Centennial @ Franklin

zoosee12

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question...does any1 who thought the breantwood game was close (which Centennial lost by 22) think last night was a close game also (which was a 26 point game) cuz thats only a difference or 4 points? I dont think either one of them were close.

first of

we only lost by 18 to brentwood

so check you stats there bud

and in the brentwood game we actually scored

so of course this game wasnt close

i just dont know why you guys cant except the fact that in a season when you go 1-9 you just try to find the little things to cheer for

im sure that if your team went 1-9 you'd call a game against brentwood that for the longest of time you were only down by 11 until 10 seconds remaining a close game

gosh ya'll are abuch of panzies!

im out

next year will be a better year with a new coach

oh ya

and franklin will not win the state championship

too many other teams are too strong

Not to mention the win last week going into the Franklin game this week, the fans will likely be back and louder than ever over there in those visiting bleachers at Gamble Stadium.

4 or 5 weeks ago, I poseted a thread complaining about Centennial's lack of School Spirit. We had more fans show up to the game at LaVergne than we had in our stands most of the game. After having 5 of our first six games on the road, we returned to CHS, where I have never seen a better turnout for a midseason game as far as students. The Student tunnel stretched from almost the fence to the goal line. When our players came out, we must have broken a decibal record. Clarence Hardison exclamed "I can tell you all want it"

Ever since that game, the fans have been coming back and that close game vs. Brentwood and that win against Columbia have put a buzz back in the school. So win or lose, the fans are back and behind this team 100%

I haven't been on coacht in a while, but I have a question for you CHS 2007. I am guessing you have never been to a Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, or even Independence game midseason. Because I can almost guarantee if you had this year, you would've seen a bigger student turnout than at CHS's game vs. Lavergne. At almost every Williamson Co. school in TN except Centennial, the student section and stands are PACKED at every game, even most away games. I go to Franklin and many of my friends from CHS were at the FHS-Dickson Co. & didn't see CHS win their first game. Oh, yeah and are you calling CHS's 39-17 loss to BHS "that close game vs. Brentwood"??

first of

we only lost by 18 to brentwood

so check you stats there bud

and in the brentwood game we actually scored

so of course this game wasnt close

i just dont know why you guys cant except the fact that in a season when you go 1-9 you just try to find the little things to cheer for

im sure that if your team went 1-9 you'd call a game against brentwood that for the longest of time you were only down by 11 until 10 seconds remaining a close game

gosh ya'll are abuch of panzies!

im out

next year will be a better year with a new coach

oh ya

and franklin will not win the state championship

too many other teams are too strong

I think it's pretty funny that you actually called people "panzies" on coacht. It's also funny that you were so optimistic that your Cougars were going to gain "momentum" because of the win IN OVERTIME.. right?.. against Columbia who is 2-8, but you think that Franklin has no chance at winning state because the other teams are too strong. I guess now you're starting to kind of feel the same way that about every person except you felt about the Cougars playing Franklin.

Actually, I think more people would predict Franklin to win state than would've predicted the Rebels to lose to CHS.

GO REBELS!! 5A REGION 6 CHAMPIONS!!!

Edited by bballbabe24

I haven't been on coacht in a while, but I have a question for you CHS 2007. I am guessing you have never been to a Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, or even Independence game midseason. Because I can almost guarantee if you had this year, you would've seen a bigger student turnout than at CHS's game vs. Lavergne. At almost every Williamson Co. school in TN except Centennial, the student section and stands are PACKED at every game, even most away games. I go to Franklin and many of my friends from CHS were at the FHS-Dickson Co. & didn't see CHS win their first game. Oh, yeah and are you calling CHS's 39-17 loss to BHS "that close game vs. Brentwood"??

trash us all you want

BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

37-19

and thanks for backin me up there bunda

Edited by zoosee12

I will agree for the most part about everything you said. Steele and Waters is a wash, Waters was utilized differently than Steele, but Steele was more dangerous with the ball as far as carries go. All in all, Franklin escaped with the victory in 04 and Centennial will never come that close again, until they get the talent level back up and they make a coaching change. And PLEASE, don't disrespect Steele by saying that Leach out ran him 79 yards for the td. Steele was tackled on the play, and Leach ran with a convoy that shielded him from Lambert and Meggs. Check the tape

If you check the tape, you see that Mac Hibbet strips the ball because Centennial fakes the dive to the 2 hole and then tries to counter back to the 3 hole. Hibbet has just enough time to come off the corner and get a hand in the exchange.

Centennial was getting 4 yards on every carrry .... why the counter razzle dazzle... just pound away and you score!

To clear things up, Centennial was only down by a touchdown through most of the game. Remember that stats don't tell the whole story; Brentwood scores 2 touchdowns in the final 2 minutes after an interception and a turnover on downs, both giving Brentwood drives starting inside the 20. Other than the final 2 minutes it was a close game.