Hey Maryville

carl spackler

Hint- BA & MBA gives money to toward hand picked players so they can field the kids they find worthy of attending their prep school. Not an even playing field and that is why the are in a different class. In football that is called recruiting and it is only opinion that any team is better than another.

I think on any given day one quality team can beat the other. The next day it could be a different outcome. Till the teams play several times no one knows for sure who is the best.

All time Maryville is 2-0 vs BA and has never played MBA.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville would beat ANY 5A team. I wouldn't want that if I were Riverdale.

I will give props to Maryville for the dominance they have had in 4A. They are a force to be reckoned with. They deserve all of the credit for which they have earned. They would contend and beat most 5A schools in the state, but I don't think that they would easily win those gold balls in 5A. I'd love to see them play Dobyns Bennett this year. It would be a heck of a game.

I will give props to Maryville for the dominance they have had in 4A. They are a force to be reckoned with. They deserve all of the credit for which they have earned. They would contend and beat most 5A schools in the state, but I don't think that they would easily win those gold balls in 5A. I'd love to see them play Dobyns Bennett this year. It would be a heck of a game.

Though it was a scrimmage it was played like a real game.....4 downs...refs..etc. Maryville won the first half 21 - 7. I think the 2nds and 3rds played the remainder of the game.

You need to go and watch this years Maryville team. They are loaded with offensive weapons.

Though it was a scrimmage it was played like a real game.....4 downs...refs..etc. Maryville won the first half 21 - 7. I think the 2nds and 3rds played the remainder of the game.

You need to go and watch this years Maryville team. They are loaded with offensive weapons.

I'm sure they are loaded, especially if it's true about what someone said about the potential D1 prospects. Scrimmages are like preseason games in the NFL. Coaches don't really try to win those games. They have things they are working on and getting players ready to go when it counts. With that said, Maryville is the standard in high school football in the state of Tennessee. What can you say about all of those championships.

In my years of watching high school football, I love watching DB. They too are loaded everywhere. Good offense- Great defense. What a heck of a game it would be! I bet it would draw a huge gate.

More comparative scores to consider. I know they don't always tell the whole story, but geesh ... get a clue guys ...

this year:

William Blount defeats Sevier County by 12 ... 24-12

Dobyns Bennett defeats Sevier County by 3 ... 16-13

Maryville defeats WB by 24 ... 34-10 (and by the way, Maryville played 2nd and 3rd string for at least half the third quarter and the entire fourth quarter.)

Farragut, a team that is in the mix for their region championship in 5A .... lost to Powell and Central. Maryville destroyed both Powell and Central ... not even close ballgames.

It's more than just worthless comparative scores ... it is the manner that Maryville completely dominates teams that play other 5A schools and either win or at least compete the whole game.

More comparative scores to consider. I know they don't always tell the whole story, but geesh ... get a clue guys ...

this year:

William Blount defeats Sevier County by 12 ... 24-12

Dobyns Bennett defeats Sevier County by 3 ... 16-13

Maryville defeats WB by 24 ... 34-10 (and by the way, Maryville played 2nd and 3rd string for at least half the third quarter and the entire fourth quarter.)

Farragut, a team that is in the mix for their region championship in 5A .... lost to Powell and Central. Maryville destroyed both Powell and Central ... not even close ballgames.

It's more than just worthless comparative scores ... it is the manner that Maryville completely dominates teams that play other 5A schools and either win or at least compete the whole game.

If you want to compare scores, Maryville beat Alcoa by a field goal and Fulton (3A) beat Alcoa by a touchdown. By your comparison, would you say that Fulton is better than Maryville? Fulton could/would beat most 4A and 5A schools, but I don't think they would beat Maryville or DB.

Edited by where's the love?