Chattanooga Single A

ASCEO

Temple lost several seniors, mostly role players, but they played every game. They lost their dorm student starter. They lost their longtime coach. They will still be good, but they will not be the same team as last year. That may be good or bad but it will be different. We won't know until they play some real games, maybe later than others due to football.

CSAS has been good in the past and should be good again this year. How good? They have more athletes and overall talent than probably anybody in our region. We won't know how good they will be until they play some real games. Their coach has been there a long time and has had a lot of success. I still don't know why people keep harping on him and his son when you could criticize any coach and people he plays whenever you want. I know that Coach Skogen will get questions this year about his sons, I just hope people won't write about it.

You are right about some things. I know when you hear sometimes that a school loses several seniors you think it is a big deal but it was not that way this year at Temple. As loved as those seniors were and as much as they contributed off the bench, they were not big losses at all. After this year's seniors leave there will definitely be a vacuum. Wadley leaving was depressing for everyone but one of the things that good leaders do well is build leaders around them and he did that. Greg Brown coached with Wadley for several years and coached the girls last year for the first time and took them places the school had never been before. He is a great coach.

Kevin Skogen is deeply involved in coaching football right now but a large number of the basketball players are under his tutelage on the football field, not to mention that he has been Wadley's right hand man now for what, 6+ years? The players respect him and the transition should go without even a slight hiccup. It always hurts in some ways to lose people like that but it seems that the everything is bigger and better than last year.

The difference between Coach Dragoo and Coach Skogen is that Skogen's kids are actually good :rolleyes:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between Coach Dragoo and Coach Skogen is that Skogen's kids are actually good :D

One of the Dragoo kids played at UTC didnt he? And if I am correct UTC is better basketball than any schools the Skogens have played at. Now I dont think Dragoo was better than Jake or Caleb, but you have to at least be good to play at UTC. (nice cheap shot Smart A)

Edited by redandwhiteforever

You are right about some things. I know when you hear sometimes that a school loses several seniors you think it is a big deal but it was not that way this year at Temple. As loved as those seniors were and as much as they contributed off the bench, they were not big losses at all. After this year's seniors leave there will definitely be a vacuum. Wadley leaving was depressing for everyone but one of the things that good leaders do well is build leaders around them and he did that. Greg Brown coached with Wadley for several years and coached the girls last year for the first time and took them places the school had never been before. He is a great coach.

Kevin Skogen is deeply involved in coaching football right now but a large number of the basketball players are under his tutelage on the football field, not to mention that he has been Wadley's right hand man now for what, 6+ years? The players respect him and the transition should go without even a slight hiccup. It always hurts in some ways to lose people like that but it seems that the everything is bigger and better than last year.

The difference between Coach Dragoo and Coach Skogen is that Skogen's kids are actually good :thumb:

Greg Brown is that the girls coach from last year? The same one who could not be the head coach for the boy this year? I wonder how legal that was? Can't coach the boys but you can coach the girls. I am sure he is a good coach, but where is the ethics in that?

Yes, Skogen is the head coach.

Well the team has played together for a while so I dont think there are going to be problems within the team. Now seth is without a doubt their best player, but I dont view him and the real "leader" type. I could be wrong. I heard that they are still running the same exact plays. But anytime you lose a coach like Wadley it cant help things.

Where is Wadley? Just AD?

Temple lost several seniors, mostly role players, but they played every game. They lost their dorm student starter. They lost their longtime coach. They will still be good, but they will not be the same team as last year. That may be good or bad but it will be different. We won't know until they play some real games, maybe later than others due to football.

Temple didn't lose several seniors and role players. Adam Vespie, James McCormick, and James Wallace. Those are the three seniors lost. While they were hard workers, these three weren't necessarily role players. Adam was probably closest to being a role player. Adam and McCormick are two of my best friends, but I am admitting that they weren't "role players". James M. was second string, and a hard worker at that, and Adam and Wallace shared the 5th starting position.

I am amazed to see that although I was trying to have people focus on the coming basketball season, "Pasture" seems content to talk about coachs sons who do not even play anymore. I have never been critical or tried to give my opinion of any other coaches sons or past players. What is the "beef" that "Pasture" has against Coach Dragoo and his family that he continually has to try to put them down. Does he know them? Has he done something against them. From all I know he is a good and decent person who his players love and who work hard for him. His sons worked hard and contributed to winning programs. Lets not sit there and think that any one past or present player needs to be focused on just to make someone else look better! If past experience is the same, "Pasture" will get on this subject, make some prediction for Temple, and then SLAM Dragoo's kids who are now in college or or graduated ! Lets just wait until some games are played to see how things start looking.

I am amazed to see that although I was trying to have people focus on the coming basketball season, "Pasture" seems content to talk about coachs sons who do not even play anymore. I have never been critical or tried to give my opinion of any other coaches sons or past players. What is the "beef" that "Pasture" has against Coach Dragoo and his family that he continually has to try to put them down. Does he know them? Has he done something against them. From all I know he is a good and decent person who his players love and who work hard for him. His sons worked hard and contributed to winning programs. Lets not sit there and think that any one past or present player needs to be focused on just to make someone else look better! If past experience is the same, "Pasture" will get on this subject, make some prediction for Temple, and then SLAM Dragoo's kids who are now in college or or graduated ! Lets just wait until some games are played to see how things start looking.

I wish I posted that

Temple will be the best single A team in the area. Grace will also be good. It must be nice for these huge kids to keep showing up for Grace. CSAS will be tough and SP would probably be the 4th best A team in the area.

What is the comment about Grace supposed to mean? Carter has been here since elementary school and Patrick transferred b/c his family wanted him to be seen and playing alongside Carter will do that. Don't try to even hint that Grace is recruiting b/c that is completely false!

What is the comment about Grace supposed to mean? Carter has been here since elementary school and Patrick transferred b/c his family wanted him to be seen and playing alongside Carter will do that. Don't try to even hint that Grace is recruiting b/c that is completely false!

Nobody said anything about GRACE recruiting, if it is not nice for these huge kids to keep showing up at Grace then send them over to 3rd street they will be more than welcomed

Relax, Silverdalefan. I do not have any beef against any other team. Try reading all the posts so that you can be better informed before you post. I was only commenting on what others had already posted and it was never intended as an attack. I do not know Dragoo or his son and really could care less about it. My comments were made on personal observations of one game and based somewhat on what CSAS fans were saying about little Dragoo at that game. I heard parents of CSAS students complaining about Coach Dragoo and little Dragoo and as they were commenting I was watching junior on the court and agreed with their observations.

If you go back and read all the posts you will remember that someone else had commented and questioned something about Dragoo and his son. All I was doing was first sharing my very limited perspective on the issue and also just having a giggle.

I can't remember if it is in this thread or one of the others, but I have posted that I think that Temple will win region and CSAS will finish second ahead of Grace. So if i was picking on Dragoo would I give him that much credit?

Edited by Pasture