Who is the best coach ever in TN?

Bassfishing_205

Let me be the first one to reply to this one............Carlton Flatt is only a good coach when he has superior athletes brought in from all over TN and even some from other states. Most of his titles were at the AA level in a 3 class system. He was playing the likes of Marion Co., Marshall Co. etc. He "developed" his program to the level that all kind of "recruits" were brought in. He won at the highest level which subsequently split up the entire state. He was a wonderful coach that made a huge mess. His trivial lawsuit against the TSSAA now costs the schools lots of gate monies that they really need. After he retired and Coach Moore took over and did a great job. Flatt's ego wasn't been stroked enough in retirement so he and the coward AD of Brentwood Academy took the job away from Moore and gave it back to Flatt. If my memory serves me correctly he hasn't won a state title since. Good for him. We're all so proud!

Hey lefty, even when Flatt was winning in AA, he still beat the best of the best in any class, in any state. Flatt has never retired, he stepped aside for 2 years to battle in court. He could not give coaching his all while he was battling the T$$AA, so he stepped aside. It is unfortunate what happened with Tom Moore, Coach Flatt is not the kind of man that sets out to hurt anyone. The Battle was over with the T$$AA, BA won, and Flatt was like the fighter, or player, he could not give up something that he loved sooo much. Sorry Tom Moore. BA does not have to recruit, esp. kids from out of state. A family moving to the Nashville area looks for the best schools and like it or not, BA falls into that cat. I knew my post would bring out some haters, it did not take you long. Let me guess, Flatt came to your house and offered you or your son a scholarship, yea, I've heard that before. By the way, that coward AD was Flatt, like I said, he never retired, he only took a break to concentrate his efforts on the court case. Another great victory for The old ball coach. Oh, thanks for the complement about the "best athletes", It makes me feel great and like a champion. Wait, I am, twice. Let's get it on, lol

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you show disrespect to these fine coaches and men when you call them only by their last names (Tucker, Flatt, Smith, Etter, etc.). To me they will always be Coach Tucker, Coach Flatt, Coach Smith and Coach Etter.

On the topic of respect, let it be known that Coach Tucker attended the Brentwood Academy game on the night that Coach Flatt passed him on the all time win list.

Hey lefty, even when Flatt was winning in AA, he still beat the best of the best in any class, in any state. Flatt has never retired, he stepped aside for 2 years to battle in court. He could not give coaching his all while he was battling the T$$AA, so he stepped aside. It is unfortunate what happened with Tom Moore, Coach Flatt is not the kind of man that sets out to hurt anyone. The Battle was over with the T$$AA, BA won, and Flatt was like the fighter, or player, he could not give up something that he loved sooo much. Sorry Tom Moore. BA does not have to recruit, esp. kids from out of state. A family moving to the Nashville area looks for the best schools and like it or not, BA falls into that cat. I knew my post would bring out some haters, it did not take you long. Let me guess, Flatt came to your house and offered you or your son a scholarship, yea, I've heard that before. By the way, that coward AD was Flatt, like I said, he never retired, he only took a break to concentrate his efforts on the court case. Another great victory for The old ball coach. Oh, thanks for the complement about the "best athletes", It makes me feel great and like a champion. Wait, I am, twice. Let's get it on, lol

my bad, I guess the article in the Tennessean that said he retired was wrong. Whatever! I've talked to the man enough to know what kind of person he is and what he really cares about. He's a win at any cost kind of coach. With all of the ringers you had on your teams, you SHOULD have won those titles. He's a smart man that's played the TSSAA like a bunch of chumps. He got caught recruiting and sued the accusers. Do me a favor. Type in his name on Yahoo and look at all the legal rumblings he's caused. As much as you admire him, the majority of people despise him for what he's caused in our high schools. Congrats on your titles, I've got some myself.

What is his exact record? Wins-vs-losses and consequetive wins.? I am not sure he is the winningest sorry. He also is at a school where he can recruit players. Please provide some stats please.

No question that the before mentioned coaches have done great things at those respected programs. I grew up playing both Phil King and Boyce Smith football, so for Boyce to have a league named after him says something and I definately respect what he did as a coach. I am not surprised however, that no one has given the respect to the answer to this question, Carlton Flatt. In 34 years of coaching, he is the winningest coach in TN, averaging over 10 wins per season. He has been in roughly 20 finals, winning 9. He started the program from scratch in 1970 and he built it into a dynasty. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> and Flatt have won state titles in almost every classification. He will get his 10th title, that elusive D2AAA title, this year. No disrespect to Tucker, but he coached for over 50 years or something like that. Flatt is one of the winningest coaches nationally(percentage wise)in the history of high school football. So, it is wise to say that he is the best coach in Tn high school history. BRENTWOOD HAIL TO THEE

Let me be the first one to reply to this one............Carlton Flatt is only a good coach when he has superior athletes brought in from all over TN and even some from other states. Most of his titles were at the AA level in a 3 class system. He was playing the likes of Marion Co., Marshall Co. etc. He "developed" his program to the level that all kind of "recruits" were brought in. He won at the highest level which subsequently split up the entire state. He was a wonderful coach that made a huge mess. His trivial lawsuit against the TSSAA now costs the schools lots of gate monies that they really need. After he retired and Coach Moore took over and did a great job. Flatt's ego wasn't been stroked enough in retirement so he and the coward AD of Brentwood Academy took the job away from Moore and gave it back to Flatt. If my memory serves me correctly he hasn't won a state title since. Good for him. We're all so proud!

FYI...He never beat Marion County. If I remember correctly he left the runnerup trophy on the sideline in Nashville one cold December night after Marion beat them.