand for Most Outstanding Player otherwise Newton would get the award. West has done more for his program than any other guy and has lead them to back-to-back winning seasons a first in a very long time. Oh and by the way this is coming from a guy from Sycamore