Unaka Vs. Cloudland

acdcfan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting all week to post on this one. With Cloudland this season they have shown us lander fans the Good, the Bad , and the Ugly. The Good was at West Green and the great defense against the South Carolina team. The bad was the other losses this year. Maby we were young but by now it should look a little bit better. Now for the Ugly, last Friday against Jellico. Why does a head coach go for it on 4th and 8, on their own 40 something with a six point lead. Same thing last year in the 2nd round at Coalfield. That was just plan stupid, someone is going to say that we can't kick well that is true, Grindstaff was willing to attend kicking camp last summer but he didn't know if he was going to kick all the time so he didn't try to round up the money to go. If and I mean if Cloudland comes up and plays their A game and coach Keith calls more then five plays maby just maby Cloudland can pull it out. The defense looked good against Prience Avenue just use common sense and football know how and call more then five plays and go for it and take a chance we can pull it out a win. The Junior High looked very good on Tuesday, they ran an offense like the what we have seen in the years past, but they also took chances and passed the ball with 3 and 4 recivers and looked very good. Lets get behind the Highlanders and cheer for them Friday night and hope that some how the offense will come out of it and beat Unaka remember it has been 24 years and we don't won't that end anytime soon.

Very good post. I also don't understand the logic of running a 120 lb. tailback between the tackles when you have two bigger and stronger guys that should be getting all of them carries. Sluder is tough and has good speed, but coach Keith is going to get him hurt bad. Next year, we will introduce Casey Pritchard and Matt Cole to the high school team. Two guys that will be impossible to tackle before the end of their careers. Mark it down, we have toughness coming up that won't be matched, and the coaching situation will be straightened out. Toughness and discipline will find their way back into the Cloudland program. I really like our pee wee coach. He doesn't put up with wimps. Many good things for years to come. :thumb:

Sorry to burst your bubble but 25 years is not in the cards. The streak is soon to be over. Unaka will score early and often. Cloudland will not. You had no offense against Cosby. And losing to Jellico, dang!

The way Unaka hits and the cold weather that we'll have on Friday, it's going to be a long night for the Highlanders.

Crazyness, rangerbook, I'd wait til after the game to celebrate. Remember when you sat beside of me at that basketball game a couple of years ago? More amazing things have happened. :o And Pujo, Cloudland will turn it around. We've got too many people that want to see it go the other way. Its going to happen.

KING, sorry to kill your aspiration of being a detective one day, but unlike you, I don't have an alter ego. I say enough stuff to tick people off (even Unaka people) on the name I got..... So I'll go ahead and say if Unaka shows up and plays hard ALL 4 quarters, they'll win by 2TD's easy :o

Edited by Rangerbook06

Your saying at one time Unaka was scared . Because you said they are not scared anymore that means that sometimee or another they were scared . Thats not to much of a football team is it . And oh yeah us rolling over you guys maybe not this year , Ill also go ahead and broadcast this Cloudland football will be back. You guys know what Im talking about when I say CLOUDLAND FOOTBALL. You should never be scared to play anyone if so then you shouldnt be on the feild . That goes for LANDER FOOTBALL also. We may not dominate like we have in the past but we will be respected Ill guarentee you that. See ya Friday . Lander fans we have to get on our feet , Last weeks game was pitifull fans . You could hear a pin drop if Jellico fans would have stayed home at Orr feild. LETS GET UP LANDER FANS . Fan tunnel , go in the dressing and fire them up , anything more than weve been doing . Rangers will bring a crowd and they will be loud.

Unaka has never been scared of Cloudland. It is ashamed that fans and parents have to act like this. Some of these kids are best friends off the gridiron. If the crap continues it will hurt all involved. Unaka and Cloudland both have a lot of upcoming talent. Cloudland has Logan Morgan, John Curtis Webb and several others that i know their face and thier all freshman as well as Unaka has Drew Chambers, Brent Perry and Andrew "nitro" Estep and they are all freshman and have at least 4 yrs experience on the field. So lets all just go into this game with the option that there has to be a winner and a loser and no one is scared of the other. Im my opinion both school have a good three more years of Carter County Football, does in matter as long as one of us beat Hampton anyway.

Rangerparents I will bust your bubble first, when I was in school I can't remember Unaka and Cloudland getting along. I have seen fights at Happy Valley in the passing league and on the field in the regular season. So I just can't see players from both sides holding hands and singing Christmas chroles around the fire in December. You could be right they all could be best friends, but lets get real if that was the case why would this game be so big year after year. I am shure you have been to some basketball games and you know what happens when the two get togeather. Now for the funny part of your post, Unaka coudn't beat Hampton so what are you saying if you can't then you won't someone else beat them. As bad as this hurts me to say no one is going to beat Hampton in region 1 this year. I would love for Cloudland to be the upset kings but last Friday night was a gut check for all the Cloudland backers that it is time for change. I just hope that at home and senior night the boys will be ready. Unaka can't forget a few years back when they were going to come to Roan Mtn and win the conference championship and had to go back to Stoney Creek with their tails tucked behind them.

Rangerparents I will bust your bubble first, when I was in school I can't remember Unaka and Cloudland getting along. I have seen fights at Happy Valley in the passing league and on the field in the regular season. So I just can't see players from both sides holding hands and singing Christmas chroles around the fire in December. You could be right they all could be best friends, but lets get real if that was the case why would this game be so big year after year. I am shure you have been to some basketball games and you know what happens when the two get togeather. Now for the funny part of your post, Unaka coudn't beat Hampton so what are you saying if you can't then you won't someone else beat them. As bad as this hurts me to say no one is going to beat Hampton in region 1 this year. I would love for Cloudland to be the upset kings but last Friday night was a gut check for all the Cloudland backers that it is time for change. I just hope that at home and senior night the boys will be ready. Unaka can't forget a few years back when they were going to come to Roan Mtn and win the conference championship and had to go back to Stoney Creek with their tails tucked behind them.

You'll see two good fights on Friday night. First I want to start out with the "King" and work my way down to Jo Jo Sluder. I still owe him for running me through a fence on the sideline many moons ago. Ha Ha Ha

Shucks, I love the kids at both these schools. Best of luck to all. Just have the coffee hot and ready. I look forward seeing the good folks in Roan Mtn.

I couldn't resist the opportunity to rib my old friend. It's a slow night at the Star.

Edited by starman