The Land-Air Tip-Off Classic

Mr. Freeze

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very typical response from Greeneville following one of their home jobs, when officiating is mentioned, which is regularly. Wonder why it keeps coming up?

The sad thing is, you have a great team this year. You don't need the officiating to be competitive or even to win. It's just a shame that you treat visiting teams that way. It's been going on for years at the middle and high schools both.

Wiggins is a very good player, although he needs to bulk up if he's going to play D1 ball. The Gash kid is an outstanding player and the number 5 (don't recall his name) is a good shooter. It's just a shame that the refs don't call it fairly when they're on the court, but for anyone that's followed them over the years, it's rather expected, especially in tight games.

As for Bearden, they were missing possibly their best, or one of their best, big men in your game and the final game. I suspect that game would have turned out differently and as for Shelbyville, i'd take them as well. Someone mentioned speed on here, Shelbyville is faster. :thumb:

Good luck Greeneville, you have a great team in a weak region this year so we probably won't see what you can really do til tourney time.

As for your refs, well, good luck with that too. I would think sooner or later you'd get a conscience, but that's my mistake I reckon. You don't use the same referee association as the rest of the middle school or high schools in your region, why change now? Hehe

Very typical response from Greeneville following one of their home jobs, when officiating is mentioned, which is regularly. Wonder why it keeps coming up?

The sad thing is, you have a great team this year. You don't need the officiating to be competitive or even to win. It's just a shame that you treat visiting teams that way. It's been going on for years at the middle and high schools both.

Wiggins is a very good player, although he needs to bulk up if he's going to play D1 ball. The Gash kid is an outstanding player and the number 5 (don't recall his name) is a good shooter. It's just a shame that the refs don't call it fairly when they're on the court, but for anyone that's followed them over the years, it's rather expected, especially in tight games.

As for Bearden, they were missing possibly their best, or one of their best, big men in your game and the final game. I suspect that game would have turned out differently and as for Shelbyville, i'd take them as well. Someone mentioned speed on here, Shelbyville is faster. :P

Good luck Greeneville, you have a great team in a weak region this year so we probably won't see what you can really do til tourney time.

As for your refs, well, good luck with that too. I would think sooner or later you'd get a conscience, but that's my mistake I reckon. You don't use the same referee association as the rest of the middle school or high schools in your region, why change now? Hehe

Jeff County uses the same lame IMAC refs that Greeneville does...do we pay them better or do we feed them better...exactly how do we get them to do our bidding...hypnosis?

I am really tired of this bickering about the officials handing the game to Greeneville. Is it not the kids who have to ut the ball in the basket, even when they are put on the free-throw line? I have yet to see an official step to the charity stripe and shoot. Am I saying that the officials did a great job? No, but it was not as unfair as some are making it out to be. There were some questionable calls, both ways, some going Greeneville's way and some Bradley's. This was a great matchup between two really good teams.

Oh, by the way. Here is the inofrmation that someone was asking for:

Fouls Greeneville 5-8-13

Bradley 6-15-21

Notice that neither team made it to the bonus in the first half. I know that if someone were to look at the second half and finals, most would say that it was very lopsided, but let me remind you of something that someone else has already said within this post. Bradley started fouling late to control the clock and get the ball back.

Congrats go out to Greeneville and Bradley Central for such a great tournament. They both represented the state of TN very well. As I overheard someone say, I hope to see these two meet up again, possibly in the state finals.

I am really tired of this bickering about the officials handing the game to Greeneville. Is it not the kids who have to ut the ball in the basket, even when they are put on the free-throw line? I have yet to see an official step to the charity stripe and shoot. Am I saying that the officials did a great job? No, but it was not as unfair as some are making it out to be. There were some questionable calls, both ways, some going Greeneville's way and some Bradley's. This was a great matchup between two really good teams.

Oh, by the way. Here is the inofrmation that someone was asking for:

Fouls Greeneville 5-8-13

Bradley 6-15-21

Notice that neither team made it to the bonus in the first half. I know that if someone were to look at the second half and finals, most would say that it was very lopsided, but let me remind you of something that someone else has already said within this post. Bradley started fouling late to control the clock and get the ball back.

Congrats go out to Greeneville and Bradley Central for such a great tournament. They both represented the state of TN very well. As I overheard someone say, I hope to see these two meet up again, possibly in the state finals.

Again, the first five fouls called on BC were on the big men in the first quarter. Say what you want, the fact remains, they took the BC big men out of the game fast and early.

Lastly, this is not something new. Greeneville is notorious for their officiating. It's very commonplace when you play there. It's the absolute worst home cooking i've ever witnessed at any level and it's consistent, year in and year out.

I fully expect Greeneville to dispute it, that's normal, but it doesn't change the fact that it happens and everyone knows it. The sad thing is, it's a shame it even has to happen. And no, Greeneville uses a different officiating association at the middle school level for certain.

Again, the first five fouls called on BC were on the big men in the first quarter. Say what you want, the fact remains, they took the BC big men out of the game fast and early.

Lastly, this is not something new. Greeneville is notorious for their officiating. It's very commonplace when you play there. It's the absolute worst home cooking i've ever witnessed at any level and it's consistent, year in and year out.

I fully expect Greeneville to dispute it, that's normal, but it doesn't change the fact that it happens and everyone knows it. The sad thing is, it's a shame it even has to happen. And no, Greeneville uses a different officiating association at the middle school level for certain.

Even with both big guys in the game, Greeneville seemed to out hustle Bradley Central and get most every loose ball. I suppose the officials held Bradley back.

This isn't middle school

Bradley Will use Kyle and keith to win games you get them in Foul Trouble Then you have put your team in a position to win and that is what Greenville did. Now if Those Fouls they called on Keith and Kyle were real or not i dont know i wasnt there. But Congrats to Greenville you beat a great Bradley Team and we hope to see you again in the near Future.

I keep reading all of this garbage, but the 1st half fouls were even. Besides being even they were very low. So what is the prognosis? An average 6'8" guy is not going to guard Wiggins. Period ! He plays like a 6'2" guard. He is as quick as a cat and very deceptive. The only time he got slowed was during the box and 1 in which Oglesby was guarding him. So why didn't BCHS's coach do his homework. Wiggins has gotten huge press for over a year. Luckily for Greeneville, when Terrance was in the box and 1, the other players stepped up and made the buckets. Bradley by far has more individual talent than Greeneville, but the last I checked this was a team game. Bradley was out hustled and by far out coached. If they would have used their big men to there advantage in the 1st quarter and half, we may have seen a different outcome. But on the other hand Greeneville expected that and played in your face, attack the ball defense, which disallowed Bradley from getting their offensive set. Enough said. Outcome was obvious, and the game was over after 3 quarters. I also think it is insulting to take away such good playing by saying the refs won the game. I guess Duncan is lucky enough to take his refs on the road and to Murfreesboro, because he seems to win no matter where it is or what caliber of talent he has. He don't do bad for a school with only 850 students. Give Greeneville there dues.

Did Bradley also cry last year at the Landair Classic over the officiating. I guess Greeneville didn't pay enough last year or they would have won it also.

Did Bradley also cry last year at the Landair Classic over the officiating. I guess Greeneville didn't pay enough last year or they would have won it also.

Kardz, this billiard13 guy is not from BC...he is a Jeff County fan...since he can't blame there 40 pt blow-out by Greeneville on the refs, so he has to opine on the BC game.

Edited by barb