How Does DeKalb Change?

all4football

No question DeKalb is much improved over last year tho they are not competing in their region at all. The question is, what has to change?

There is a new coach and everyone is saying give him time, let his methods work. I am a little torn about what is right here. At the game the friday I over heard some fan conversations and this is a point that i over heard. "coach knows about football with kids, but the problem is he knows how to coach little kids not teens, they are a different species from children". I tend to agree with that. His ideas are good but he has yet to gain the respect of his team. So waht is a team to do. They are full of disappointment and heartache. I also hear that this years Juniors will be returning in a much smaller quantity next year if he remains So tell me all you football fans and coaches, where do they go, which way do they turn?

:thumb:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeKalb Co. has a shot to be a very solid team next year. Great senior classes will be departing from Sycamore, Macon Co., and Greenbrier I know. Pearl Cohn and White House are fairly young football teams but DeKalb's improvement in the off-season weight program could easily have them in contention to make the playoffs next year. They are leaps and bounds better than they were last year.

Give Coach Trapp a chance :thumb:

I agree with Big Country. What I have seen of the kids on the field on Friday nights is They have Improved. They are stronger and in better shape. The question is there Heart??? Where is it? When will they decide to play a full game. The coaches don't make the Blocks, and the coaches don't make the Tackles. So When will the experts in the Stands start making the Blocks and the Tackles? No they want even be making those either........ It has to be up to the kids to show up and show some Heart and put what they have been taught on the Field, Under the Lights on Friday night. Can they Win???? Oh Yes!!! Will they Win?? depends on there Heart!!!!

I have sit in the stands and listened to these so called experts flap there Jowls on every part of the game. I can only imagine what there players hear at home when they are tearing down all that could be built up at practice. I am sure that all these so called experts have Coached Kids, and Teens. So they know the difference between the two. No I am sure none of these experts have any idea how to coach a team trying to rebuild from Years and Years of poor play.

I have watched these players be put in the position to make a tackle and they miss. And I have watched these players make the tackle when they have the chance. But who is to blame???? The players only need to go as far as the mirror to see where the fault lies......

When will this Football program Change??? :ph34r:

When the players start making the plays and the experts in the stands watch and cheer them on without throughing the whole program under the bus....

It all starts with all4football, and backnblack, and InterestedObserver and the others that have all the answers, But Have No Clue What the Question Is!!! :thumb:

DeKalb Co. has a shot to be a very solid team next year. Great senior classes will be departing from Sycamore, Macon Co., and Greenbrier I know. Pearl Cohn and White House are fairly young football teams but DeKalb's improvement in the off-season weight program could easily have them in contention to make the playoffs next year. They are leaps and bounds better than they were last year.

Give Coach Trapp a chance :thumb:

Coach is doing a good job. DC is much better than last yr. It will take time to rebuild the program.

It all starts with all4football, and backnblack, and InterestedObserver and the others that have all the answers, But Have No Clue What the Question Is!!!

FORGOT a few didn't you?

Pretty much included the worst offenders........

As with all fans of DeKalb, I wanted the team to make a 180 degree turn around. But I do know it want happen that fast. The players have to beleive in the program. And it makes it difficult to beleive in the program let alone in them selfveles. When the so called experts in the stands are questioning every call or what should or shouldn't be done on the field.

I have also heard these so called experts tell the players some of which are there own kids, You played great "If it wasn't for poor Coaching you could Win". Now that is the way to build up a program!!!!!

It all comes down to the Play on the Field (both practice and game). Who wants to make plays and who wants to make excuses as to why it didn't happen.

"Heart" Who has it?? and Who wants it the most??

Did I forget a few????? Yes!! But I mentioned the worst offenders!!!

The ones intent on ripping the Program from with in!!! These are like a cancer running unchecked.... It is far over due to get the knife out and put them in there place. :lol:

Time to take out the "Trash" :thumb:

As with all fans of DeKalb, I wanted the team to make a 180 degree turn around. But I do know it want happen that fast. The players have to beleive in the program. And it makes it difficult to beleive in the program let alone in them selfveles. When the so called experts in the stands are questioning every call or what should or shouldn't be done on the field.

I have also heard these so called experts tell the players some of which are there own kids, You played great "If it wasn't for poor Coaching you could Win". Now that is the way to build up a program!!!!!

It all comes down to the Play on the Field (both practice and game). Who wants to make plays and who wants to make excuses as to why it didn't happen.

The ones intent on ripping the Program from with in!!! These are like a cancer running unchecked.... It is far over due to get the knife out and put them in there place. :lol:

Time to take out the "Trash" :thumb:

A KNIFE, GET OUT A KNIFE? GET SOME GUTS, SIGN YOUR NAME.

KATRINA

Edited by rutawkin2me

So dchstigers, are you blaming the team entirely and not blaming the coach at all? These are from the great Bear Bryant...

"But it's still a coach's game. Make no mistake. You start at the top. If you don't have a good one at the top, you don't have a cut dog's chance. If you do, the rest falls into place. You have to have good assistants, and a lot of things, but first you have to have the chairman of the board."

The ones intent on ripping the Program from with in!!! These are like a cancer running unchecked.... It is far over due to get the knife out and put them in there place. :thumb:

Time to take out the "Trash" :rolleyes: