Ooltewah @ Oak Ridge

denlron

ImaOwl and deniron,

You both have very good points, and I certainly would like to see a Chattanooga team go into the playoffs undefeated.

As for Monroe coached teams, there were a couple of times I was surprised at how far below their potential the Owls team played under Monroe last year. That was a very talented team, and several times I felt the personnel was not used properly--like the linebackers were far too conservative for the talent they had.

I do agree that Farragut's QB was a good scrambler; I watched the game on TV, but I also thought Ooltewah played far too much zone defense. One on one coverage would have been just as good as what they did.

It won't be Monroe overlooking Oak Ridge. I am far more concerned about the players thinking they have "arrived." They have had a better year than everyone predicted, and sometimes young teams don't respond well to the pressure. Oak Ridge will play a stout defense against them. Hopefully, Monroe has filled in some of the gaps I saw in the secondary. If so, maybe you guys are right.

And deniron, I would agree, that if both teams brought their "A" games to the field, I would give the advantage to Ooltewah by quite a bit. But surprising things occur on the footbal field.

We'll see, but I am still picking the upset; but must admit I hope I am wrong.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheather Oak Ridge makes the play offs or not I will be glad to wrap this season up. Usually the OR fans are after everybody else but not this year.We're fighting each other, airing dirty laundry out in public and just plain talking bad about each other and the team and coaches. That's NOT the way a family should be! Should be us against everybody else. Probably won't get better for a while but JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!! Yeah right.

I'm tired... I'm out of here. Good night Mrs. Calabash where ever you are.

That was Monroe's first year at Ooltewah and he came in late at that. You have your opinion. Do you think the fact Benny Monroe as coach has anything to do with their early high state ranking? I do. Voters respect and know what he can do.These players DO NOT think they have arrived. They have never been here before! I know when Monroe was at Cleveland ,and you can use Maryville as an example, those teams know how to win. That is part of it. Coach Monroe teaches teams HOW to win. I think this team is very tallented BUT you have to give credit to Coach Monroe in a BIG way. This team WILL be as prepared as they can be. It will be up to them to execute. I think they will. ;)

ImaOwl and deniron,

You both have very good points, and I certainly would like to see a Chattanooga team go into the playoffs undefeated.

As for Monroe coached teams, there were a couple of times I was surprised at how far below their potential the Owls team played under Monroe last year. That was a very talented team, and several times I felt the personnel was not used properly--like the linebackers were far too conservative for the talent they had.

I do agree that Farragut's QB was a good scrambler; I watched the game on TV, but I also thought Ooltewah played far too much zone defense. One on one coverage would have been just as good as what they did.

It won't be Monroe overlooking Oak Ridge. I am far more concerned about the players thinking they have "arrived." They have had a better year than everyone predicted, and sometimes young teams don't respond well to the pressure. Oak Ridge will play a stout defense against them. Hopefully, Monroe has filled in some of the gaps I saw in the secondary. If so, maybe you guys are right.

And deniron, I would agree, that if both teams brought their "A" games to the field, I would give the advantage to Ooltewah by quite a bit. But surprising things occur on the footbal field.

We'll see, but I am still picking the upset; but must admit I hope I am wrong.

I still don't get why Oak Ridge fans are so mad! I mean the games that you have lost were very close games and you ended up losing them in the last seconds of the game. I guess I just have to be there to understand. Whats the weather suppose to be like this Friday?

Because of certain issues going on in the program. While on the surface it may appear to be all about wins and losses, that's not totally it.

Edited by catback