William Blount vs. McMinn

jethro

This continues to be one of the more unbelievable seasons that I have ever witnessed at any level at any sport. This was the 5th game that has not been decided until the last minute. That would be enough in itself. But the remarkable thing is...in all 5 games, the team that you thought would win late in the game has just given it away.

Sev Co vs WB.....SC is driving to win the game only to fumble on 1st and goal at the WB 5 with under a minute left. WB wins on a gift.

WB @Ooltewah....WB has a 3 pt lead with 1 minute left and Ooltewah has the ball at their own 20 with 0 timeouts left. They march down and score on the last play of the game to win. WB loses.

WB @ Farragut....WB has 3 pt lead with 58 seconds and Farragut has the ball on their own 20 with 0 timeouts left. They march down and kick a FG to send it into overime on the last play. WB misses XP in overtime. WB loses.

Oak Ridge @ WB..OR has 13-0 lead with under 6 minutes left only to turn it over twice and allow WB to win at the end.

McMinn @ WB.....WB is leading 24-14 with under 6 minutes left only to fumbe a punt and allow MC to drive down for the score to cut it to 24-21. WB is able to pick up two 1st downs late in the game which you think might seal it as they have it 2nd and 8 at the MC 30 with only 1:40 left with MC having just spent their last timeout. We also say the only way to lose this one now is to fumble on the next play....and, just like a Hollywood script, we do. They get it and march down to the WB 35 where they have it 4th and 2 with 30 seconds left. A great naked boot call by MC and a TE drag should have resulted in a TD but Johnson underthrew it a bit and the TE fell at the 8. MC unable to score on the next 3 plays with incompletions and they kick a 27 yarder to go to OT. 1st OT McMinn scores 1st to take a 31-24 lead. WB scores and just barely makes the PAT 31-31. WB gets it 1st in double OT and scores with ease to make it 38-31. McMinn is faced with 3rd and goal from the 10. A simple handoff to Trace and he runs it in nearly untouched. PAT is good 38-38. MC gets it 1st in triple OT and is faced with a 4th and goal from the 3. Trace runs it in. On the PAT, the holder gets it, raises up and finds a wide open TE in the back of the end zone for 2 points. 46-38. WB unable to score and it is game over.

Does anyone else feel as though this is like a movie script. To have 5 games out of the 8 played be won by the team that had to have like 3 or 4 incredible breaks go their way to even have a chance late. I am simply amazed at what I have seen. WB now has to hope OR loses one of the next 2.

By the way, I am not sure anyone knew this, but, if WB had won last night and them and OR were to have won out, WB would have gotten 2nd place. It would have been a 3 way tie for 2nd between OR, WB, and Farragut. In the 2nd tiebreaker, Farragut would have lost and went down to 4th because their outside record was 1-2 where WB and OR was 2-1. Then WB would have beated OR to give them the 2nd seed. Oh well..the best WB can hope for is 4th and a long trip to Kingsport.

I agree with you etcoach, they have been in some strange games. The trip to Kingsport isn't that far, if WB does in fact make it. They will represent Region 2 very well against the Indians. The Owls gave them all they wanted two years ago in a loss and defeated them there last year. Awesome place to play football, you guys can handle it, if they can keep their composure.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion all of you WB fans can think Meadows for this "L", I mean all the guy has to do is take 3 neal downs and punt and McMinn would have had :13 seconds to go some 80 yards. But instead he is handing the ball off.....Bad play calling.

But we appreciate the gift and made the most out of it, by the way thanks again WB.

The Govs have a good team and will be a threat to beat anybody on any given night. GovMan where are you? Good luck againist Bradley and Heritage! But if OR wins out this game will have cost you a trip to DB, maybe that is a good thing. never count OR out they know how to win and will possibly upset these two fine football teams.

When did Oak Ridge win their last State Championship? Why would Ooltewah be whinning when we are 8-0? I see Oak Ridge fans CRYING on every thread about no coaching, no heart and how young they are. Oak Ridge was ranked preseason #1 in 5a. Ooltewah is 3-2 all-time against Oak Ridge and 1-1 against DB. I think Ooltewah is a growing program who is keeping their athletes from going to private schools like McCallie, Baylor and Boyd Buchanan. Ooltewah has the upmost respect for Oak Ridge so there is no need to get on here and talk down to "us" Ooltewah fans.

I hate to agree with an Owl fan. They (most) seem to find themselves on every thread whinning for respect. They havent won anything.. ever and a good year here and there is the exception not the rule. Oak Ridge is having the exception season this year and it is very possible they loose the next two and go 5-5 for the season. They are very very young and inexperienced this year. They will still be young next year with a lot of juniors starting but those juniors will be returning starters. So Owl fans go ahead talk it up OR will be back showing why they are considered year after year the class of 2 5 A. I thought Owls liked small rodents. I guess crow will be very hard to swallow. You may not have to wait till nexyt year for that crow dinner cause If you end up playing DB in the playoffs and continue to talk they have crow on their menu for Owl fans that whine on every thread they can find.

Most Owl fans, every player and every coach respect OR and their tradition. We hope we are building the same kind of legacy in our program. I think we are on our way, personaly. I don't think our guys will overlook nor underestimate the cats this year or any other for that matter. Since they have been playing each other it has been a very competive series. Both have won on the road and at home in different years. You guys made a great run last year, I wish you had won it all. If you do make the play-offs this year, Good Luck. If you don't I am sure you will be back next year. Just for the record Owls don't have any Crow on their future menu. If we lose we lose, we will still fly high. It's the about that time of year for Region 2 teams and their fans to get behind the teams that do make the play-offs. Maybe we can have another team represent our region in the championship game again this year. :thumb: