TN High @ Johnson County

But the thing is...we are THE Tennessee High Vikings,We... are what "real" is compared to...we will play to the fullest, we will leave nothing on the field and we will ...well you know....

Atta boy BWI. You all did just what you said you would. Good game on the D (especially that 4th quarter INT of yours to help stop their momentum and set up our door slammin TD) Good win for the Vikings! I'm proud of you guys. Keep it up!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINAL : Tennessee High 15 Johnson County 6

THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! #2 in the conference baby!

I watched the entire game and didnt stop cheering for the Vikings once (i was one of the few THS students there)! The Vikings were predicted to loose and stayed in the game until the end.

I think this win definitely goes to the defense!! So what, we made a few mistakes...This was a hard game for us (after 2 not so great weeks), but we stayed in it and won!

Way to go Vikes! Keep it up!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by athlete269

FINAL : Tennessee High 15 Johnson County 6

THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!! #2 in the conference baby!

I watched the entire game and didnt stop cheering for the Vikings once (i was one of the few THS students there)! The Vikings were predicted to loose and stayed in the game until the end.

I think this win definitely goes to the defense!! So what, we made a few mistakes...This was a hard game for us (after 2 not so great weeks), but we stayed in it and won!

Way to go Vikes! Keep it up!!!!!! :thumb:

Hold up...the Defense played well tonight as they do most every Friday. But don't be giving that win to the defense. The offense had to come in on a nasty playing surface, get used to the mud, and get what was needed done. Which they did. The O-Line looked to finally be stepping up. Cory Strickland ran real hard as did Howard. Also give props to Thomas, I saw him run through, over, and around people out there. Even though the passing game was absent to say the least, they still went out there and got the job done. Not sure how well you could throw in that mess anyway. I know JC qb didn't. Threw 4 picks...Should have been 6. Go Vikes!!!

Curious to know about the field conditions. Do they not have a practice field? I always have to work when we play there so am unaware. Did the field conditions dictate the offensive strategy?

Yea it was pretty sloppy in the middle of the field. They had some saw dust or something put down in spots looked like they tried there best to make it playable.

Stubbs did play the field postion game in the first half and we finally won that battle.

JC looks to be pretty good next year also ..only 9 seniors.

So Cap...any chance in Hades we could meet again in the Castle? Great motivation to win the first round!

I know the question was directed for Cap, so please forgive my two cents worth. I sure hope we're playing the Vikes come the 3rd round. Because if we are, that means they eliminated Mo. West. I have a feeling though, we'll be traveling to Hamblen Co. come the 3rd round. At any rate, good luck Vikes and we hope to see you again. :justwrestle:

Curious to know about the field conditions. Do they not have a practice field? I always have to work when we play there so am unaware. Did the field conditions dictate the offensive strategy?

The field was pretty bad but I think the Vikings just played it safe and did what they had to do to get the win. Not a very eventful game but it was obvious to me early off that the Vikings were holding the remote. and that dictated how much the playbook was opened. Strickland ran HARD all night long! JC had some beef up front not to mention 10 in the box on any given play and Strickland was still able to break free several times. Danny, Howard, and Fleenor made big gains when we needed because it didn’t come easy in this game. You got to give the O-line their share of the credit. You got to get excited about the future when you look back at the game they played. Defense did what they do best…SHUT UM DOWN!!!!! Stickley, Bible and company kept Atwood’s (#25) name out of the headlines for the first time this year. From the reaction of the JC fans they were obviously not use to seeing their stars wings clipped. In the secondary we just let down our guard for one play and they burnt Jeff deep a… BWI I feel a little silly but from an earlier post on here I just paid attention to who you are. To you I say GOOD GAME and you held it down last night!!! The INTs obviously…but the play that stands out in my head is when JC tried to go up top on you in the endzone and you where stride for stride with the receiver in perfect position! That’s what I’m talking about!!! What’s the record for most interceptions in a game? You would have been real close if you could have pulled in the two or so that got away…one of those was an easy 6. Good game to all the Vikings…but after next week we will need to turn the volume up a little bit more to make our presence known.

The field was pretty bad but I think the Vikings just played it safe and did what they had to do to get the win. Not a very eventful game but it was obvious to me early off that the Vikings were holding the remote. and that dictated how much the playbook was opened. Strickland ran HARD all night long! JC had some beef up front not to mention 10 in the box on any given play and Strickland was still able to break free several times. Danny, Howard, and Fleenor made big gains when we needed because it didn’t come easy in this game. You got to give the O-line their share of the credit. You got to get excited about the future when you look back at the game they played. Defense did what they do best…SHUT UM DOWN!!!!! Stickley, Bible and company kept Atwood’s (#25) name out of the headlines for the first time this year. From the reaction of the JC fans they were obviously not use to seeing their stars wings clipped. In the secondary we just let down our guard for one play and they burnt Jeff deep a… BWI I feel a little silly but from an earlier post on here I just paid attention to who you are. To you I say GOOD GAME and you held it down last night!!! The INTs obviously…but the play that stands out in my head is when JC tried to go up top on you in the endzone and you where stride for stride with the receiver in perfect position! That’s what I’m talking about!!! What’s the record for most interceptions in a game? You would have been real close if you could have pulled in the two or so that got away…one of those was an easy 6. Good game to all the Vikings…but after next week we will need to turn the volume up a little bit more to make our presence known.

I respectively say thanks cap...it means a lot...

I really enjoyed the game. It was hard fought and well played by both sides, as an old man who tries to pick a good game to watch each week, I enjoyed it. Conditions were nasty, but thats football. I have watched TN High play four times this year and that is the first time I have really seen them play as a team and play smart. TN Highs intensity reminded me of past great Viking teams. For the most part they were mistake free, and that is a big part of winning the big ones. The Vikings could be peaking at a good time, but they must stay poised and focused. They have to play one game at a time , and they can not become over confident (like they did against South). Vikings continue to get better each week and just maybe you will see South again. As a fan of the Mountain lakes that would be special. Johnson Co you must regain your focus, because Betsy will be inspired. You are a tough football team, and how you handle this loss will say alot about you. Good luck to both teams and I would love to see both of you still playing in the 2nd round of the TSSAA playoffs.

I really enjoyed the game. It was hard fought and well played by both sides, as an old man who tries to pick a good game to watch each week, I enjoyed it. Conditions were nasty, but thats football. I have watched TN High play four times this year and that is the first time I have really seen them play as a team and play smart. TN Highs intensity reminded me of past great Viking teams. For the most part they were mistake free, and that is a big part of winning the big ones. The Vikings could be peaking at a good time, but they must stay poised and focused. They have to play one game at a time , and they can not become over confident (like they did against South). Vikings continue to get better each week and just maybe you will see South again. As a fan of the Mountain lakes that would be special. Johnson Co you must regain your focus, because Betsy will be inspired. You are a tough football team, and how you handle this loss will say alot about you. Good luck to both teams and I would love to see both of you still playing in the 2nd round of the TSSAA playoffs.

Couldn't have said it better!!!! :thumb: