Catholic @ Fulton

gridironguy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha joke! We expect to have Freeney and Hamilton back friday, but Wagner is a different story! I still believe even without him we can pull the W!

Freeney and Wagner gone for good ... Hamilton back this week ... I applaud the Falcon's Coach Coatney .. he gave these kids second chances but they didnt appreciate that second chance ... Fulton will not put wins ahead of team .. they could have easily overlooked the problem with Freeney but decided that it was time to let him go ... they will not be as good without Frreney and Wagner but hopefully team will pull together ... it may cost them this game friday night but in the long run someone will have to stepup into Freeney's shoes and Wagner's spot .... should be a good game .. with both teams having great athletes .. wont get into who's the better athlete between HS and Rogan ... both are very good .. I would give Rogan edge as RB , HS the edge in cathing passes and playing defense (very smart player who reads the play very well) ... any college would like to have them both .... hope it is a great high school game and both teams are safe from injury .... BUT GO FALCONS !!

I just found out about Freeney, Wagner, and A. Ham yesterday. I know detail to detail what happen however, I'm a little upset with all of them because I coached all of them in basketball before. But I'm going to say this, don't get down on these young men they need some positive guidance in their lives. Yes, Coach Black and gang have gave them plenty of oppurtunities to get right but they just didn't So maybe they'll learn from this...

Now to the game, Catholic is like Fulton, they're a 1 man team. AE has played both of these teams and i'm giving the edge to Fulton. Ooops did I say that? Yes, i'm going to go with those Falcons this week and only this week because AE isn't playing. But Catholic isn't as good as people are putting them. Fulton may win this one BIG!

I'm going with Fulton 24 Catholic 0 (Yes, the goose egg)

Fulton Rogan vs Catholic Smith edge Fulton!!!

I just found out about Freeney, Wagner, and A. Ham yesterday. I know detail to detail what happen however, I'm a little upset with all of them because I coached all of them in basketball before. But I'm going to say this, don't get down on these young men they need some positive guidance in their lives. Yes, Coach Black and gang have gave them plenty of oppurtunities to get right but they just didn't So maybe they'll learn from this...

Now to the game, Catholic is like Fulton, they're a 1 man team. AE has played both of these teams and i'm giving the edge to Fulton. Ooops did I say that? Yes, i'm going to go with those Falcons this week and only this week because AE isn't playing. But Catholic isn't as good as people are putting them. Fulton may win this one BIG!

Turtle ... I do feel bad for those kids .. you are correct they need some positive guidance in their lives ... but I cant blame the coaches and as you have stated they gave them every chance .. we just dont know what these kids have to deal with outside of school and football ... I wish them the best and will pray for them .. I have enjoyed watching Freeney play for 3 years now ..the kid is just amazing the things he can do .. he will be missed .. I was watching practice one day and he just walks up picks up a football and slung it 50 yards or so , then he picked another ball up and punted it 50 yards .. then placed one on a tee and kicked it thru the uprights from 45 yards ...and he is the toughest little guys I believe I have seen .. he will absolutely knock your head off .. I dont think we will be able to shutout KC .. I am hoping for a win .. but with the loss of players we have had ..its gonna be close .... Im gonna say 26 - 17 .. Falcons !! I think !!

Oh and Turtle I meant to tell you are right .... AE is improving and I think when AE plays Fulton or Catholic or both again that it will be closer games for sure .. good luck to AE if they are not playing my FALCONS !!

These are big losses but we still got what it takes to own catholic ;-p However I disagree with Turtle in saying that we are a one man team, look at our D it does wonders for us. And You can't forget about Terrence and Brandon they are monsters when they run with the ball!! I remember at the AC game Cobb carried 2 people on his back for 10 yards before he got taken out by the rest of the AC team!

At what point do you put players in front of the lessons that you're trying to teach these kids? At some point they have to be held accountable. All of these guys have had numerous chances. Look at their past history! I attended a JV game at Fulton a few weeks ago and before the game Freeney and several others showed what kind of THUGS they could be. The Cross Country team was trying to finish their workouts on the track when several of these players started blocking the track lanes and refused to move when the CC coach asked them to clear the track. Some of the players ( I won't name names) cursed the coach and yelled "It's footbal b**ch "How many Gold Balls you put up there?" The one of the players knocked down on of the CC runners. Way to support your fellow athletes. I will say that Rogan tried to get the guys in line. Very nice leadership on his part.

I certainly know the coaches at Fulton expect more. They always exhibit class and I'm sure they would have had a fit had they seen these actions. It was a little embarassing to witness it as a visitor to their stadium. I quickly pointed out to the people discussing this behavior that the coaches I've dealt with at Fulton wouldn't put up with this for 1 minute. This is not a knock on the Fulton athletic program at all before the replies start. I have the utmost respect for the job they do (not just on the field/court) in football and basketball!

Jock Stinson will do a great job at quarterback. He had a great freshman season last year looking at his stats in Murphy Fair's Preseason Magazine.

Freeney is a different story. He was a difference maker against Alcoa and that kind of loss on offense and defense is hard to replace. I wish that young man the best because he can play at the next level.

I don't know if Hamilton was hurt or if he got into trouble as well but he's a dominating player up front. He can play big time college ball if he chooses to do so. Alcoa just could not block him (nor the other big tackle Fulton has).

Hey californiastars, preseason offers just mean that the team is interested in you. That is it. Obviously Rogan showed them something during the regular season because now he's a Volunteer.

Jock Stinson will do a great job at quarterback. He had a great freshman season last year looking at his stats in Murphy Fair's Preseason Magazine.

Freeney is a different story. He was a difference maker against Alcoa and that kind of loss on offense and defense is hard to replace. I wish that young man the best because he can play at the next level.

I don't know if Hamilton was hurt or if he got into trouble as well but he's a dominating player up front. He can play big time college ball if he chooses to do so. Alcoa just could not block him (nor the other big tackle Fulton has).

Hey californiastars, preseason offers just mean that the team is interested in you. That is it. Obviously Rogan showed them something during the regular season because now he's a Volunteer.

#72 and #99 will control the D Front. The Humphrey brothers will take up the slack left by Freeney. Fulton Has 22 Players that other teams will have trouble with. Fulton will win BIG!!!!!!!

Ripper

Jock Stinson's freshman season:

59/110 passing for 1,048 yards passing & 12TD's. Oh yeah he was 8-1 as a starting quarterback. This year he was 2-0 as a starter before giving way to Wagner during the Alcoa game.

I'd take my chances with a 10-1 starting quarterback when he is surrounded by guys who have won state championships during their time at Fulton. It's not like Coatney is suiting up THE WATERBOY and running him out there to take snaps on Friday night.

Did Stinson start the Kingston game???? If so make that 11-1 :thumb:

You obviously don't understand how the process works! At this point, all you can do is commit-can't sign anything right now. It's not like Rogan mailed in scholarship papers to UT. Harrison has had a standing offer to commit to UT just like Rogan only they've been waiting/hoping for his commitment much longer than a week. They were trying to get Harrison to commit during basketball season last year. He's a honor student at a much tougher school so grades aren't an issue. A preseason offer is much more than showing interest. UT sends out 100's of letters a week expressing interest.

Also, just because Freeney and Hamilton are great football players doesn't ensure them a spot in "big-time" college football. You have to have the character, grades and test scores! No doubt either one of the two are physically talented enough but given their track record, I don't see big time college in their future.

Edited by IrishBBall