best coach ever at your school

getright

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Boyce Smith at Springfield High School, back in the day. He made the Ripley's Believe It or Not for 'Touchdown a Minute Team' were his 1930(i know it is old but if you think about it) team average a touchdown a minute in football play. He now has the high school field/stadium named after him he is the one of the winningest coach in Tennessee History to this day(288 victories from 1928-1972 (288-116-34 .696)( He is 4th behind Carlton Flatt(341 wins @ Brentwood Academy from 1971-2005, John Tucker 332 victories @ Parsons, Tiptonville, Lewis County, Dickson, Milan, Gibson County, Humboldt , and 324 E.B. "Red" Etter @ Chattanooga Central & Baylor School) That is pretty amazing in my books

The best ever at Collinwood High School was Bill Doty. He came to Collinwood in the early 80's and left when he Passed away in 1991. Anyone who ever knew him could tell you something they learned from him.

Whether it be about football, life, music, airplanes, girls, etc. He was a father figure to many, especially me. I would have never even thought about playing hs football if not for him.

I was 5' 4 115 pounds as a freshman and thought I was too small to play. He talked to me one day and told me about the analogy "Its not the size of the Man in the Fight, its the size of the Fight in the Man".

He saw something in me, and I trusted his words. As a freshman to a senior I was never afraid of anyone. I would take on any player. I was always the smallest player on the field but I tried to play like I was the biggest. I always gave my best 101% and I did it for him.

I learned many things from "Coarch Doty", but that stuck with me the most.

God Bless you Coach Doty. <_<

Edited by GreenMan