Temple vs. South Pittsburg at Finley

jeswins

S.P.'s line will win this game with dominance on the line of scrimmage, and one more thing to add. Defense wins championships... and this is for the region.

jasper was a bigger and suppossed to be stronger from what we heard all week... spitt dominated the line.. and for once.. (eating a little crow here) very very well coached game... after the first quarter jasper didnt have a clue what was going to be next..... and one more thing.. WAS THAT NOT ONE OF THE HARDEST HITS IVE SEEN PUT ON A QB...... congrats to the jasper qb for getting up after a few seconds of trying to figure out the name of the train that just ran him over!!!!! Temple hasnt played anyone yet.. i know they have a awesome passing attack.. and yes they may score a cpl touchdown.. but that wont match the dice that Vic rolls for our Pirates to score against them..... and yes we fans are a little cocky after last night .. ha ha ha would have been nice to see 60

Edited by Geno

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we all knew this game would be played by 2 undefeated teams. I know that temple is dangerous, and yes they do have weapons that can hurt any team, however, we came out against Marion playing man2man. Something we don't do often, and I felt like we did good. Not great, but good enough to keep them out of the endzone. Maybe I am just dumb and don't remember, but where are Josh Smith and Joey Skogen? I haven't heard their names any this year. If they are healthy and do play, I am more worried about those two than S. Skogen.

I have seen Temple and South Pittsburg play this season. From the posts I have read on here, there does seem to be a little cockiness on the SP side and rightly so. Four shutouts, no teams has scored more than 2 touchdowns, very high scoring games, etc. You have earned a few bragging rights. Yet, I do respect the fact that South Pittsburg is not writing Temple off. If I remember correctly, Temple last year scored more points against SP than any other team and was winning at the half. Was SP surprised by what Temple brought to the field? I think Temple earned their respect even though they lost and the SP's coach was complimentary and classy in his comments after the game.

No one expected Temple to do as well as they have and Temple may be even a little surprised themselves. The truth is, they seem to be able to turn it up a notch whenever they need to and that makes them dangerous. In several of their games they made what could have been a number of game losing mistakes but they were always able to recover, refocus, and win. I think the Temple boys know how to win, over all and they have an across the board attitude of being winners.

I saw the MC and SP game last night and I felt that MC hurt themselves more on offense than SP's defense. MC had some huge kids on the line and they were giving their quarterback plenty of time to throw. MC's running game was pretty weak, though. Their line did not create the holes needed to make the play. The one thing MC lacked to win the game was two Skogans, a Ridley, a Neusome, a Smith, and a Wadley. We will see the difference these kids make Friday.

By the way, for all the talk about SP's speed and dominance, get ready for some shock and awe!

The King says For all of S.P's talk about speed and dominance..You all come to Finley buy you a ticket and watch it on display. The King says Tennessee Temple will hang with S.P till the half. S.P. will be up by a touchdown or two at the end of halftime. The King says in the second half SPs Defense will have to step it up. The King says if they do S.P. wins by 3 in a high scoring game if not The King says this shootout will come to the end but after last night The King dont see that happening. The King will make his prediction later in the week but The King will go ahead and say that SP will win big

I have seen Temple and South Pittsburg play this season. From the posts I have read on here, there does seem to be a little cockiness on the SP side and rightly so. Four shutouts, no teams has scored more than 2 touchdowns, very high scoring games, etc. You have earned a few bragging rights. Yet, I do respect the fact that South Pittsburg is not writing Temple off. If I remember correctly, Temple last year scored more points against SP than any other team and was winning at the half. Was SP surprised by what Temple brought to the field? I think Temple earned their respect even though they lost and the SP's coach was complimentary and classy in his comments after the game.

No one expected Temple to do as well as they have and Temple may be even a little surprised themselves. The truth is, they seem to be able to turn it up a notch whenever they need to and that makes them dangerous. In several of their games they made what could have been a number of game losing mistakes but they were always able to recover, refocus, and win. I think the Temple boys know how to win, over all and they have an across the board attitude of being winners.

I saw the MC and SP game last night and I felt that MC hurt themselves more on offense than SP's defense. MC had some huge kids on the line and they were giving their quarterback plenty of time to throw. MC's running game was pretty weak, though. Their line did not create the holes needed to make the play. The one thing MC lacked to win the game was two Skogans, a Ridley, a Neusome, a Smith, and a Wadley. We will see the difference these kids make Friday.

By the way, for all the talk about SP's speed and dominance, get ready for some shock and awe!

Why does every one compare this year to last year... as i have said this team is no where near the team of last year.. its alot better .. so temple fans .. Just like I told jasper fans if u expect this game to be like last years you will leave with your head down like jasper did.. wont even be close....

Why does every one compare this year to last year... as i have said this team is no where near the team of last year.. its alot better .. so temple fans .. Just like I told jasper fans if u expect this game to be like last years you will leave with your head down like jasper did.. wont even be close....

We always compare the present with the past. It is part of who we are. How do you know that SP is a lot better without comparing them to last year? I am sure you do not mean that SP is the only team that is better than last year. I attended the MC game and with all the talk about how good SP is I really expected to see more out of them and they showed a lot. Honestly, though, I did not see anyone who had the speed of Temple's Kameron Ridley. I did not see anyone who was quicker than Joey Skogen and Dee Neusome. I certainly did not see anyone who had the hands, size, and power of Seth Skogen (He has the ability to embarass the defense, repeatedly). I also, did not see anyone who could match up against Josh Smith. Marion County lost to SP because they were slow and could not match up on speed. They continued to contain SP's running game and their offensive line continued to crumble SP's line. Where they got hurt was their lack of speed. That will be the difference in making this Friday a great game. Temple, I think, has the size to contain SP's defense giving their QB the time to make the plays. They definitely have enough quickness, power, and speed to contend with SP.

In every way, Temple has improved over last year, just like SP has. Temple would have beaten MC just as soundly as SP did if they had played them. I would be very careful about overlooking Temple. I am not sure Temple even realizes how good their own team is.

Well, we all knew this game would be played by 2 undefeated teams. I know that temple is dangerous, and yes they do have weapons that can hurt any team, however, we came out against Marion playing man2man. Something we don't do often, and I felt like we did good. Not great, but good enough to keep them out of the endzone. Maybe I am just dumb and don't remember, but where are Josh Smith and Joey Skogen? I haven't heard their names any this year. If they are healthy and do play, I am more worried about those two than S. Skogen.

Joey skogen is averaging around 110 yrds a game and smith is at about 90 I think- Ridley is about 130+ I think- and I agree these are going to be the difference makers- s. skogen will do what he always does....if these kids step up they could make a game of it...