MOST ANNOYING ....

Purple & Gold Standard

This may have been covered before,if it has it's been awhile,so here goes...

"GAME FACE"....I'm with the General,Bob Montgomery Knight on this...What exactly is a game face anyway???....

"BRING OUR A GAME".....When you are playing an important,big game,how do you not bring your best game with you???..An A game as opposed to what??A "D" or "F" game???...Why would you pack anything other than a "A" game???

I know there are many,many more...Come on and join in on the fun...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"GAME FACE"....I'm with the General,Bob Montgomery Knight on this...What exactly is a game face anyway???....

Love it...for those unfamiliar, click here (#2 on the top 10 list): link. While Knight is hardly a role model, I've always found him to be a riot.

Sports is always good for some great sound bytes, whether it be overused cliches or bonehead comments. Charles Shackleford's mid-80s declaration that he was "amphibious" by being able to shoot right and left-handed remains my all-time favorite sports quote.

Edited by rollredroll

How about this one.....When a coach is being asked about keeping his team's focus against a weak opponent..."Well they are probably the best 1-9 team in the country."....You are 1-9 for a reason....You are AWFUL.....I would like just once when a coach is asked about a weak opponent,they would say,"Well,this team is pretty bad,you know they don't have 1-9 record for nothing...We should win by 5 or 6 TD'S."

I have two:

The first is not really a tired old line that folks use but it drives me nuts. When the fourth quarter starts and everybody holds up four fingers. It's old and worn out, heck, we did that in the '70's. So here's my advice, WE ALL KNOW IT"S THE FOURTH QUARTER...just play #@%$^&!!!

The second is also not a tired line but has been overused ad-naseum. When a talk show host says. "Well as his teammate, he really threw him under the bus." Again, just over-used and it's time to throw that expression "under the bus". OOPS!

Edited by flngrvy