Week 10 10/27 Greenbrier at White House

timbdp

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I am in White House (yes right now) looking for a boat launch. Titans89, I'll bring the lifejackets if you bring the anchor.

This weather is going to change the normal gameplan for both sides, and will slow down the running game for offense and defense. I don't think it will be a true reflection on what these teams can do, but it will be a testimony of how well they can adjust.

Both teams have huge sideline backups. Those are the guys I feel sorry for, having to just stand in the rain, no umbrellas, no jackets, no blankets..

Good luck to both sides tonight. One things for sure...whichever side wins or loses, BOTH sides need to serve up light portions of boast or (sour) grapes. It has been a very frustrating season on both sides.

Guys, everyone load up on Vitamin C. We'll ALL be deathly ill tomorrow if we don't.

Ok. I am in White House (yes right now) looking for a boat launch. Titans89, I'll bring the lifejackets if you bring the anchor.

This weather is going to change the normal gameplan for both sides, and will slow down the running game for offense and defense. I don't think it will be a true reflection on what these teams can do, but it will be a testimony of how well they can adjust.

Both teams have huge sideline backups. Those are the guys I feel sorry for, having to just stand in the rain, no umbrellas, no jackets, no blankets..

Good luck to both sides tonight. One things for sure...whichever side wins or loses, BOTH sides need to serve up light portions of boast or (sour) grapes. It has been a very frustrating season on both sides.

Guys, everyone load up on Vitamin C. We'll ALL be deathly ill tomorrow if we don't.

Boat leaves at 6, we'll tie on to the baseball fields.Looks like they may have tarped the field.I dont know when or how much good it will do.Hopefully not to bad.look forward to a good game Cat, see you later :thumb:

I'm wondering which fan base this weather is going to affect the most tonight. I know the game will be broadcast on CSS and that alone will keep some folks away but with the weather the way it is, I know that broadcast will be much more appealing. Now, with Greenbrier having to travel ( a very short distance I know ) and knowing they will not be in the playoffs this year, will they be more likely to stay home than the White House fan base knowing if they win, they are in? If the tables were turned and we were heading to Greenbrier under the same circumstances, I'm not sure that I wouldn't be in my recliner, under a blanket watching the game. Me and my son might be the only ones in my family to come watch tonight because of the rain. My wife and daughter will probably opt out to "stayin' dry"....

The 12th man is very important for the home team and a traveling fan base likewise is important for the visitors. Will there be much of an advantage for White House tonight in that area?

I'm wondering which fan base this weather is going to affect the most tonight. I know the game will be broadcast on CSS and that alone will keep some folks away but with the weather the way it is, I know that broadcast will be much more appealing. Now, with Greenbrier having to travel ( a very short distance I know ) and knowing they will not be in the playoffs this year, will they be more likely to stay home than the White House fan base knowing if they win, they are in? If the tables were turned and we were heading to Greenbrier under the same circumstances, I'm not sure that I wouldn't be in my recliner, under a blanket watching the game. Me and my son might be the only ones in my family to come watch tonight because of the rain. My wife and daughter will probably opt out to "stayin' dry"....

The 12th man is very important for the home team and a traveling fan base likewise is important for the visitors. Will there be much of an advantage for White House tonight in that area?

I have found that in cold weather alone, most fans huddle, wrap up and wear gloves and basically that cuts down on the noise factor because and there's not a lot of clapping going on when you're holding an umbrella. If it keeps raining like it is right now, the noise of the rain will be louder than a shivering fanbase, not to mention the misery of the boys rolling around in mud will be a distraction too.

How many will show? When it comes closer to game time people will decide whether to bundle up or grab the remote.

I have found that in cold weather alone, most fans huddle, wrap up and wear gloves and basically that cuts down on the noise factor because and there's not a lot of clapping going on when you're holding an umbrella. If it keeps raining like it is right now, the noise of the rain will be louder than a shivering fanbase, not to mention the misery of the boys rolling around in mud will be a distraction too.

How many will show? When it comes closer to game time people will decide whether to bundle up or grab the remote.

Looking out my window right now, I thinking there are a bunch from both sides that are wondering if they need to stop by the store for drinks and popcorn so they can enjoy the game in a warm, dry house. I'm wondering how many layers of clothes I can get on yet still be able to put on my rainsuit..... :thumb: