Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

WHAT LEBANON BEATS OAKLAND? IS THAT WHAT I READ

yes it is and its sad to see TD's career to end in such a sad way.............oakland got very little from anyone else on the team all year and especailly tonight when they needed it...............lebanon played a triangle and 2 defense onTD and most of the time there were 3 lebanon defenders on TD and the other girls still looked confused.....now some of them gave great effort but they all still need to learn how to play basketball and not live off one player...........lebanon has a good team and a smart coach for exployting oaklands weaknesses....good job oakland girls for the effort this season

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Siegel 58

White County 46

No doubt this young White County team will get better. Next season they will be right at the top of 7AAA. :)

For 7AAA fans, remember these names. You will be hearing them next year. White has many players coming back for next year. CASH, ROBERTS, YSLAS, and a name we all have not heard of much PAGE will give White a neucleus of good players and if by chance, and only by chance, some 6-6'1" amazon is found walking down the halls of this tradition rich school and decides to cast their lot with this school next year, White will be in contention for the title next year. The White fans are competitive and fun to listen to and love their team. Good luck until next year.

No offense to Coach Burt, but I was always frown upon the COY going to a coach who's team was expected to win their district/region. I mean nobody was going to beat out Riverdale, although Cookeville game them a run for their money. Not to discredit Jennifer, but Oakland went downhill late in the season and really, their good start was aided by a soft schedule. To me, I was more impressed with Mindy Odom and Darren Brown, they both did tremendous jobs with their teams. I think we all expected Cookeville to be in the top 4 or so, but I dont think many people expected the Lady Cavs to go 12-2 and force Riverdale to win their district finale to assure themselves of an outright title, I think you can make an argument for Odom being the best coach in 7-AAA. Darren Brown deserves a heap of praise for what he did with Lebanon. Yeah they finished 5th, but they came oh so close in alot of those games, they could very well by 3rd or 4th instead of 5th, no team improved more than Lebanon

Oakland was aided by a soft schedule early on, but their breakdown late in the season was due to most of the team's inexperience and lack of determination. Every game each team played their toughest defense on TD, and left the majority of everyone else with many offensive opportunities. Throughout the season they never really developed or adjusted to any defensive situation that was thrown at them. I was amazed that TD was able to score every night like she was, because it was evident as the season dragged on that she was just dog tired. I know for a fact that she never really ran full speed for a majority of the game. Then they also let games go in the fourth quarter. I didn't think that Oakland was going to go far, but always hoped that they'd pull it out. Hopefully, the youth that they had this year will PRACTICE outside of what is required by the coach and develop their skills, because next year they will be needing it.

Well, my feeling that Darren Brown should have been coach of the year was just further cemented last night. Like soph said, Lebanon went to the ole triangle and 2, practically daring Oakland to beat them without TD, giving Oakland a ton of open looks, but the plan worked beautifully as Oakland couldnt buy a basket early on which was the main contributor to a 16-4 deficit, and when you have to fight off a deficit like that in a elimination game where emotions are already running high, thats going to make it a tough game to win.

Last night would have been the perfect chance for a situational substitution for a shooter, but I would imagine that would have comprimised our defense a little, but with as many shots we missed early on, it sure could have helped. You could just see a look of just not being denied by lebanon last night, those kids played their hearts out, and while I just feel horrible for our seniors, what a great story Lebanon is, finishing dead last the last 3 previous season and now they are in the regional tournament.

As for Oakland, much work must be made into making next season a success, I feel like Oakland has the pieces to be successful, but we must get consistent play from Sarah King, against girls her size she does just fine but against girls significantly taller than her, she struggles mightily, she must improve on this as well as some other things. With Randolph, Roper, King, Kinsey and others, I feel like should be pretty competitive next year. Of course another transfer like a Tabitha Almader couldnt hurt :thumb:

Just a note or two on Lebanon's season. The Devilettes have won 11 games this year as compared to a total of 10 wins the past three seasons combined. By my figures, of their 19 losses this season, nine have been by five points or fewer. Darian Brown has changed the entire mindset of that program. Well done!

