Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

I just read on Coacht scoreboard Seigal 34 Lebanon 9 at the half. What in the world has happen to lebanon ? Have they stolen our coach ????
He is still there and the last game sort of did lebanon in. A technical foul with a two game suspension and an injury to a key player. Don't you think they quit. They did not and they will be a region but still without those two players, Hawse and Brooks.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the web site?

wgns1450.com and when I click on it, it downloads but I can't hear anything. I just found out Riverdale was up 49-41 at the start of the fourth quarter

wgns1450.com and when I click on it, it downloads but I can't hear anything. I just found out Riverdale was up 49-41 at the start of the fourth quarter

never mind picking it up on cookeville's cable station on television, just the radio broadcast

I will take up for phargis he said the offciating was not good but he said that was the least of their problems that night he blamed his tema and his coaches for their lost not the officials i do agree that that poster getsa little long winded but who cares but he/she did not blame the offcials on the loss

RD, taking up for me right now is not in vogue. Brian is just a young high school student and can read schedules and make deductions but probably does not have enough money to attend the Lawerance County/siegel game at LC nor does it look has any intentions. Will look forward to see what his analyzations are. His previous posts asked fori information but need directions to schools in the boro. This poster thinks he travels in and out of this area. maybe a photographer.

I just want to say congrats to my LADY WARRIORS great job tonight battling all the way through I can see where some siegel fans were upset the other night over officials cookeville is VERY AGGRESIVE and they got a away with a lot of it tonight luckly we were good enough to overcome it the refs did a good job although the one with hair was kinda shakey but the other 2 were pretty good i may not have agreed with some of the blocking calls but i am also watching as a fan and not a ref LOL

Cookeville did a good job of guarding alex and refusing her an open look i think she had about 5 or 7 points and they were hard fought points i dont think she missed a shot LOL Anne Marie did a good job of feeding the ball down low expcially in the first half and she did a good job of driving the lane and creating something

I want to mention nikki she played well tonight making some plays we really need her and clark to continue to be a force and create other looks like they did tonight

GOOD JOB LADIES AND CONGRATS ON BEING DISTRICT SEASON AND TOURNAMENT CHAMPS now lets go WIN the region AND HOST THE SUBSTATE

I just want to say congrats to my LADY WARRIORS great job tonight battling all the way through I can see where some siegel fans were upset the other night over officials cookeville is VERY AGGRESIVE and they got a away with a lot of it tonight luckly we were good enough to overcome it the refs did a good job although the one with hair was kinda shakey but the other 2 were pretty good i may not have agreed with some of the blocking calls but i am also watching as a fan and not a ref LOL

Cookeville did a good job of guarding alex and refusing her an open look i think she had about 5 or 7 points and they were hard fought points i dont think she missed a shot LOL Anne Marie did a good job of feeding the ball down low expcially in the first half and she did a good job of driving the lane and creating something

I want to mention nikki she played well tonight making some plays we really need her and clark to continue to be a force and create other looks like they did tonight

GOOD JOB LADIES AND CONGRATS ON BEING DISTRICT SEASON AND TOURNAMENT CHAMPS now lets go WIN the region AND HOST THE SUBSTATE

Here we go again with people complaing about referees. How pathetic. I highly doubt Cookeville is any more aggressive then any other team in the tournament. As a matter of fact, I know they are not. Every team is aggressive. Including Riverdale. Can't you just enjoy the win without slamming the other team or the officials? STOP making games about officials and talk about the players!

Enjoy the win, but stop crying about officiating. You made it sound like Riverdale had to overcome astomical odds to win that game. It shows a total lack of class and makes you a poor winner.

Congrats to Riverdale and congrats to Cookeville as well in the tournament. Both teams played hard all throughout.

What a pathetic post the Riverdale fan.

Edited by gordo22448

It appears that the following is in order.

To: the 7AAA District Tournament Officials...

Thank you, we could not have done it without you.

Nevermind that Cookeville's leading scorer was on the bench in foul trouble for ALL but 3 minutes of the first half against Siegel and most of the second quarter against Riverdale.

And to Riverdale's fans, players, coaches, etc., we apologize for not showing you the respect you obviously deserve by rolling over and letting you run us out of the gym.

