Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

nevermind, maybe its not an ignorance issue, maybe its just a lack of respect...oaklandgrad you remember that state tournament team yall had in '04-'05 that AML lead her team to do the unlikely and pulled a HUGE upset in the region tournament, as a SOPHMORE? dont you remember, she was region tournament MVP, as a SOPHMORE? not to mention she was working miracles her freshman year. i know you didnt get to see AML much last year, like i didnt see TD, both to unfortunate injuries. but dont underestimate the girl who has been taking the midstate by storm for the 4th year now

i have a feeling MTSU was the tip of the iceburg for her but she did a GREAT thing, we still get to have her at home and part of a great program. plus the risk of injury factor, she made a smart move :)

You mean the game that she BROKE Tab Almader's nose in b/c she was keeping AML's scoring total so low?

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she got a full ride, I doubt a transfer. If her freshman year is good I doubt it. If she finds a good NAIA school after the first two years, maybe but doubt it. TD is a winner and finisher when she makes a decision.

My own opinion i think she could do better than ETSU, i mean if Ann Marie can go to MTSU then i think Tara could as well.

My own opinion i think she could do better than ETSU, i mean if Ann Marie can go to MTSU then i think Tara could as well.

I see your thought process and would not want to comment on it too much. Going to school and being happy where you are is extremely important and may be more important than anything else, even basketball. Relationships built in college last a lifetime, basketball just a few years. For that matter, who knows MTSU is better. MTSU is close to home. That was important. Transfering to another school could lose a year of eligibility if the reason is basketball. Too much gets tied up just for basketball when it could be just a myrid of other things that are most important. I am very sure she got some very good counseling before the decision was made and really wish her the best.

TD probably wouldn't have went to MTSU anyway. She wants to play and contribute to her team's winning. Then again the greatest thing about college is getting away from home and getting out on your own while becoming a more responsible adult. It kinda defeats that purpose if you just walk down the street to go to college.

Cookeville won the "Battle of the Posts" game at Siegel but Carrie Parrot Won the Battle individually getting 13 points and 10 rebounds. Siegel needed theis game to stay in the running for the first half District Title. The loss of this game leaves Siegel 0-2 in ths District and very likely takes their record to the middle of the pack eventually.

Well if Oakland is going to be a good team, they're going to need to finish off teams when they have them down. Oakland goes into the fourth quarter up by 20 and what do they do? They let Lebanon all the way back into the game with a chance to win at the end. Yes the girls won and yes their 7-0, but they have to finish games. Sarah King is starting to develop as a force as she had 17 pts and 7 rebounds tonight for the Lady Pats.

Well Oakland has started off real good this year...very good. Alot better then they did one year ago. If they can keep it up they might have a good record this year. They have surprised everyone...even theirselves. I dont think they came make it past riverdale or maybe siegel, but if they come together and by the time they play them they might have a chance to take district. If we all look at riverdale how can we say that they wont take oakland and put them in thier place. The girls really havent played anyone worth talking about. Untill they do they need to keep playing and winning. GO LADY PATS!

Well Oakland has started off real good this year...very good. Alot better then they did one year ago. If they can keep it up they might have a good record this year. They have surprised everyone...even theirselves. I dont think they came make it past riverdale or maybe siegel, but if they come together and by the time they play them they might have a chance to take district. If we all look at riverdale how can we say that they wont take oakland and put them in thier place. The girls really havent played anyone worth talking about. Untill they do they need to keep playing and winning. GO LADY PATS!

The high school girls' game is one of defensive match ups and inconsistency. Rarely do all of the good players play well throughout an entire season, and some of those good players crumble completely under pressure. To say that Oakland will not be able to hang with Riverdale or Siegel is yet to be seen. I haven't seen Riverdale play this season, but it would be hard for me to believe that they have the speed to keep up with Oakland. Plus Grandstaff is a good coach and is sure to have something up her sleeve for both of these games. I can't wait to see either one of these games.

The high school girls' game is one of defensive match ups and inconsistency. Rarely do all of the good players play well throughout an entire season, and some of those good players crumble completely under pressure. To say that Oakland will not be able to hang with Riverdale or Siegel is yet to be seen. I haven't seen Riverdale play this season, but it would be hard for me to believe that they have the speed to keep up with Oakland. Plus Grandstaff is a good coach and is sure to have something up her sleeve for both of these games. I can't wait to see either one of these games.

Let it be clear, after watching 7AAA so far, there is not a team that cannot be beaten in District play. Not that they will but it looks as if 7AAA is pretty balanced and the District will generate some more surprises before the season is over. One thing that is for sure, when you go to see a game, it will be exciting, ie this past week when triple overtime in White County determined the winner of the contest between Lebanon and White.

The games already played have made the possible outcome more clear and exposed strengths and weaknesses of the District. However, teams are still very close.

Riverdale, the acknowledged front runner hasn't played Oakland but has a very good starting lineup but as with most teams this year, will have to work on developing their bench to be the team they were last year. They are depending on two great players and the season is long. How well those players react under the extended play time will tell how the team does the rest of the year.

Oakland is somewhat in the same position. TD and KM are given factors, but SK will have to continue good play for this team to do well but they have been consistant while, up to now , not playing a very ambitious schedule.

Cookeville is better than expected defensively and their outside game is stronger than expected at this time. There inside play, I believe they will admit, is a little bit behind what their expectations were. However it is adequate. this team will probably peak at the right time and looks to be stronger at the end of the year than now.

Siegel has gotten consistant, steady play from Carrie Parrot but the inconsistancy coming for the rest of the team is causing some concern. Injury recovery is on schedule and maybe a little ahead. Except for Parrot, post play, so far has not developed to the point it can be depended on both offensively and defensively to be an important factor. What was expected to be a major strength of the team, its outside play , has been very good at times but has disappeared entirely at others. While maybe not so, This team looks as if their chemistry has disappeared. It would be good to blame the coach but this play falls on the shoulders of the players and has to be corrected. This team will have to play up to its capability to be a factor in the District race or expect to fall even more in the District Standings to either 6th or 7th. It is good they have beaten Warren County. So far this may be the biggest disappointment in the District.

Lebanon is the surprise team in the District. They seem to be able to score much better than was expected and have made the transition with a new coach much better than expected. Howse, has been a consistant scorer outside and Elie is playing well. It is not known how well this team will do, but they are playing a number of players and it is obvious the new coach is in the midst of trying to develop a program that will last for a few years. They will finish higher than everyone had projected earlier maybe even as high as fourth and maybe by default.

White county is also in the midst of developing their team this year and will get better as the year will go on. Losing to Lebanon was unexpected but this was a vey loose game which both teams do not expect to happen again. White could jump a place or two to fifth as they seem to be getting better.

Blackman is under development and has not reached its potential yet. As usual, they will come on about tournament time and while their record is not good as of now, its expected to be better later.

Warren County has won more at this time than last year but in District has not played well. Unless something major happens, this will be a long year for the Pioneers but one in which some optimism may be thought of in the future. Frazier is a very good player and one who could play on many teams. Fans want a winner in Warren County. It is undetermined how the future will treat those needs.

The way these teams are listed are projections on how the teams, at this time, seem to be shaping up in District and each week, things happen to change those projections due to injuries, better play, teams stepping up, developing players playing better, etc. Other thoughts are needed and Other projections will be made at the end of the first round of play to see if any of these teams have moved.

Edited by PHargis