Friendship Christian at Gordonsville.

croz6110

Well i don't want this to turn into a SP topic but since you asked I haven't seen them this year but last year they said the had speed out the ears and if they did then they didn't show it against FCS. They were fast but not especially faster than anyone FCS had played and FCS's guys ran with them speed wise.

Back to this game, i agree with you that it is a gamble to pick a score. It could be a close high scoring game, or it could be a close low scoring game. Depends on alot of things. Personally, i don't see GVille getting more than 28 points. 14 or 21 alright but i don't see the green D giving up more than 21. So i think if the game is to stay close then Gville's D will have keep it that way. This is based not just on how many points FCS's D is averaging, but also on how many points Gvill's O is averaging. So if i had to pick a score i would say Gville 14 - FCS 35 (give or take an extra point). Keep in mind this pick is based on a very biased oppinion, as is the Gville picks.

I respect that Poe. Its hard to figure what Gv has given up on D. GV has played the muffin teams up front and the A team has not stayed in and the 2nd and freshmen have given up points. The biggest was the first game against SC. They are for real, stacked this year. The other was westmoreland, even though Gv beat them by 6. The Monterey game could have been real ugly, score wise. Put in the 2nd string early in the 3rd. They scored on the 2nd team. Ended 35-6. So I dont know. Trying to compare on paper is not a sure thing. I wont even offer a biased opinion. Have a wait and see opinion.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upset special of the week...gordonsville pulls out the win late!

Prediction: Gordonsville 28 FCS 21

Thanks for the support. You know, I have been debating about coming to this one all week long, and I still have more debating to do. I really do want to see Gordonsville beat FC. My most fond memory of an FC/Gordonsville game was my senior year, there was a little over 9 minutes to go in the game, and we started with ball backed up close to our own endzone. We had the lead, I believe we were leading 14-7(not sure on the score). But every play in that drive was a run, and we shoved it down their throat until they'd had enough. Ended up scoring with 1 minute or so to go. WE put together a 8 minute drive, totalling in 80+ yards on nothing but runs. That is the way football is supposed to be played in my opinion. These two teams bring out the best in eachother. And I hope to see another great one, I believe I am going to have to come see this one. I just can't miss it.

FC 28

GV 21

This years FC team can put up alot of points in a short period of time. Their D seems to get stronger as the game rolls into the 2nd half and playing only 2 players both ways is a huge boost to their effectiveness come crunch time.

2003 GV 20 FC19

2004 FC 45 GV 7 reg. season

2004 FC 42 GV 6 playoffs

2005 FC 19 GV 7

Looks like FC has done most of the smashing of the mouth the past few years. GV will have to score more than 21 to beat this FC team.

FC 28

GV 21

This years FC team can put up alot of points in a short period of time. Their D seems to get stronger as the game rolls into the 2nd half and playing only 2 players both ways is a huge boost to their effectiveness come crunch time.

2003 GV 20 FC19

2004 FC 42 GV 6 playoffs

2005 FC 19 GV 7

Looks like FC has done most of the smashing of the mouth the past few years. GV will have to score more than 21 to beat this FC team.

HE'S BACK!!!!! Where you been VOLSCHAMP?????

First statement from FC that acknowledges GV has anything. Now we are on the right track. We can talk football instead of handing out personal attacks. Yes its going to be a test for both teams. Its going to be interesting to see how both teams handle each others weapons. A score prediction would be a big guess in this game. I dont think anyone can predict this games outcome. Both teams are explosive. It could be a low scoring or high scoring game . That will depend on the lines. To bad its for all the marbles for both teams. Has anyone seen SP play this year or just heard scores? Im not impressed with scores. The region is weak. Can also make an average team look great. They always claim speed. What do you think?