NOTE TO THIN SKINNED READER: THE ABOVE IS MADE IN JEST. :)

Seriously though, I think that Cookeville's foul shooting was the big story in the victory over Siegel. Agree or disagree with the fouls, they still had to hit the free throws. I think they were 22 of 25. In the Riverdale game, I believe that Clark Davis was the unknown element and she stepped up big. She has come a very long way in two years.

It is apparent that the consensus outside this district and to some within it, that Riverdale is head and shoulders above the other 7. While that very well may be true, forgive us when we all show up Friday and play.

I will go out on a limb and say that Saturday morning there will be 3 teams from 7AAA still playing.

So, the smoke has cleared and the Tournament at 7AAA is over and there is really only one surprise for the regular season and that is Lebanon. Riverdale is good and is deeper than many posters thought but will have to play better than they did in this Tournament. Cookeville proved they belong in the second place with decisive wins although against ineffective performances. They also proved thaat their bench in deeper and even this poster thought and this poster always thought it was deep. The difference really in Cookville at the end of the season was the play of Nikki James, the senior who seemed to wait to close to the end of the season, despite injuries, to finish in a flourish. siegel is still looking for the holy grail of playing up to their capabilities and still have to find the effort. Time is running out. Lebanon ,after running into a series of injuries, has found a number of players that will be able to play at a level if they work this summer that will compete with the top teams next year. The region is now in front of this district. This thread can continue as 7AAA or be started as something else reflecting the region. From the beginning, this has been a blast. The pres, riverdaleman, True, blueblood, 14, many posters from Oakland, only a few posters from Blackman, 85 and Dumptrucker plus Many others that have jumped in and out providing information that a lot of times was only provided here. AS with true, it would be good to see 7AAA teams finish strong and this will be a great Region 4 tournament. Best of luck to all of the teams. many have already started thinking about next season and this one, for some, is not even finished.

RD, taking up for me right now is not in vogue. Brian is just a young high school student and can read schedules and make deductions but probably does not have enough money to attend the Lawerance County/siegel game at LC nor does it look has any intentions. Will look forward to see what his analyzations are. His previous posts asked fori information but need directions to schools in the boro. This poster thinks he travels in and out of this area. maybe a photographer.

A young High School photographer? :)

So, the smoke has cleared and the Tournament at 7AAA is over and there is really only one surprise for the regular season and that is Lebanon. Riverdale is good and is deeper than many posters thought but will have to play better than they did in this Tournament. Cookeville proved they belong in the second place with decisive wins although against ineffective performances. They also proved thaat their bench in deeper and even this poster thought and this poster always thought it was deep. The difference really in Cookville at the end of the season was the play of Nikki James, the senior who seemed to wait to close to the end of the season, despite injuries, to finish in a flourish. siegel is still looking for the holy grail of playing up to their capabilities and still have to find the effort. Time is running out. Lebanon ,after running into a series of injuries, has found a number of players that will be able to play at a level if they work this summer that will compete with the top teams next year. The region is now in front of this district. This thread can continue as 7AAA or be started as something else reflecting the region. From the beginning, this has been a blast. The pres, riverdaleman, True, blueblood, 14, many posters from Oakland, only a few posters from Blackman, 85 and Dumptrucker plus Many others that have jumped in and out providing information that a lot of times was only provided here. AS with true, it would be good to see 7AAA teams finish strong and this will be a great Region 4 tournament. Best of luck to all of the teams. many have already started thinking about next season and this one, for some, is not even finished.

Are you going to start singing Auld Lang Syne next?

No surprises last night................Good luck to all District 7AAA teams that made it to the Region

tournament.

I agree Trueline. Neither Siegel nor Cookeville should talk about playing a great game against one another. Siegel hit 9 field goals for the night and Cookeville hit 12. A dismal performance by anyones measurement. I was glad to see Siegel bounce back and thought Cookeville did a great job hanging with Riverdale. Riverdale led for virtually the entire game and made some runs that I thought would put the game away, but Cookeville kept storming back. A great game to end the 7AAA season.

I thought Bianca Burnette was awesome and kept Cookeville in the game.