Maryville VS Hoover AL

ziggy365

Many people make these kinds of comparisons and say things like schedule tougher opponets but reality is that the three teams you mention are county rivals. This may not be what people outside of Blount County want but believe me when I say that it is a good thing for the kids and for the community to keep these rivalries alive. And as for Alcoa, they are probly the best 6-2 team in the state. Maryville does not need national recognition to prove they are the best in Tennessee so why does this matter to so many people outside of Blount County?

None from Maryville can possibily want to keep the likes of Wm Blount and not pick up Oak Ridge or DB.

Wm Blount is no competition to Maryville. The Wm Blount coach wants to drop Maryville. Its a good time for an upgrade to the schedule.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None from Maryville can possibily want to keep the likes of Wm Blount and not pick up Oak Ridge or DB.

Wm Blount is no competition to Maryville. The Wm Blount coach wants to drop Maryville. Its a good time for an upgrade to the schedule.

I am a former Maryville graduate. Class of 89' and I can remember it meaning so much to us then as kids to have bragging rights. These kids today are no differant because they go to the same churches and they see each other in public. They play summer sports together so the kids are the same. Now you may have a point when it comes to coaches and administration. I for one would be sad to see this format change. Maybe it will and everybody in the media and everybody outside of Blount County will get there way. As the world turns change is inevitable but sometimes for the worse.

I think I confused some people out there , I NEVER said who would win or bash any of the fine football programs in either state. I do know that BOTH teams are ranked nationally in at least three prep polls that I have seen, and reguardless of who would win I think it would be a great game . The national publisity it would generate could do nothing but help Tennessee and Alabama HS programs .

Now having said all that all I said was I had heard a rumor form several sourses that were not together and wondered if anyone else had heard anything about it.

Ohio football is better than the rest of the nation. :D

(sorry gotta rep the home state)

Great football is played in Ohio, but not the best in the nation. Top 10 are......

1) California

2) Texas

3) Florida

4) Georgia

5) Ohio

6) Pennsylvania

7) New Jersey

8) South Carolina

9) Oklahoma

10) Tennessee :D

If Hoover and Maryville did play this year Maryville would loose by 3 or more touchdowns.

Look at what powell does they play McCallie, Farragut, and Webb who are all very very good teams.

Maryville picks up Alcoa and wont play anyone else.

Just wish Maryville woluld play some better teams to see some better games

They should try scheduling one, just one, game against a decent non-region opponent. Your three non-region games this year were against a good 2A school (Alcoa) that is 6-2. A bad Heritage team that is 2-6 and William Blount that is 4-4. A combined record of 12-12 with half of that coming from a 2A school. Hardly the stuff needed to get recognized anywhere outside of Tennessee. Don't expect to get any national recognition unless you go somewhere and play another team looking to get the same exposure. Teams like Byrns are at another level I don't care what your jaded eyes are looking at. If you want to get recognized outside of Tennessee then prove you deserve it by beating someone besides .500 level teams in your area.

A 4-4 William Blount team that very well could be 7-1, which Maryville handled with NO difficulty whatsoever. William Blount can beat ANY 5A team in the state this year, and Maryville dominated them. People make the argument all the time about William Blount being a weak opponent, but it's simply not true. The Govs have beaten Oak Ridge and Sevier County this year, and lost by a combined 5 points at Ooltewah and Farragut, two games that they should have won, barring missed extra points and penalties. The only other non-Maryville loss for the Govs is to McMinn County, a play-off team this year who has also beaten Oak Ridge, and who is very talented and fast, and the Govs fumbled that game away while running the clock out, eventually losing in 3 OT's. Let's face it, William Blount is one of the strongest 5A teams in the state this year, and Maryville had no problem at all with them! Maryville deserves much more respect than they are getting, and they need to show some people that.

Let's put aside the blatant hatred for William Blount for just a second, and look at this realisticly. Why should Maryville drop WB? It's a great county rivarly, and Blount County football would just not be the same without William Blount and Maryville. It means more than anything for us to get a shot at Maryville, and I'm sure that Maryville always loves playing their natural Blount County rivals. Secondly, picking up Oak Ridge would be no game for Maryville either. You're knocking the Govs, who beat the team you wanna pick up! B)

A 4-4 William Blount team that very well could be 7-1, which Maryville handled with NO difficulty whatsoever. William Blount can beat ANY 5A team in the state this year, and Maryville dominated them. People make the argument all the time about William Blount being a weak opponent, but it's simply not true. The Govs have beaten Oak Ridge and Sevier County this year, and lost by a combined 5 points at Ooltewah and Farragut, two games that they should have won, barring missed extra points and penalties. The only other non-Maryville loss for the Govs is to McMinn County, a play-off team this year who has also beaten Oak Ridge, and who is very talented and fast, and the Govs fumbled that game away while running the clock out, eventually losing in 3 OT's. Let's face it, William Blount is one of the strongest 5A teams in the state this year, and Maryville had no problem at all with them! Maryville deserves much more respect than they are getting, and they need to show some people that.

I don't think it has anything to do with disrespecting Maryville. People want to see how well Tennessee high school football stacks up with some of the best. Who wants to see Maryville beat up on Blount County opponents every year? If anything, they should be flattered that people "choose" them as the team they want to see play other nationally recognized programs. Look at what happened to some team out of Memphis. They got beat 89-0 by Olive Branch, MS and all you heard about was how terrible high school football is in the Volunteer State. We would all be pulling for Maryville to win if they did play such a game........

Edited by Buzzman

I agree 100% I have watched every WB game. They should be 7-1 right now. I don't think WB can beat all 5A teams. But! They are a good team. If WB is 4th in the region and has to go to DB. DB better not take them lightly.

If Hoover and Maryville did play this year Maryville would loose by 3 or more touchdowns.

Look at what powell does they play McCallie, Farragut, and Webb who are all very very good teams.

Maryville picks up Alcoa and wont play anyone else.

Just wish Maryville woluld play some better teams to see some better games

Doesn't Maryville beat the living heck out of Powell every year? It's comical that you even post on this thread as a Powell fan or player. Trying to stir the pot? Try posting with just a tad bit more intelligence.......