JCM @ Henry County

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is not for the region title like we all thought it would be, but it is still a REAL big one!!! It means EVERYTHING and the folks in Henryland better get ready for a PHYSICAL beating!!!!!!! The Cougars are BACK!!!! We are on a one game win streak and the Patriots have forgotten how to win!!!!! The YANKER is excited!!!! The YANKER and father will be at Henryland Friday night to see JCM PHYSICALLY dismantle what is left of the Henryland team!!!!! Jackson folks are too tough for most people...and that includes Henryland!!! Sorry to hear about your QB but you better make it five quarters in a row that he misses against JCM!!! SS hits NOTHING like we do ...we are BACK!!!!! This is the game the YANKER has been waiting on for a year and it is finally here!!!! To all of my friends in Henryland...I REALLY pull for HC every week but one... and THIS IS IT!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

Don't down South Side. We took care of you,Didn't we?

the truth is that this game means everything to HC. This year was suppose to be the "year". HC has the best talent on the field it has had in 10 years and the record stands at 4-4. I know they have played some good teams. It would have been tougher in Region 6-5A. HC would be scrapping for the final spot instead of 2nd. I don't know where the problems are at, but when teams with talent are always losing the close games unfortunatley in the end someone has to take the blame.

5-5, 3rd in 7-4A will be unexceptable in Henry County--and it should be-this has been a 5A program for years. They should expect to win in 4A

I agree. I do not want to be negative, because I'm Big Red thru and thru!!, but I was real upset that we lost to SS. I know they are good, but they are 3A. I kept hearing that this was the year. I was one of those that thought this also. I'm content now, I understand that we will go to the 2nd round and lose to Melrose. I thought that we would win this side of the bracket, not sure now. I hope McNairl is ok and that he plays, cause we nothin with out him. (I know redpride will get mad, but it is the truth and he knows it also)

I know that we are finnally at least talking about HC in playoff mode. This didn't happen a few years back. But that loss last Friday was not good.

Thank goodness we went down in regions and we don't have to play those teams from Nashville. I'd say we'd be 3-7 at best.

We can still do great things. We just have to put all these losses behind us and go forward. Come on let's do it!!! :thumb:

I agree. I do not want to be negative, because I'm Big Red thru and thru!!, but I was real upset that we lost to SS. I know they are good, but they are 3A. I kept hearing that this was the year. I was one of those that thought this also. I'm content now, I understand that we will go to the 2nd round and lose to Melrose. I thought that we would win this side of the bracket, not sure now. I hope McNairl is ok and that he plays, cause we nothin with out him. (I know redpride will get mad, but it is the truth and he knows it also)

I know that we are finnally at least talking about HC in playoff mode. This didn't happen a few years back. But that loss last Friday was not good.

Thank goodness we went down in regions and we don't have to play those teams from Nashville. I'd say we'd be 3-7 at best.

We can still do great things. We just have to put all these losses behind us and go forward. Come on let's do it!!! :thumb:

Before you wrote this you should have thought about all the other guys on that field busting their tails in the same games (some of them read these post). Calvin is going to be fine & he is a good player as well as a well mannered young man. But Calvin isn't the team, he's part of a team, and he will tell you that himself. If push comes to shove The Team will make it with or without Calvin on the field. It doesn't take one to win & it doesn't take one to lose a game, it takes team work. These guys do that very well.

Since you "are the Yanker" (and I don't know whether that applies to your origins or your hobby), tell us what your assessment of the JCM coaching staff is.

I explained this months ago and will not revisit this now except to say that the nickname comes from my father who is called "Yank" because he was born in the North. I look and act like him to some degree so I was called "Yanker" at home while growing up. My personal policy has been not to use this board to attack coaches. I think too many of us think we know their jobs because we watch football on TV. You may choose to attack them on here and that is anyone's right...the YANKER just chooses not to. With that said, I think JCM is terribly understaffed in the football department. We simply do not have enough coaches and it appears that there is no interest or commitment to help the current staff resolve this problem. I do not agree with a lot of things the staff does on Friday nights but I keep my mouth shut. I learned that from my father. Can you imagine the YANKER keeping his mouth shut??? In that instance, I do. It is like any of you out there criticizing how I do my job when none of you have a clue how to do it. I do not know if I answered your question totally, but that is all that the YANKER is comfortable saying.