Everyone admires professionalism and the ability to organize and develop a program. Your post factually explains why Coach Brown did the job and it hinges on the midset and how he did it. Some time it would be good for Coach Brown to put on paper the steps he took as from what I know, is textbook from where he started. It would be good for other schools to get ideas as to how someone who went thru the process did it. This IS a common problem that all schools have in common and needs to be corrected for the advancement of the school system and the students. Its more than just girls basketball but usually is just the edge of something that is happening school wide. It was heavy lifting and is not over. The results and grade will be evident sometime next year. Eddie i hope you are from LHS because we got very little reaction from lebanon. If you are I hope you express those thoughts in person to this coach and whoever was responsibility in how he got the job.

25000 views have been surpassed and the posters keep posting which means there is still interest. What is a little unnervving was the Crowds Thursday did not reflect the interest it should. 7AAA is a great district and while some schools have stopped playing as of Thursday, their fans need to keep posting and entering information and ideas. Everybody is still a member if the District until the end of the state and 7AAA completes its quest for a state title. We remember Joni Simpson a great senior at White, the tenacious team from Warren trying to make its way and TD and Kierra from the tradition rich Oakland amd while Blackman struggled, by the end of the year it was obvious the things that had been accomplished on that teaqm and Tukeea Hicks and her talent. Now Saturday, two games betweem 4 great teams are played to see how they will place in Region and everyone will be watching. they will be great games.

Just a note or two on Lebanon's season. The Devilettes have won 11 games this year as compared to a total of 10 wins the past three seasons combined. By my figures, of their 19 losses this season, nine have been by five points or fewer. Darian Brown has changed the entire mindset of that program. Well done!

Glad to see this pointed out. Coach of the Year honors belong to a person that does something special, something beyond expectations with a team. I applaud Coach Brown for what he did with this team. I think if you asked which team coaches feared more this year than last it would be Lebanon, that is the sign something good has happened, and from what I seen it is the mindset that has changed. It may be next season before COY honors for Brown, cause he will be expected to make the same type of improvement he did this season. If they had pulled out those close games, he may have gotten it this season.

PHargis, you are exactly right, there is a process to this type of change. It is called fresh ideas, attitude, hard work, and determination.

Congrats Lebanon on making it to the region.

Coach of the year in district 7AAA was the last of Brown's worries. He is very deserving, but he isn't hurting because he didn't get it. Ask him if you don't trust the Lebanon faithful-his number 1 objective from the onset was to take those young ladies and turn them into believers. Believers in themselves, believers in the program, and believers in their teammates. He had one mission, to let them know he would not be satisfied with mediocrity because he expected more from them. He believed in them from day 1, and though it took them a little while to buy into it, they did, and it showed last night. Anyone that has seen this team play over the past four years will tell you that their record doesn't say anything about their heart. They struggled all year to come up with the "big upset" losing by 3, 6, 9 or whatever. Last night was their night. As crazy as it looked in the bleachers they executed Coach Brown's game plan and it paid off. Not taking anything from Oakland because they are well-coached and play hard, but it has been a long time coming for these veteran Devilettes and you have earned your respect thoughout 7AAA and your spot among some of the best teams in the state. We are proud of you ladies!

Coach of the year in district 7AAA was the last of Brown's worries. He is very deserving, but he isn't hurting because he didn't get it. Ask him if you don't trust the Lebanon faithful-his number 1 objective from the onset was to take those young ladies and turn them into believers. Believers in themselves, believers in the program, and believers in their teammates. He had one mission, to let them know he would not be satisfied with mediocrity because he expected more from them. He believed in them from day 1, and though it took them a little while to buy into it, they did, and it showed last night. Anyone that has seen this team play over the past four years will tell you that their record doesn't say anything about their heart. They struggled all year to come up with the "big upset" losing by 3, 6, 9 or whatever. Last night was their night. As crazy as it looked in the bleachers they executed Coach Brown's game plan and it paid off. Not taking anything from Oakland because they are well-coached and play hard, but it has been a long time coming for these veteran Devilettes and you have earned your respect thoughout 7AAA and your spot among some of the best teams in the state. We are proud of you ladies!

and he did it with the talent that stayed at home