Week 10 10/27 Greenbrier at White House

timbdp

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to White House for coming back and taking back the game in the second half. You guys pulled it out and we will wish you good luck in the playoffs.

To our Bobcats, you guys gave it your best in a bad situation. This season has been a tough one with the injuries and the task of trying to find a team that gels together. No excuses, the slow-minded officials obviously were questionable on Ziggy's call and the Joe Nedney understudy call. Even the CSS crew laughed at the acting job. Maybe timbdp is on to something about the calls up there. :ph34r:

Lets get back to the drawing board, Cats. Figure out the solutions for this year's downfalls. For the next year's seniors...work hard...and bring back the W's.

Can't believe it's the end of October and we're done. Seniors it has been a pleasure. It wasn't you guys, it just happened to be the year we slipped.

(To the ones that painted our school sign with BDP graffiti, I truly thought you guys were classier than that.)

Watching the game on my DVR, and yes, your player hit the punter. It doesn't matter how hard you hit him, it's a flag. Great defensive game, outside of 3 big plays, it might have gone into OT 7-7.

How tough did the West kid run? He made a ton of plays on his own, blocking was spotty, but Bobcat D-line got a good push all night.

Good luck Blue Devils.

All our phones were ringing when Little Z's call was made-obviously the announcers were torn up about it, said he was at least a foot inside! But there is nothing that can be done about it now, it happens and you move on knowing he will make PLENTY more catches that will be called fair and he will BUST down the field-the child will only get better and better....

congrats White House-was a good game! :thumb: Thanks for four happy years Seniors and Lance too, lol...

Edited by getthatqb

Watching the game on my DVR, and yes, your player hit the punter. It doesn't matter how hard you hit him, it's a flag. Great defensive game, outside of 3 big plays, it might have gone into OT 7-7.

How tough did the West kid run? He made a ton of plays on his own, blocking was spotty, but Bobcat D-line got a good push all night.

Good luck Blue Devils.

You are right 89, I was there and I'm proud of the Blue boys, but we taped the game in case it started raining so much we had to leave and we didn't want to miss the game.

This game belonged to Greenbrier for the first half. I'm not going to lie when I say that Greenbrier had some bad calls called against them. These could have made a difference because we came out with a win, but barely. I read the stats this morning and on paper it was pretty even. Being even with Notre Dame will not work in the playoffs. It was a good effort by the Payne Train, and Barrett, and the team, but we need some hard practice.

Good game to Greenbrier, NoDoubt and all the guys over there. We know you're reloading and where the cross-hairs will be aimed come next season.

Also: Would someone PLEASE give Cordell a White House history lesson? DEWEY WHITSON....CATCH up on some White House history, I don't care which county the field is in.

You are right 89, I was there and I'm proud of the Blue boys, but we taped the game in case it started raining so much we had to leave and we didn't want to miss the game.

This game belonged to Greenbrier for the first half. I'm not going to lie when I say that Greenbrier had some bad calls called against them. These could have made a difference because we came out with a win, but barely. I read the stats this morning and on paper it was pretty even. Being even with Notre Dame will not work in the playoffs. It was a good effort by the Payne Train, and Barrett, and the team, but we need some hard practice.

Good game to Greenbrier, NoDoubt and all the guys over there. We know you're reloading and where the cross-hairs will be aimed come next season.

Also: Would someone PLEASE give Cordell a White House history lesson? DEWEY WHITSON....CATCH up on some White House history, I don't care which county the field is in.

With what Mr Cordell does and has done for WH high, I could care less if he knows anything about Dewey Whitson.Good win for WH.GB came out fired up and ready to play.Agree on the out of bounds on the kickoff call[bad],I dont know what game the Ref was watching.Sorry GB.On to Notre Dame.Our boys better find some intensity or it could be a long ride home.Greta finish for the Seniors, lets keep going one week at a time.

Great game to both teams.... it may not have been the prettiest thing to watch but it was better than sitting home on Friday night. I was proud that the Cats went down fighting... that's what having a respected program is all about.

Refs are refs. Both teams have to deal with them. I don't see where calls really made any difference.

Congrats WH on the win... don't let it go to waste. Good luck in the playoffs.

Edited by NoDoubt

Great game Friday night, Greenbrier you showed class and you seniors should be so proud of ourselves, withour a few bad calls, and some big plays of WH side I think GB would have won. But in life you have to take the wins with the loses and go on. Just remember everything you learn from the coaches. You'll have one of the most respected teams in this region. Way to go Brad for winning the Wendy's player of the week award. You have had an awesome year, stay focused and you can go a long way. to the rest of the team and most importanly the seniors WE LOVE YOU and may the road you travel be a good one. :lol:

Greenbrier, you boys came out in Greenbrier Football fashion and ran that ball. I won't name all the boys for fear that I'll miss someone but to each and every one of the Bobcats that have grown with this team and that are seniors that played that last game Friday, we love you guys. We are proud of all of you, because you've perserved in a season of injuries and second guesses. I'd like to see these returning boys start early and work hard in the off season. Sort the ones that will give it their all from the ones that just want to wear the Bobcats uniform. This short season will only be like throwing fuel on a fire, because when you have years of playoffs, it sometimes takes a little upset to say we're going back. And go back, we will. Find a new blueprint and rebuild even stronger. I know we will.

Thanks again to all our Seniors. You boys are OUR Bobcats, just like all the ones before you.

A special thanks to Lance for choosing to come to Greenbrier, and for having the pleasure of watching you play. You brought a "new DEAL" to this game.

Good luck to WH next week.

The calls where like they always have been. They go both ways at most games. The old man rearing the white hat (xxxxx) needs to retire. He may be waiting for his grandson, who goes to White House, to graduate. The Judge from Murray County who worked the White House sideline and called the catch by the punt returner out of bounds…We will say he just blew it…. It Happens.

Gosh it looks so much more obvious when it is on TV and replayed over and over. Most Greenbrier fans didn’t realize he blew the call until our phones started ringing. Those refs were not used to TV games and nice camera angles. I wonder at what point he realized he blew that call. Did he know it when he blew the whistle or when he got home and watched the replay. Did you see the look that the returner gave the offical...like are you crazy. He might have realized it latter in the game when he marked the out of bonds punt on the sidelines with Mr. White Hat. That ball didn’t make it to the 15 yard line where it landed outside the fence.

Most High School coaches know what to expect and not expect when you play at White House.

From the crowd…great support for their team.

From the team… A good hard fought game.

From the officials…many no calls and a lot of blown calls so don’t expect much.

Most teams also knows that you better be 2 touchdowns better than White House when you go there to play them.

Rumours have had it that some of the refs are even on the mailing list for White House Boosters. Pxxxx…Mxxxx...Cxxxx

It was a Great High School Football game that a lot of people got to see. Maybe someone with TSSAA retirement committee watched it also.

I loved the holding call.

"HOLDING.....(pause, breath, pause, wake up)...against the White Team"

NOTE===This is in no way meant to take away anything from the Excellent White House team or their fans. I enjoyed watching your players fight, scrape, and play hard. Thats what this is all about. Playing hard and excelling.

NOTE 2===This is also not an excuse for not winning. White House won the ball game fair and square. I have no problem with that.

NOTE 3===This is intended as a jab at a sorry bunch of blind officals.

Took the names out for their safety

Edited by painter