I follow SP but I don't trash or anything like that. I have seen the majority of the games. 1. They beat Greenback 62-14. I didn't make the trip for that one but I understand it was men among boys that night. 2. They beat Boyd 19-15. Boyd scored both touchdowns on coverage mistakes by the same DB he is playing a lot better now. Offensively stat wise it was worse than the score showed. Don't be fooled by Boyd's record. 3. They beat LV 56-0. It could have been 100. LV not very good. 4. They beat Copper Basin 48-0. Even though it was at SP I didn't go. CB is very young from what I hear with 1st year coach. 5. They beat Bledsoe Co 59-0. Bledsoe is 2A but they are in the bottom of their region but a 4 seed is a possibility for them. 6. They beat Grace Academy 54-14. Grace is better than last year but still not very good. 7. They beat Marion County 48-0. Marion is not a bad team but average or slightly less than average. Marion played tough about a quarter and a half. Then SP took control and they could not be stopped. This is some info you were looking for about SP this year. Do not use last year as a comparison at all. SP is very good. They have great speed. To me though their speed can be more impressive on D. I will let your discussion go back to topic I thought I would try to answer the post the best way I could. There are a lot of people interested on how your game turns out Friday. SP plays Temple at Finley and it should be a good game In my opinion SP is about 14 points better than them but who knows. I hope the info I gave answers your question about SP.

Edited by svcfan

Well i don't want this to turn into a SP topic but since you asked I haven't seen them this year but last year they said the had speed out the ears and if they did then they didn't show it against FCS. They were fast but not especially faster than anyone FCS had played and FCS's guys ran with them speed wise.

SP has speed and FC is one of a few teams that can match up with them. Big difference this year is that the SP offense is now a modified WingT instead of the Power I. It really takes adantage of all the speed. Also SP was a young team last year (and still is) but the younger guys have really grown. The SP - FC game, if it happens, would be a classic!

As for FC - Gordonsville. I have not seen either play but just based on scores and what I've heard you have to give the nod to FC by 2 TD's. I would be surprised if Gordonsville managed an upset but in Region 4 it could happen.

Good luck to both teams :rolleyes:

FC 28

GV 21

2003 GV 20 FC19

2004 FC 42 GV 6 playoffs

2005 FC 19 GV 7

its funny how FC fans always like to think about the positive past...

wasn't too long ago, FC wasn't getting the face smashed by Gordonsville, about 2 years ago, maybe 3 ago...

oh, and I can say that, I have never lost to FC :thumb:

SP has speed and FC is one of a few teams that can match up with them. Big difference this year is that the SP offense is now a modified WingT instead of the Power I. It really takes adantage of all the speed. Also SP was a young team last year (and still is) but the younger guys have really grown. The SP - FC game, if it happens, would be a classic!

As for FC - Gordonsville. I have not seen either play but just based on scores and what I've heard you have to give the nod to FC by 2 TD's. I would be surprised if Gordonsville managed an upset but in Region 4 it could happen.

Good luck to both teams :thumb:

Scores is definately a way to predict a ball game. Keep that in mind.

First statement from FC that acknowledges GV has anything. Now we are on the right track. We can talk football instead of handing out personal attacks. Yes its going to be a test for both teams. Its going to be interesting to see how both teams handle each others weapons. A score prediction would be a big guess in this game. I dont think anyone can predict this games outcome. Both teams are explosive. It could be a low scoring or high scoring game . That will depend on the lines. To bad its for all the marbles for both teams. Has anyone seen SP play this year or just heard scores? Im not impressed with scores. The region is weak. Can also make an average team look great. They always claim speed. What do you think?

Sorry I just wanted to add to something.. everyone talks Last year.. If anyone comes to or plays spitt thinking last years team will get blown away... they will have 4 backs over 1,000 yards by seasons end.. how many teams in the nation can claim that ? there wing T formation and passing will leave you Guessing... 5 or more backs with 4.5 speed or better.... Good luck to Gord and Fcs I have alot of respect for them both... They both have Gold balls so you have to respect that... this Post was in no way putting any team down... we here at spitt are surley watching you guys this friday... It will be the first score I look for and next week's also.. I would love to be a fly on someone's nacho and cheese to watch this game... good luck to both teams and I hope everyone comes out healthy

Sorry I just wanted to add to something.. everyone talks Last year.. If anyone comes to or plays spitt thinking last years team will get blown away... they will have 4 backs over 1,000 yards by seasons end.. how many teams in the nation can claim that ? there wing T formation and passing will leave you Guessing... 5 or more backs with 4.5 speed or better.... Good luck to Gord and Fcs I have alot of respect for them both... They both have Gold balls so you have to respect that... this Post was in no way putting any team down... we here at spitt are surley watching you guys this friday... It will be the first score I look for and next week's also.. I would love to be a fly on someone's nacho and cheese to watch this game... good luck to both teams and I hope everyone comes out healthy

G-ville has a gold ball...FCS hasn't been past the quarterfinals.