Hey Maryville

carl spackler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to take anything at all away from Maryville. Granted, the middle of the pack 5A schools (Bearden, Farragut, Oak Ridge this year) are about the same quality of good 4A schools (Central & Powell). The difference when you jump to the top tier of 5A schools is a bigger jump with teams like DB, Ooltewoh, and Riverdale. I'm not saying that these teams would beat Maryville, but I think it would be more competitive than the drumming ya'll put on Central, your closest competitor in regional competition.

I know you are not taking anything away from Maryville. I will agree DB, Riverdale and Oak Ridge most years. But putting a team like Ooltewoh up there is way out of order. Ooltewoh is not a top tier 5A team and this year they are only alittle better than teams like WB and Farragut. Maybe they will make it to the 3rd round this year but I doubt it. Not spreading disrespect but Ooltewoh, is really not near the upper crust of 5A yet. Down the road they might be.

I know you are not taking anything away from Maryville. I will agree DB, Riverdale and Oak Ridge most years. But putting a team like Ooltewoh up there is way out of order. Ooltewoh is not a top tier 5A team and this year they are only alittle better than teams like WB and Farragut. Maybe they will make it to the 3rd round this year but I doubt it. Not spreading disrespect but Ooltewoh, is really not near the upper crust of 5A yet. Down the road they might be.

I smell what you're cooking. I only lump Ooltewoh in there b/c Oak Ridge is down this year and Ooltewoh will win that region.

I smell what you're cooking. I only lump Ooltewoh in there b/c Oak Ridge is down this year and Ooltewoh will win that region.

So you are saying because other teams are bad, Ooltewah is good?

Congratz to the Owls this year but if you think they are going to make it to the big game, I would say they won't. Maybe 2-3 round tops. The teams they have played this year are not very good and have won a few vs. not so good teams where the score was very close.

I'll really go out there and risk it, but if the Owls get to the state game this year they can have my annual parking spot at the Borro. I tailgate there and the security guys are on a first name basis.

All high school play off runs end against Maryville...........and I'm not even a Maryville fan :lol:

FYI... Maryville is not a 5A school. For the time being the road to the championship doesn't go through Maryville in 5A. Yes, You can't win a state championship in 4A unless you beat Maryville.

Edited by where's the love?

Ooltewah beat 3 out of the top 5 teams last year in 5a and are 8-0 but they aren't one of the best 5a teams..... Pepvol why you always hating?

Not hating , I'm just continuously seeing Ooltewah lumped in with the " Elites " of 5A .... and I actually think you should have actually played in a state championship game sometime since 1970 to be given Elite status . You have a few Fans who continue to take digs at Maryville , I just find it hilarious that a fan of a team with ZERO state championship appearances would belittle Maryville's accomplishments . Teams that have actually won something ( Oak Ridge , DB ) treat Maryville with much more respect . I'll lay off the Owls , mostly I have just been joking with you all anyway , as long as I no longer see disrespect towards Maryville .

FYI... Maryville is not a 5A school. For the time being the road to the championship doesn't go through Maryville in 5A. Yes, You can't win a state championship in 4A unless you beat Maryville.

Ah, I assumed that since we were talking about a 4A school (Maryville) then I guessed everyone would assume I was talking about only 4A. Thus, I should not have used the superlative "all" in my sentence.

All 4A playoff runs end when they play Maryville........and I'm not even a Maryville fan :lol:

:thumb:

If you want to compare scores, Maryville beat Alcoa by a field goal and Fulton (3A) beat Alcoa by a touchdown. By your comparison, would you say that Fulton is better than Maryville? Fulton could/would beat most 4A and 5A schools, but I don't think they would beat Maryville or DB.

Fulton only beat Alcoa by three. :thumb: