Gallatin (7-0, 4-0) Vs. Hunters Lane (4-3, 3-1)

Gtowner

This, my friends, has been one the most heated matchups in the past couple of years. However, normally it does not have as big of playoff implications as it will this go round. Gallatin currently sets atop Regoin 5 with a 4-0 record, while HL is a close second at 3-1. 4-3 is not necessarily a good indicator of how good this Warrior team can be on a night when they are playing their best. They are fast at skill positions and have a pretty heafty line on both sides of the ball. On the other hand, Gallatin will be the toughest D that HL sees all season. Oh yeah, they have that Harper guy who can rip off a 88 yard TD run given a small hole.

Hopefully home coming won't be too distracting for the Wave, and they can ill afford to turn the ball over like they did in the first 3 quarters of the Overton game last week. This should be a pretty good game to watch. Let me hear what you think, and maybe some score predictions as well.

My Prediction: Gallatin 35 Hunters Lane 14

Edited by Gtowner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, my friends, has been one the most heated matchups in the past couple of years. However, normally it does not have as big of playoff implications as it will this go round. Gallatin currently sets atop Regoin 5 with a 4-0 record, while HL is a close second at 3-1. 4-3 is not necessarily a good indicator of how good this Warrior team can be on a night when they are playing their best. They are fast at skill positions and have a pretty heafty line on both sides of the ball. On the other hand, Gallatin will be the toughest D that HL sees all season. Oh yeah, they have that Harper guy who can rip off a 88 yard TD run given a small hole.

Hopefully home coming won't be too distracting for the Wave, and they can ill afford to turn the ball over like they did in the first 3 quarters of the Overton game last week. This should be a pretty good game to watch. Let me hear what you think, and maybe some score predictions as well.

My Prediction: Gallatin 35 Hunters Lane 14

I think you summed it up pretty well--turnovers. If they repeat last weeks mistakes (FUMBLES) then HL will get pumped up. And we all remember what they are capable of if they get jusst a little momentum. The games are getting tougher every week and the Green Wave keeps answering the bell. This is the time of the year where you see who really has it, and who wishes they did.

Hunters Lane won't run anything Gallatin hasn't already seen (sweeps, pitch outs, speed sweeps, slip screens), but that doesn't mean they can't do some damage.

GHS needs a good week of practice and a big crowd on FRIDAY THE 13TH(ooooo)!

How many times in the past 10 years has Gallatin been undefeated before going into the playoffs?

2002 they went 11-0 before falling to Franklin 21-14 in the second round.

Prior to that they have not gone 10-0 since 1992 when Gallatin won its last state title (the last year we just had 3 classes A,AA,AAA).

HL, Hendersonville, and McGavock will all give GHS their best shot. They're not 10-0 yet.

That's how I look at Just1np, Gallatin hasn't gotten to 10-0 they are only 7-0. To think that 10-0 is easy is setting yourself up for failure. The one thing that worries me is that everytime over the last 3 years when Gallatin thinks they have a team easily it has turned into a slaughter of Gallatin. (see 03 HL, 04 McG, and 05 Overton) I hope that the past has been learned from and the focus will be intense. One thing that happened in the 3rd quarter against Overton was the physical play of Overton that turned the intensity of the game up for the 2nd half. Both teams were laying the licks.

This matchup is very interesting. Hunters Lane is very fast and their O-line is very impressive. They use their speed very well when they have the ball. On defense they are solid with some great talent. Gallatin is one of the best teams in the state. They are very well coached. I have not seen an O-line that stays on their blocks as long as they do in a long time and they are very talented at skilled positions. They also have very good depth with some crazy number of players (like 40 something seniors). Their defense is tough too, but I don't know if they have seen speed like Hunters Lane will bring.

All this being said, I think this game will be close for a while and then Gallatin will pull away late. Don't be surprised if it stays close if Hunters Lane can control the ball. Overall I think Gallatin is too good and too deep. However, I think Hunters Lane will put up more points then Gallatin fans have come used to seeing for the opposition.