Munford @ Hardin County ... What do you think?

SportzNut

I think this nmay be the game of the week in West Tennessee. Munford is undefeated in region play and Hardin County with something to prove.......Ask Lexington about Hardin County, they are far better than there record shows.......defintely should be at least 6-1 instead of 4-3.

Edited by SportzNut

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game. Though I will be pulling for Hardin County, I think Munford has the edge. HC has a couple of outstanding receivers that will hurt you. The key will be to pressure the QB so he can't throw to them. If this happens, Munford wins by 3 scores. If not, it will be a close tossup and decided by less than a touchdown.

Concerned. Alot on the line Friday night and I hear those two receivers for Hardin are game winners, also factor in a long bus ride, could be a problem. The payoff is win it and win region7 and Brighton doesn't matter. Remember the payoff is in the playoffs, our guys need to get it over with and secure #1 and play region 8 #4. That also makes Henry Co. and Melrose beat each other up in the second round. A lot to play for!!!!

I would like to congratulate my alma mater on a region championship. Yesterday on espn radio I heard Bill Curry and Joe Montana both talk in depth about preparation. I would like to commend the Munford coaches on having the Cougars prepared, not just week to week but from day 1. I have seen your offseason program in action, many people think you guys do a great job of getting your kids prepared week to week, but the job you have done with attitude and mental toughness of the Cougars is where you have fought and won your battle!

It's been along time. I just want to thank the coaching staff and the players for the hard work they have put in to this season. I've attended some of their practices, been to all the games and no one works harder. They deserve all the credit and success thats due to them. I've written about the change in 50 attitudes several times before we just hoped to win now we expect to win and for those that don't know that's a big difference. Thank you Munford Cougars for a great year good luck in the playoffs.

How does everyone see the playoff picture turning out? I think

1. Munford-Raliegh Egypt

2. Henry County-Mem. East

3. Brighton-Fairley

4. Hardin-Melrose

what do you think?

It's been along time. I just want to thank the coaching staff and the players for the hard work they have put in to this season. I've attended some of their practices, been to all the games and no one works harder. They deserve all the credit and success thats due to them. I've written about the change in 50 attitudes several times before we just hoped to win now we expect to win and for those that don't know that's a big difference. Thank you Munford Cougars for a great year good luck in the playoffs.

How does everyone see the playoff picture turning out? I think

1. Munford-Raliegh Egypt

2. Henry County-Mem. East

3. Brighton-Fairley

4. Hardin-Melrose

what do you think?

Being a NS fan, I hope the playoffs don't turn out this way. But using my head instead of my heart, I would say that the odds are in favor of this being the region 7 list anyway. I have heard on this forum that the Memphis region is down, but since our game with Mphs. East I can tell you that if they do finish 3rd, then we had better be ready for some competition come playoff time. And the rules do change down there. We had a great catch in that game and the refs called it incomplete because we didn't have two feet in bounds - it took us off the the 1 yd. line and took away a 1st and goal. The truth is that we did have 2 feet in anyway -so watch out when playing in Mphs. East still has big linemen and fast receivers and backs, plus a quarterback that can throw 50+ yds. easily.

I do think that this year region 7 has been very competitive from top to bottom. Yes, Munford has been a big surprise, but Coach Massey said they could win the region after scouting them on week 0 - he knew they were that good. Even though my Indians haven't had the season I hoped for, they are still much improved and are competitive every game. JCM has disappointed many, but have the talent to win at any time. So watch out - the season is not over and anything can still happen. GO INDIANS !!!!!!!

As I've said on another thread I'm glad we played Northside early because as the season progressed they did what good teams do they got better each week. What happened at Brighton we have them after our off week?

Basically, our defense didn't play well the second half. I will give their coaches credit, they made adjustments during halftime that stopped our running game and our defense had trouble with their misdirection offense. We were ahead and just broke down. Hopefully we can get back to winning. We have Liberty this week before getting Henry Co. our last game.

Congrats to Munford. You represent your school well.