District 11AA

Big Country

Well for the MVP race and in my unbiased opinion it should be West but it will probably be Newton. Stewart County has been the doormat of the district before West's junior season. They have won 7 or less district games from 2000-2004-05 season. In West's past two seasons they have won 17. If you take West away from SC they don not win 6 district games as they wouldn't have that go-to-guy. If you take away Newton from Harpeth or Lohin from Sycamore they can still compete against everyone. What if you took West off of SC? How many wins do they get in district maybe 2-3? I would love to see him get it as he is well-deserving and the MVP is stood for Most Valuable Player. MVP does not stand for Most Outstanding Player otherwise Newton would get the award. West has done more for his program than any other guy and has lead them to back-to-back winning seasons a first in a very long time. Oh and by the way this is coming from a guy from Sycamore

34SL what r ur initials? Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for the MVP race and in my unbiased opinion it should be West but it will probably be Newton. Stewart County has been the doormat of the district before West's junior season. They have won 7 or less district games from 2000-2004-05 season. In West's past two seasons they have won 17. If you take West away from SC they don not win 6 district games as they wouldn't have that go-to-guy. If you take away Newton from Harpeth or Lohin from Sycamore they can still compete against everyone. What if you took West off of SC? How many wins do they get in district maybe 2-3? I would love to see him get it as he is well-deserving and the MVP is stood for Most Valuable Player. MVP does not stand for Most Outstanding Player otherwise Newton would get the award. West has done more for his program than any other guy and has lead them to back-to-back winning seasons a first in a very long time. Oh and by the way this is coming from a guy from Sycamore

I understand what you are saying, West is a very good player, and we have all established this. BUT, we have also established that Newton, shows up a lot more in big games than West does. If it wasnt for Newton against Sycamore friday they would of lost. He gives them that spark that a team needs from there leader. Newton has done this all year, which is why he is my pick for MVP.

Yes i see that is one game but if SC didn't have West they would be getting beat by everyone. If Newton was not at Harpeth they would stil have Baker, the Caruthers brothers, and Giltner not including the other guys that come off the bench. But if Newton and West would trade places Newton would be my MVP because he would be more valueable.

I have no doubts that Jake West is the most valuable player THAT ONE SINGLE PLAYER IS TO THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAM in this district. Without West Stewart Co. would be a team fighting the likes of Fairview & Montgomery Central at the bottom of the district as oppose to being the team that they are (which is one likely headed to the Regionals for the second straight year).

The most valuable player on a team IN DISTRICT 11AA AS A WHOLE is Scott Newton of Harpeth. He is a very impossible matchup for teams to defend because he is a big body with a good post game but he can also step up and hurt teams from the perimeter as well. He reminds me of the high school version of Kevin Pittsnogle (who was the best player on the West Virginia team that went to the Elite 8 last year). Not only is he a very refined offensive player skill wise but he is also a very good defender. His length (along with that of teammate Chase Baker) is one key reason why Jake West (and a lot of other good players in the district) seem to struggle against Harpeth.

The MVP is the Most Valueable Player is not the MVP for a single game. I'm saying that without West SC would win 2 games luckily. Harpeth without Newton would still be 1 or 2. I can see what yall are saying but West has done more for his team this year that Newton. I mean at one point Giltner could have been the MVP. How could you have 2 guys from the same team be MVP. If you have two guys that good like Harpeth then I don't see how you could them the award. Without one of them the other can step it up. Without West playing well SC loses and that is that. I would love to see Lohin be MVP but without Lohin Sycamore still beat Cheatham Co. so therefore he isn't the most valueable.

Edited by 34SL

On Thursday Night the Boys will take center stage:

1.) Harpeth

8.) Fairview/Waverly/Mont. Cent.

4.) Creek Wood

5.) Stewart Co.

3.) Cheatham Co.

6.) Fairview/Waverly/Mont. Cent.

2.) Sycamore

7.) Fairview/Waverly/Mont. Cent.

Tip time for all of those games will be at 6:30PM on Thursday Night at the Higher Seeds home gyms.

On Friday Night the Girls will take center stage:

1.) Harpeth

8.) Stewart Co.

4.) Sycamore

5.) Montgomery Central

3.) Creek Wood

6.) Waverly Central

2.) Cheatham Co.

7.) Fairview

Tip time for all of those games will be at 6:30PM on Friday Night at the Higher Seeds home gyms.

Saturday's Semifinals Matchups likely go as follows (THIS IS JUST A GUESS AS THE ORDER OF THOSE GAMES HAS NOT YET BEEN DETERMINED):

Girls Semifinal #1 will tip at approx. 4:00PM.

Boys Semifinal #1 will tip shortly thereafter around 5:30PM.

Girls Semifinal #2 will tip shortly after that somewhere around 7PM.

Boys Semifinal #2 will be the night cap and that one will tip around 8:30PM.

All of those semifinal games will take place on the campus of Cheatham County Central High School in Ashland City ;)

Are you sure BC? I understood that if Waverly girls beat Cheatham Monday they will be the 5 seed not Montgomery Central.

Edited by papatiger

Alright, Who do you all think will get All-District. Here are mine....

Newton(MVP)-Harpeth

Giltner-Harpeth

Trey Caruther-Harpeth

Lohin-SYcamore

Mitchell-Sycamore

Beach-Cheatham

Dansby-Cheatham

West-Stewart

Lancaster-Stewart

Primm-Creek Wood

Green-Waverly

Dunn-Mont Cent

Honorable Mention

Baker-Harpeth

Jones-Harpeth

Harris-SYcamore

Nicholson-Sycamore

Guye-Cheatham

B. Williams-Creek Wood

Greene-Mont Cent

Johnson-Fairview

Hess-Fairview

Bledsoe-Fairview

I read these same type posts every year. I think what people need to consider, and I am sure the coaches do when they vote, is who is the best player in the District? If it is a pick up game, who would you pick first? A player on a team who finishes fifth in the district (West/SC) should not receive any favortism over a player (Newton/Harpeth) who plays on a squad which wins the district. If anything, the benefit should be given to the player coming from the better team. Why? Because the better teams generally have more contributors to their success than a good player on a lessor team, which may constantly use their "go to guy". Most teams have their individual team awards at the conclusion of the season. That is the time when the respective teams can choose who was most valuable to their own team.

A few years ago the MVP was shared by Harpeth's Shane Dansby and MC's Brandon Burney. Maybe the coaches will see fit to have co-MVP's as well this year.

Are you sure BC? I understood that if Waverly girls beat Cheatham Monday they will be the 5 seed not Montgomery Central.

You are correct there with Waverly's Girls I WAS JUST ASSUMING THAT THE LADY CUBS WILL TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS ON MONDAY NIGHT!!!!

Now I get to hope and pray that my previous post doesn't come back to bite me in the rear end ;)

Alright, Who do you all think will get All-District. Here are mine....

Newton(MVP)-Harpeth

Giltner-Harpeth

Trey Caruther-Harpeth

Lohin-SYcamore

Mitchell-Sycamore

Beach-Cheatham

Dansby-Cheatham

West-Stewart

Lancaster-Stewart

Primm-Creek Wood

Green-Waverly

Dunn-Mont Cent

Honorable Mention

Baker-Harpeth

Jones-Harpeth

Harris-SYcamore

Nicholson-Sycamore

Guye-Cheatham

B. Williams-Creek Wood

Greene-Mont Cent

Johnson-Fairview

Hess-Fairview

Bledsoe-Fairview

You may want to change how many you have per team. If I'm not mistaken, 1st & 2nd get 3 players, 3rd & 4th get 2 players and everyone else gets 1 each.