Hampton vs. Cloudland

This Thursday , the rivalry between Hampton and Cloudland continues. Cloudland is down since their season has been less than stellar. Hampton continues to chug along finding ways to win. I think this game might be a little better than most might think. Cloudland has nothing to lose, the Dogs, bragging rights for being the county champion. This is the last chance for the Dogs to tune up before the real season begins. My message to the Dogs is "It's showtime, lets get fired up and lets start making it count, give your best every play, every second, don't let up. Keep the intensity. Keep the fire. That's what will carry you to success in this game and the playoffs. Play like its the last time you ever will. This is your chance to make memories that will last forever. Go Dogs!"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Thursday , the rivalry between Hampton and Cloudland continues. Cloudland is down since their season has been less than stellar. Hampton continues to chug along finding ways to win. I think this game might be a little better than most might think. Cloudland has nothing to lose, the Dogs, bragging rights for being the county champion. This is the last chance for the Dogs to tune up before the real season begins. My message to the Dogs is "It's showtime, lets get fired up and lets start making it count, give your best every play, every second, don't let up. Keep the intensity. Keep the fire. That's what will carry you to success in this game and the playoffs. Play like its the last time you ever will. This is your chance to make memories that will last forever. Go Dogs!"

2 things I have a problem with on your post. 1.) Saying Cloudland is down is being too sympathetic. they are farther than down. Losses to Jellico and Grace Christian are devastating to a once powerhouse. Their issues are many, and I beleive they should start at the top and do some housecleaning. 2.) Hampton is not finding ways to win. They have flat out pulled it together. J.C. said it best in the paper" this is football, when you drive down the field like that" It is football of Hampton past, and J.C. loves it. not saying that with Adam he didn't love it. But Adam is a once in a lifetime back. We are now pounding it with many backs and throwing it better than any other Hampton team in the past. Cloudland will not even be a bump in the road for us. Look for big #'s. I would really love to beat the living crap out of them for the way they treated us against Trousdale Co. that just wasn' t right. So, hold on cloudland, its gonna get ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

2 things I have a problem with on your post. 1.) Saying Cloudland is down is being too sympathetic. they are farther than down. Losses to Jellico and Grace Christian are devastating to a once powerhouse. Their issues are many, and I beleive they should start at the top and do some housecleaning. 2.) Hampton is not finding ways to win. They have flat out pulled it together. J.C. said it best in the paper" this is football, when you drive down the field like that" It is football of Hampton past, and J.C. loves it. not saying that with Adam he didn't love it. But Adam is a once in a lifetime back. We are now pounding it with many backs and throwing it better than any other Hampton team in the past. Cloudland will not even be a bump in the road for us. Look for big #'s. I would really love to beat the living crap out of them for the way they treated us against Trousdale Co. that just wasn' t right. So, hold on cloudland, its gonna get ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Well I was trying to be kind, I know you are exactly right on the Trousdale thing, I totally agree. And dont get me wrong, I think we are doing an excellent job of winning and dominating. When, I said we are finding ways to win, I didn't mean we were struggling, I meant we have had roadblocks, but have risen to the challenge to find different ways to achieve victory. Many people are pulling it together and answering the challenge to play the way we should. Its a total team thing and that is what is so admirable about this. We are finding ways to win. They are many. Thanks for your comments.

I have heard the first thing Cloudland is going to do is to make the great professor, the king, the head coach and his twin the offensive coordinator. They probably should do it before Thursday when they play Hampton. I don't think many people, players, or coaches will forget Cloudland's behavior last year at the Trousdale game. Hurry up King, all of the Landers are counting on you.

i like both comments especially the Cloudland thing they showed no class last year but then again we were in the late rounds of the playoffs last year and hopefully this year too.LETS GO DOGS POUND THE DARN BALL DOWN THEIR THROAT.also i am going to predict Milorn to have a good game (i could be wrong) good luck to both teams hope their are no injuries and one more prediction THE DAWGS BIG 36-6

i like both comments especially the Cloudland thing they showed no class last year but then again we were in the late rounds of the playoffs last year and hopefully this year too.LETS GO DOGS POUND THE DARN BALL DOWN THEIR THROAT.also i am going to predict Milorn to have a good game (i could be wrong) good luck to both teams hope their are no injuries and one more prediction THE DAWGS BIG 36-6

He is on the verge as becoming the big playmaker this team really needs. Special teams, nice catches and runs (why he doesn't run more is beyond me). dustin has really turned into the all around football player.

He is on the verge as becoming the big playmaker this team really needs. Special teams, nice catches and runs (why he doesn't run more is beyond me). dustin has really turned into the all around football player.

Cloudland seems to have about 7 or 8 plays in their play book, plus their running backs are small. Heck their fullback, Tipton, he's a tough little kid, but he's smaller than Carpenter from Unaka... I bet he's only 5'8, maybe 165 pounds.... That's tiny for a fullback... Hard to power through the line with that size...