Week 10 10/27 Greenbrier at White House

timbdp

I'm wondering which fan base this weather is going to affect the most tonight. I know the game will be broadcast on CSS and that alone will keep some folks away but with the weather the way it is, I know that broadcast will be much more appealing. Now, with Greenbrier having to travel ( a very short distance I know ) and knowing they will not be in the playoffs this year, will they be more likely to stay home than the White House fan base knowing if they win, they are in? If the tables were turned and we were heading to Greenbrier under the same circumstances, I'm not sure that I wouldn't be in my recliner, under a blanket watching the game. Me and my son might be the only ones in my family to come watch tonight because of the rain. My wife and daughter will probably opt out to "stayin' dry"....

The 12th man is very important for the home team and a traveling fan base likewise is important for the visitors. Will there be much of an advantage for White House tonight in that area?

Up until this year..... the Greenbrier faithful would have filled their side to standing capacity rain, sleet, hail, or high water. With a few more losses this year, the attendance seems to have gone down some week by week. With that said, I'm sure the Cats will still have a pretty good crowd. A nasty evening mixed with the game being televised could definitely cut down on the crowds.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had much of a chance to say much to the Bobcat faithful this year....but I am rooting for you to keep the "streak" alive(regular season)

It has been a tough year for a lot of us....but better days are ahead.......by the way....that was a fumble in 02 when we played.

Now...that is funny...But I thought it was 03.

It was a fumble...recovered by Curt Williams of Greenbrier. I can send you the film.

Good luck Bobcats....I'm headed to the Boro.......

Everyone sing:

Row Row Row your boat

Gently down the stream

Grab your jacket and your boots

Greenbrier needs your screams!!

:thumb: Oh, no...now you've done it. This will make Dandy sing again. :D

Actually though, that WAS pretty good..

I set the TIVO this morning so I get to watch it MORE than once. I'll just transfer it to a DVD so I don't have to go to Comcast again to get a copy. I've rather enjoyed the last year's game replay more than once in offseason. That was a good game. Hopefully the outcome will be the same tonight. :D

I have spent half an hour reading these ridiculous post, the arguing and bashing of what I am sure are supposed to be semi grown men that call themselves fans, parents and probably some coaches and players. Why.............I can say this is the only decent post that has been worth reading. Thank you for your post and thank you for the prayers of these players because that is what this and football should be about. The Seniors that won't have another chance to play. This will be some of their last night on a football field, most of them will probably never pick up a football again, some of them will never go to another football game so as fans, parents, and leaders of their communities (WH & Greenbrier) SUPPORT THESE KIDS, stop the stupid posts if you are going to waste peoples time that enjoy these posts do it with CLASS as ya'll have fought about. Stop talking about eachother and talk about the kids! They are all fighting for the same purpose a "win" for their team!!

I had lunch in the parking lot beside the White House field today. Did a little reading, a little praying, a little daydreaming (yes, about Fridays scoreboard) and a little more praying (no, not about the football game). At first glance, I thought they had tilled the ground, but no, it is grass, but it's as dead as the Bobcats chances of going to the playoffs. There were guys out there painting yardline numbers or else I would have gotten out to see if I could put a jinx on the White House sidelines :thumb: (but no, I don't truly believe in that either).

Here's looking forward to a great game Friday. Good atmosphere and friendly folks (don't hate us because we are in your way--it's just the way it turned out). I pray that there are no injuries and that the weather is not miserably cold so the fans can get into this game.

As far as the Bobcats being the underdog, I wouldn't expect a prediction of anything else. White House has the option to go on, while we don't. But that's not saying we won't try to get another win under our belts. The Bobcats are working hard to make a last "hoorah". I truly hope they do. But REGARDLESS of who wins, I would really like to see a good sportmanship game. If the Devils win congratulate them and wish them well, Cats. If the Bobcats win, I hope the Devils will understand that this season has been so close we could taste it, and our Seniors want to give this last game their best!'

Good luck to both sides. Let's KEEP it neighborly!! :D

:thumb: just wanted to say to all the seniors, we have faith in all of you and know that this hasnt' been the year you wanted but just remember everything you learned and carry it with you. Hold your heads up you have nothing to be ashamed of, We love you all, Jamie, Kyle, Joseph, Brad, Lance, Jody, Zach, Paul, Alex, Kevin, Tyler, Micheal W. Micheal Wise, Chris, Aaronhope I didn't leave anyone out if I did I am sorry. You guys deserved better this year. But we are still proud of you, just remember that. Go beat them Devils.

:thumb: just wanted to say to all the seniors, we have faith in all of you and know that this hasnt' been the year you wanted but just remember everything you learned and carry it with you. Hold your heads up you have nothing to be ashamed of, We love you all, Jamie, Kyle, Joseph, Brad, Lance, Jody, Zach, Paul, Alex, Kevin, Tyler, Micheal W. Micheal Wise, Chris, Aaronhope I didn't leave anyone out if I did I am sorry. You guys deserved better this year. But we are still proud of you, just remember that. Go beat them Devils.

Ditto. You boys can go out on a high note tonight, and erase everything that hasn't gone right this season. Just do it. Block, hit somebody and wrap them up. This is the last one for the Seniors. No holding back.. B)

Just came back from the park.they did tarp the field but it doesnt look like they had enough for the entire field.Both sidelines are under water and the track almost looks flooded.hard to tell what underneath the tarps will look like[i did not get out and look]they said the potential for another inch of rain this afternoon.I dont ever remember a WH game being moved for the weather.It will be interesting to see what happens.