Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

He is one of the best.

What is Siegel's record and will they finish above .500?

According to the Siegel faithful, this should have been their year. They now have a majority of Seniors and Juniors and this should be their breakout year. Will next year be any better when these Seniors are gone? Maybe Oakland and Riverdale will be down next year since they are losing some high profile Seniors. :ph34r:

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NoMoore, these are very probing questions which a team can be concerned with or know they mean very little to the task at hand. Siegel is a very good team and the season is now to the point that to meet goals that would like to be attained, some things will have to be done. This will take a Discipline and chemistry that this team has not faced this year. It will take a Courageous coaching staff to develop a plan and take players who will need to change their perceived roles to make it work. All of this is not easy and only the ability of the Coaching Staff to sell the plan and staff it properly will make it work. This was caused primarily because of two losses to two good teams in the first of the season.

Now the goals of the team are at stake.

Can this team meet its potential? Yes Can they be successful in meeting their goals. Can this eventually be a breakout year playing a very hard schedule? Yes.

Will everything have to break right? yes. is this team talented enough to do this? For sure.

Nomoore, there are things to be interested in about futures and the time to do it and there are certainly those things that really mean nothing at this time. There is only few things that can be concerned about now and those are not some of them. In about four or five weeks we might analyze and look at what has happened and understand what has happened. Now certainly is not the time and this team has other things on its mind.

While information has been spotty for the two tournaments Siegel played in over the Holidays, my inderstanding now is the same as you have said. Kirsten Sigenthauler is playing very well and with better consistancey the lst 6 games and looks as is averaging 13 points for those 6 games. kristen is a good player and looks to be playing the best ball since she has been in HS.u

What yr is she?

NoMoore, these are very probing questions which a team can be concerned with or know they mean very little to the task at hand. Siegel is a very good team and the season is now to the point that to meet goals that would like to be attained, some things will have to be done. This will take a Discipline and chemistry that this team has not faced this year. It will take a Courageous coaching staff to develop a plan and take players who will need to change their perceived roles to make it work. All of this is not easy and only the ability of the Coaching Staff to sell the plan and staff it properly will make it work. This was caused primarily because of two losses to two good teams in the first of the season.

Now the goals of the team are at stake.

Can this team meet its potential? Yes Can they be successful in meeting their goals. Can this eventually be a breakout year playing a very hard schedule? Yes.

Will everything have to break right? yes. is this team talented enough to do this? For sure.

Nomoore, there are things to be interested in about futures and the time to do it and there are certainly those things that really mean nothing at this time. There is only few things that can be concerned about now and those are not some of them. In about four or five weeks we might analyze and look at what has happened and understand what has happened. Now certainly is not the time and this team has other things on its mind.

PHargis, do you agree that distict 9AAA is the strongest district from top to bottom this year, or am I not giving 7AAA and 8AAA enough respect??

PHargis, do you agree that distict 9AAA is the strongest district from top to bottom this year, or am I not giving 7AAA and 8AAA enough respect??

Thanks for the question. I certainly think District 9 is the toughest or no less than one of the toughest inTennessee top to bottom. Like any other District the lower tier of teams do fall off some.

One might consider district 8 to be almost as tough 1-5 and like 9, trail off from there down maybe a little more than 9.

As you realize MTennessee is pretty tough in every District 1-4.

District 7 had a down year last year but has improved from that time , top to bottom. Time will tell but the first six teams in 7 will be pretty good. Blackman and Warren county have fallen behind but, in my opinion, deciding they can be better and competing like they can may be the greatest obstacle to them improving. Lebanon has improved and White will always be good. The other 4 teams might be solid all of the time. At this time, top to bottom, 9' 8' and 7 in that order top to bottom.ui

What time should we get there to get a good seat, PHargis?

2, with limited seats available if any, the real question might be not a good seat but getting in period. As you probably know this has been a hot seat for a number of years, in fact 4-5. No matter whether its at Oakland or at Siegel there will probably be 2500 fans and could handle more if the fire marshall would let them in. As you know, the fire marshall will be right outside the front door as they always are. Could this fill up MTSU? Some say yes. Could the Riverdale/Oakland? Some say yes. i would say that if any tickets are available its very likely that 6:00 might be too late to buy a ticket, or see the girls game and certainly if you are not there by 6:30 you may not get a good seat at all if you have prebought your ticket. Tickets, I understand it have been sold out at the schools but they may have some at the door.

This is what HS Basketball is all about and the first chance this year to see two great Seniors at Oakland play against 3 great seniors at Siegel or two great teams play against each other.

2 the game should be named after you, 2priceless. Records mean nothing and emotion will be high and we all hope for a safe night. I here by proclam this game the "2PRICELESS NIGHT" in respect to the 4 great teams playing. Oh, by the way, I'll be there at 5:30 like I always am "IF I CAN FIND A TICKET".

Edited by PHargis

I agree...bball at its finest.

I think Mr. Vaughn will take every precaution for safety tomorrow night. I have heard that extra security will be on hand and the majority of the measures Mr. Tackett had in placde last yr at our place will be doubled this yr.

I def want to see both games.

Mr. Vaughn seems to be a Principal of Action and he was prepared last year. I know the same thing will be in tact at Siegel. These two games and the two Riverdale/Oakland games will be crowd wise, the largest games of the year. District 7 competition at its best.