Covington Vs. Crockett County

CHARGERFAN

Covington should be concerned about the number of times that they are putting the ball on the ground. You can't give a good team like CC any extra opportunities. Being a Covington fan, I continue to worry about the Covington kicking game. It is no doubt that both teams had better be in their best form! Hope both teams come through this one healthy. It is going to be a killer playoff season regardless of who wins!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ever since 2001, when probably one of the best teams covington has ever put together, went to alamo and lost; there has been a respect, and somewhat of a dislike for crocket county. the guys from 01 feel as if they were the better team and lost. since then covingon has had a swagger about themselves that they just dont lose to crocket county anymore. on the other hand i havent seen crockett county look this good on either side of the ball ever. if covington can cure their fumblitis and put together a complete game of offense then this will be a knockdown powerhouse football game that will easily be one of if not the best game in the state, regardless of classification. im not making predictions, the only true advantage i see is that covington is at home, crockett's offense is a little better, while covington's defense is a little better... this is going to be a GREAT game and probable just the first of 2 later on in the playoffs, i just dont see dyersburg being able to handle either of these teams in the playoffs. this will make a great quarterfinal game later this year as well

Its gonna be a great game........ if any tema is gonna beat us id like for it to be covington....ive got respect for them.. itll be a fair hard hitting game........ the one thing that concerns me is haywood they want revenge BAD!!! I jus hope they play fair and theres not any ankle twisting or anything goin on at the bottom of the pile u know!!!!! :D

After comeing up on the short end of both of these games I think covingtons D is quick enough to stop Johnson right and Johnson left. But if it comes down to PAT's COVINGTON will be in trouble. Should be a great game COVINGTON-20 CROCKETT-14

I have a question, in order to stop Johnson right and Johnson left, you would have to have double coverage at a minimum, who is going to stop Perry up the middle? I have seen Perry carry six on this back and still gain yardage. ;)

I think covingtons D is quick enough to stop Johnson right and Johnson left.

This show is more than Johnson left and Johnson right...There is also 2 other recievers and a tightend that can all catch and run..a great QB that can get them the ball...and Perry up the middle will be another factor....You just play Crockett like always and put 9 in the box and it will be a long night. ;) This is not meant to brag, but the statement that this team is made up of Johnson right and Johnson left is FALSE!

This show is more than Johnson left and Johnson right...There is also 2 other recievers and a tightend that can all catch and run..a great QB that can get them the ball...and Perry up the middle will be another factor....You just play Crockett like always and put 9 in the box and it will be a long night. ;) This is not meant to brag, but the statement that this team is made up of Johnson right and Johnson left is FALSE!

crockett fans, residents, vistors etc etc get up off the couch or wat ever it is that you do on friday nights turn off wcta and come to the the game we need all the people, noise, support we can get to make this a better game... We need to pack the stands even more than usual :D cant wait!!!

Amen to that cavcav. Johnson left, Johnson right, Perry middle, and Massey as the field general..........great offensive line...........great defensive line..........secondary that forces big turnovers in key situations........crocketts better in every way than last years team. Covington has to stop our run and pass and manage to score with there fumble prone offense that has yet to prove wat they are made of. OUR DEFENSE is not to be over looked...........will someone please give us some respect on our D.

My bad Crockett78, I should have talked about the D of Crockett...I guess I was caught up in answering the Johnson right and left on offense that D never came to mind....The Crockett D is for real too. With a huge D line and quick backers and to top it off, you better be prepared if you are going to put the ball in the air, or it will go the other way quick...I just hope we all stay away from the injury bug this Friday!

After comeing up on the short end of both of these games I think covingtons D is quick enough to stop Johnson right and Johnson left. But if it comes down to PAT's COVINGTON will be in trouble. Should be a great game COVINGTON-20 CROCKETT-14

More than Johnson right-left to this Cav team albeit thats their most dangerous weapons along with Masseys great General style of play calling and bullseye passing to winning Big after wearing you down with Power from OL and Perry..not to leave out their Awesome D==much quicker to the ball from all 11 players on the field....if Covington can withstand their attack for 1st half i can them winning..only if they get the jitters out and hold on to the ball..otherwise a long night for the Chargers..to JSS log they have yet to play a killer schedule such as Region 7 3-AAA presents..i dont see a JSS-CC semi-final altho they have only one legit team to face from Region 5-AAA== DL as Giles has lost top 2 qbs and their own Region posing them no problems,but will give props to them if they can accomplish it ..looking to a CC-DL semi with CC the Winner if they can get theirselves in shape for 4 quarters of football...Covington may well be CC foe in Quarterfinals as Dyersburg is hurting bigtime with loss of 3 top OL-DL players==reason for not scoring past 2 games..Region 8-AAA will be most represented with Sheffield and Mitchell..should be a very interesting 5-6 weeks for all to enjoy..Prayers to all players, fans etc, playing and traveling ! :thumb:

More than Johnson right-left to this Cav team albeit thats their most dangerous weapons along with Masseys great General style of play calling and bullseye passing to winning Big after wearing you down with Power from OL and Perry..not to leave out their Awesome D==much quicker to the ball from all 11 players on the field....if Covington can withstand their attack for 1st half i can them winning..only if they get the jitters out and hold on to the ball..otherwise a long night for the Chargers..to JSS log they have yet to play a killer schedule such as Region 7 3-AAA presents..i dont see a JSS-CC semi-final altho they have only one legit team to face from Region 5-AAA== DL as Giles has lost top 2 qbs and their own Region posing them no problems,but will give props to them if they can accomplish it ..looking to a CC-DL semi with CC the Winner if they can get theirselves in shape for 4 quarters of football...Covington may well be CC foe in Quarterfinals as Dyersburg is hurting bigtime with loss of 3 top OL-DL players==reason for not scoring past 2 games..Region 8-AAA will be most represented with Sheffield and Mitchell..should be a very interesting 5-6 weeks for all to enjoy..Prayers to all players, fans etc, playing and traveling ! ;)

Don't get ahead of yourself....your path to anywhere goes thru Region 5 and you know it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!