Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

To bring everything into perspective, was theis Tourney 7AAA or did it have a number Districts included included in it? I do know there are some freshman playing varsity at some schools, not starting, but getting some play time. most of these have some AAU experience and background. Don't know from these two schools if that is the case. An opinion is unless it is a high profile AAU player, freshman in 7AAA would have a difficult time competing unless player physically is developed. Doesn't mean dressing out and spot playing is not possible which brings up the subject again about player development in 7AAA which is a subject that has been tried to start some conversation on and who is doing the best and there very likely has not been enough information to make enough conversation about. After this Tourney, maybe some comment is worthy.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bring everything into perspective, was theis Tourney 7AAA or did it have a number Districts included included in it? I do know there are some freshman playing varsity at some schools, not starting, but getting some play time. most of these have some AAU experience and background. Don't know from these two schools if that is the case. An opinion is unless it is a high profile AAU player, freshman in 7AAA would have a difficult time competing unless player physically is developed. Doesn't mean dressing out and spot playing is not possible which brings up the subject again about player development in 7AAA which is a subject that has been tried to start some conversation on and who is doing the best and there very likely has not been enough information to make enough conversation about. After this Tourney, maybe some comment is worthy.

This was 7AAA tourney. No other Districts involved. Not sure about aau players. I don't know if Riverdale lost this year, but Riverdale was the only team to beat White County.

I think White Co. has a very good Freshmen team this year. So obviously Riverdale does too.

I did not get out and see the freshman play i was going by what a freind of mine told me that the freshman teams as a whole the entire 7AAA was not that good this year so you disagree and you think that WC and Riverdale are pretty good and the girls on those teams will conrtibute to varsity and will remain strong?

I did not get out and see the freshman play i was going by what a freind of mine told me that the freshman teams as a whole the entire 7AAA was not that good this year so you disagree and you think that WC and Riverdale are pretty good and the girls on those teams will conrtibute to varsity and will remain strong?

It is my opinion that this years White Co. freshmen team is as good as we have had in 5 or 6 years. I have not seen Riverdale play, but I heard Lanning was good. I have not seen the other 7AAA teams play. The Dist. as a whole may be down. I have watched this group of freshmen play since they were in elementary and middle school. I think a few will contribute right away next season. Freshmen T. Delaney is already on the varsity this season. She is Kyle's sister.

girls freshmen teams havent been strong for a while now and thats why a lot of schools play JV because not a lot of freshmen girls play anymore and the ones who do play need a team and the girls on varsity who get little minutes play with them and its not a "freshmen" team...........................and i dont think those JV teams get to play in the tournament someone correct me if im wrong