Catholic @ Fulton

gridironguy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 to 1 fulton coaching advantage? Nice job coaching in the playoffs last year after beating Catholic bad in the first game. Give me a break fultonguy05!

I was talking about the post you had originally responded to.... genius.

That's 3 advantages for fulton, to one for catholic (coaching). I dont even want to discredit the fulton staff like that though.

These are two really good football teams and this should be a great game in a great high school football setting featuring two of the best players to come out of Knoxville in years. I personally hope they end up college teammates. It will also be, probably, just round one of two or three rounds this season. It's going to be great football.

The socio-economic/political garbage in this thread about the schools detracts from the game and is insulting to the players. Fulton isn't in the South Bronx and Catholic isn't Beverly Hills 90210. Knowing KCHS very well, I think we've had our own share of athletes who have crossed behavior lines. Go figure, they're teenaged males. I'm also guessing that Fulton would have little problem picking out multiple model student athletes for display, if such displays were appropriate or necessary. Either way, what on earth does this stuff have to do with tonight's football game. I don't see why anyone cares why anyone is missing from either lineup. What matters is that they are missing. If these guys had the flu or were hit by a car, does that make their absence any less or more important?

The coaches and the players from these two programs share a lot more in common than some of their fans are willing to acknowledge. It's great to be rivals and it's great to predict results. This other stuff is garbage.

Good luck to Fulton. Better luck to the Irish! ;)

Edited by hoya75

The "model citizens" I was referring to were the good kids at Fulton who do the right thing not Catholic students. Are they not under the same pressures as a lot of these kids who get into trouble? I understand that these pressures do have a huge impact but ultimately their behavior is their own doing. I could even understand and perhaps rationalize doing things to get money, clothes, or food without going into more detail.

BUT, the actions I saw involving the cross country team and some of the football players were uncalled for. These guys should at least show some respect for other members of the FHS coaching staff and other athletes. There is no way to justify their actions. These athletes work just as hard with alot less recognition than the football and basketball teams get. Not having a daddy, proper guidance, second/third/fourth chances etc. are no excuse for the behavior I saw. I'm good friends with Coach Wright and I know what his reaction would have been and I'm sure Coach Coatney's response would have been the same. These coaches provide great guidance but some just don't seem to take it as well. Great topic for a debate but the wrong forum.

Remember, Character is what you do when no one is watching!

Well I agree that their behavior is untolerable and should be punished, and I don't think there is any excuse for what they do, BUT there is a difference between making an exuse for them and understanding why they do the things they do! I don't at all think we should incourage behavior like that, but we need to correct it and the first step in doing that is to understand why they're doing it. And I'm sure there are a few kids from Catholic who go through things they shouldn't have to, but there are ALOT more kids at Fulton who go through those same things if not more! Like you said, great topic, wrong place!

Fulton kids go through a heck of a lot more than KC kids ever thought about. Not all the Fulton kids are rich like KC students and dont say their not a rich school cause i have seen the players i have seen the school and u look pretty dadgum rich to me and preppy. I mean yeah catholic students may go through a few things but not like fulton or any of things close to being like fulton. I mean im from a lil bitty home town hick school which i love but we go through more stuff than KC does.

Fulton kids go through a heck of a lot more than KC kids ever thought about. Not all the Fulton kids are rich like KC students and dont say their not a rich school cause i have seen the players i have seen the school and u look pretty dadgum rich to me and preppy. I mean yeah catholic students may go through a few things but not like fulton or any of things close to being like fulton. I mean im from a lil bitty home town hick school which i love but we go through more stuff than KC does.

Your from a little bitty hick town! What do you know about going to school at Fulton? What do you know about going to Catholic? That was one of the most ridiculous post i have seen in this thread. You are going off of what the players look like and what there school looks like. Thats just a little crazy.

Thank u very much i have been around them schools for a long time now and i have even lived in knoxville 2.

well whoopty friggin' doo, bassfishing! you must be an expert on kids and what they go through. you know what happens when you assume, right bassfishing? i have heard enough. as a catholic alum, i know firsthand what type of kids go there. one of my best friends lives on magnolia, living in the same neighborhood as a bunch of a-e kids, and one of them lives at the river club, with an elevator in his house. i have lived in east knoxville my entire life, and i would say half of my graduating class lives between the knoxville center mall and the asheville hwy. exit, and the other half live out in west knox and farragut. i had friends go through drug abuse that lasted well past high school, and i had friends that had their mom and dad handle everything to set them up for the future. we had rich, poor, and everyone in between. that's what made kchs so special to the kids that went there. no matter where you are from or how much your parents make, you still wore that same uniform and were on the same team. why you have to bring this up on a message board about high school athletics is beyond me, and perhaps i am in the wrong for responding but this has gone on way too long. let's forget about where the kids come from and just play ball. GO IRISH!!