I will definetley agree with one thing you've said: street fighting has little to do with football!

Bottom line: JCM seems to have lost their pride and swagger. From what I hear, execution is just non-existant on both sides of the ball. Those in power at JCM would do well to head down to Orange Mound one night and observe the model of community, pride, and expectations that Melrose has set. I think the same type things Melrose does would work very well at JCM. On anoher note, between JCM, USJ, Miami, and the Titans....this hasn't been my best football season as a fan. :lol:

JCM has lost a little of their swagger but still retain their pride. That swagger could return with a victory at HC Friday night. One thing for certain...JCM still has the YANKER!!!!

You are right there! SS hits nothing like JCM does........much better! That's why they won!!!!

SS is good but they did not beat JCM because they outhit us. If you believe that then you either know NOTHING about football or you did not attend the game!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!

Yanker please don't tell me you went to see the Gridiron Gang this weekend for your inspiration.

I am waiting for you to break out with "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

You can define your JCM athletes as tough, that's OK. Pats can just be defined as being skilled and talented. That OK with you?

The YANKER has not seen the movie "Oh Winged One"...do you recommend it?? That saying is one that I have heard from my father for years. I may take him to see the movie if you think we would like it. Let me know.

I can live with that...we are TOUGH and HC is talented..in fact , I like that!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!

Before you wrote this you should have thought about all the other guys on that field busting their tails in the same games (some of them read these post). Calvin is going to be fine & he is a good player as well as a well mannered young man. But Calvin isn't the team, he's part of a team, and he will tell you that himself. If push comes to shove The Team will make it with or without Calvin on the field. It doesn't take one to win & it doesn't take one to lose a game, it takes team work. These guys do that very well.

The YANKER will have to admit that I actually agree with one of your posts...FINALLY!! Since the despised YANKER agrees with you, you may want to rethink what you said!!!

We can still do great things. We just have to put all these losses behind us and go forward. Come on let's do it!!! :lol:

I saw the game Friday night and we lost the game but if you did not see some great things that might lead you to believe that we can beat Melrose then you just were not looking. Up 30-14 in the 4th to a very good team, We simply did not make the plays that we made in the first 3 quarters, it is the same game and because we made the plays in the first 3 quarters we can do it for 4, we just did not, Momentum is a tricky thing and SS had the mo in the 4th quarter. Oh yee of little faith,

I agree that we are a different team without #1 but I agree with #77 mom, it is a team out there and #1 surrounded by a bunch of nobodys would not have the success he has had, #34 has taken some pressure off of #1, and both of these young men have benefitted by running behind a very good o-line.

Our Offense has been questioned and I say look at the way our offense performed against SS who is suppose to have a great defense, we scored more points ont hem than any 2 teams combined, No, I do not take, pride in that behind a loss, but it does show that all the negativity that I have read about play calling and the play book is of no substance. It looked to me like the same plays were run against SS that I have seen all year.

I agree. I do not want to be negative, because I'm Big Red thru and thru!!, but I was real upset that we lost to SS. I know they are good, but ......not sure now. I hope McNairl is ok and that he plays, cause we nothin with out him. (I know redpride will get mad, but it is the truth and he knows it also)

We can still do great things. We just have to put all these losses behind us and go forward. Come on let's do it!!! :lol:

I really like both of these posts, except for the part about "we are nothing without McNairl." There is no doubt that Calvin is a leader and has super talent as an athelete, along with all of the gracious things #77 mom has said about him. But we are a team. Just because we didn't get it done the other night doesn't mean we can't win without him. His injury against SS came at an inopportune time and delivered a mental blow to the team. It stunk the momentum right out of us. So it is inaccurate to say that we can't win or do anything without him. We have a very talented line, backfield, receivers and backup QB. Not to mention the D!

No matter what, we will pull together as a team because that is what these coaches do best for the kids. And in order to beat JCM, it will take a team effort. This team is ready to get back on track with a HUGE win over JCM. This is the week guys, let's get it done!!!

Edited by Drewcephus