Catholic @ Fulton

gridironguy

I would take rogan as a running back any day over harrison smith the kid is the quickest kid i have ever saw in my life. I thought that anthony anderson from AE had moves he is a breeze in the wind compared to rogan and i would also doubt that u would find a kid wid more heart than wat he has.

I'm obviously a Catholic fan but I would take Rogan as a RB all day too. Harrison will be much more productive in college as a safety or LB. I've not seen any Irish fans trash Rogan-How could you? From a stats standpoint, Rogan is the man but Catholic has 3 other RBs that have scored several TDs. Ask AE about Hartmann. Stop Smith and the Irish have several other answers. With Freeney gone, Fulton has just lost one of their big play threats. The post never said Harrison was a better football player than Rogan. It stated that he was a better athlete than Rogan. He's bigger, stronger, and faster. Combine numbers are all we have to base that on just like they do in the NFL. By the way, Harrison has been to 3 straight state basketball tourneys and had the best high jump mark in the state last year. All three kids that you mention are first-class. Each just has different strengths as a football player and will probably end up playing different positions from each other in college. Kind of hard to say which of the three is the "best". Harrison certainly has had more offers from big name schools.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm obviously a Catholic fan but I would take Rogan as a RB all day too. Harrison will be much more productive in college as a safety or LB. I've not seen any Irish fans trash Rogan-How could you? From a stats standpoint, Rogan is the man but Catholic has 3 other RBs that have scored several TDs. Ask AE about Hartmann. Stop Smith and the Irish have several other answers. With Freeney gone, Fulton has just lost one of their big play threats. The post never said Harrison was a better football player than Rogan. It stated that he was a better athlete than Rogan. He's bigger, stronger, and faster. Combine numbers are all we have to base that on just like they do in the NFL. By the way, Harrison has been to 3 straight state basketball tourneys and had the best high jump mark in the state last year. All three kids that you mention are first-class. Each just has different strengths as a football player and will probably end up playing different positions from each other in college. Kind of hard to say which of the three is the "best". Harrison certainly has had more offers from big name schools.

Hey 8Ball .. good post ..I agree with everything you said but do not downplay Freeney's loss to Fulton ..he was a big play waiting to happen ... aside from Rogan they do not at this point have anyone who can step in those shoes at DB or WR so it is a big loss ... thats why this game will be so close ... dont pay any attention to all the loudmouth crazy stuff that some of these folks on here are saying about Fulton beating KC bad ..wont happen .. if Fulton is lucky enough to overcome KC this time then they will play again at Fulton later on ..if KC wins then they will play at KC later on .. and we all know the second game is the most important ..this is for home field all thru the playoffs .... I just hope its not at KC .. cause at Fulton we dont charge to park ..... again I applaud the Falcon staff for making a decision for the team .. they will not play guys who wont abide by the rules whether it costs them a loss or not ... GO FALCONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey 8Ball .. good post ..I agree with everything you said but do not downplay Freeney's loss to Fulton ..he was a big play waiting to happen ... aside from Rogan they do not at this point have anyone who can step in those shoes at DB or WR so it is a big loss ... thats why this game will be so close ... dont pay any attention to all the loudmouth crazy stuff that some of these folks on here are saying about Fulton beating KC bad ..wont happen .. if Fulton is lucky enough to overcome KC this time then they will play again at Fulton later on ..if KC wins then they will play at KC later on .. and we all know the second game is the most important ..this is for home field all thru the playoffs .... I just hope its not at KC .. cause at Fulton we dont charge to park ..... again I applaud the Falcon staff for making a decision for the team .. they will not play guys who wont abide by the rules whether it costs them a loss or not ... GO FALCONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During the playoffs, they charge for parking because the TSSAA takes a big chunk of the gate money. You are correct, the second game is what matters. Not to be funny, but how many times over the years has A-E won the regular season game and lose in the playoffs to Fulton.

Sure wish I could go to this game! Looks like it'll be a good one, but I think Fulton takes this one. Catholic barely beat Webb last week...total shock. I thought Catholic was suppose to be so dominating...

Fulton by 14 (at least)

When rivals play throw out the records. Webb has a good team, and if you check the Catholic Webb scores over the last 4 years they have been close games (2005 KCHS 14 Webb-12; 2004 KCHS 27- Webb 21 Catholic wins on a fumble return; 2003 KCHS 21 Webb 7; 2002 KCHS 19 Webb 7; 2001 Webb 40 KCHS 14) prior to 2002 Webb won 23 in a row. Webb also played for the state championship last year.

To me this match up really isnt Rogan vs. Smith, as many of the prominent media outlets in Knoxville are making it out to be. Sure, their both great RB's and DB's. Smith might just be the best DB in the state. Rogna just might be the quickets and most elusive RB in the state.

But, to me it's about two things: QB play and special teams. Stinson is not having a lights out kinda year, but that has a lot to do with the playof his all world RB. He manages well and throws when it's necessary. Lindsey is the same kind of QB, though I believe Lindsey has made the most mark improvement of the two this year.

Special teams. Fulton punts very solidly, but they are iffy at best on xtra points. This might be Catholic's biggest advantage.

It may come down to which all star RB has the most yards...or it might come down to an extra point. My $$'s on the xtra point.

During the playoffs, they charge for parking because the TSSAA takes a big chunk of the gate money. You are correct, the second game is what matters. Not to be funny, but how many times over the years has A-E won the regular season game and lose in the playoffs to Fulton.

Fulton has never charged for Parking in Playoffs !!!!! You are correct about AE .. I guess I should hope for a KC win this week and then a Fulton upset at KC later in playoffs huh !!!!!

They may be "thugs" but fulton can play ball I have a felling that A.H. will have a huge game. I wouldnt wont to be the FB trying to protect H.S. from A.H. Look for Hamilton to have 4 sacks 10 tackles for a loss 1 unsportsman like penalty and 2 catholic players carted off and 2 rushing xtra points.

Fulton--38

Catholic-24

They may be "thugs" but fulton can play ball I have a felling that A.H. will have a huge game. I wouldnt wont to be the FB trying to protect H.S. from A.H. Look for Hamilton to have 4 sacks 10 tackles for a loss 1 unsportsman like penalty and 2 catholic players carted off and 2 rushing xtra points.

Fulton--38

Catholic-24