Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

Most players did go to Stone. This Cumberland co. team got their 11th win last night. I believe they are 11-18. It was Cumberland Countys 3rd win in 2007. Not a good way to go into the Dist. tourney for White County.

Cookevilles last game was a loss against Livingston Academy. Is LA known as a strong team? It surprised me that LA beat them.

Edited by PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookevilles last game was a loss against Livingston Academy. Is LA known as a strong team? It surprised me that LA beat them.

It's one of those rivalry games where you can't look at past games or records. LA is playing as well now as they have all year even after the loss of senior post Jada Ledbetter. They beat Upperman last Friday to win the district. So to answer you question, yes they are a very strong team with a storied history with more than one gold ball.

It's one of those rivalry games where you can't look at past games or records. LA is playing as well now as they have all year even after the loss of senior post Jada Ledbetter. They beat Upperman last Friday to win the district. So to answer you question, yes they are a very strong team with a storied history with more than one gold ball.

Cookeville was without two of their starters- Ali & Niki

You are right, in the past they have ben strong. Nikki and Ali not playing was to some degree a factor but the rivalry was more so as I now see. For a strong AA team within a few miles of Cookeville to have a chance to knock of a very strong AAA neighbor with basketball as strong as it is in that area should not be surprising. I would bet it was a knock down drag out game and wish I could have seen it. Reminds me of last year, the first game of the season, siegel ambling in the same gym and getting thrashed pretty bad. Worst loss of the season but thanks for the info.

congradulations to him, very well deserved. one could make an argument for gradstaff from oakland also, though i like her better as a close 2nd :thumb:

No offense to Coach Burt, but I was always frown upon the COY going to a coach who's team was expected to win their district/region. I mean nobody was going to beat out Riverdale, although Cookeville game them a run for their money. Not to discredit Jennifer, but Oakland went downhill late in the season and really, their good start was aided by a soft schedule. To me, I was more impressed with Mindy Odom and Darren Brown, they both did tremendous jobs with their teams. I think we all expected Cookeville to be in the top 4 or so, but I dont think many people expected the Lady Cavs to go 12-2 and force Riverdale to win their district finale to assure themselves of an outright title, I think you can make an argument for Odom being the best coach in 7-AAA. Darren Brown deserves a heap of praise for what he did with Lebanon. Yeah they finished 5th, but they came oh so close in alot of those games, they could very well by 3rd or 4th instead of 5th, no team improved more than Lebanon