Hampton vs. Cloudland

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is this: we have to train with a fierce intensity this winter like never before just to get back the ground we lost. The players and coaches are going to have to take the little things more seriously. When you get done with the weights, @@@@ them up and show some pride in what's been given to you the last 10 years. Get back the discipline and pride that makes a Highlander football player. Our number 1 goals this winter should be to get tougher and stronger and get the discipline back. Instead of laying in the house this winter, get that mountain bike out and head up the Roan. Get on them power-cleans and squats. Walk up the steps with a 100 lb. dumbbell in each hand. Get the eye of the tiger. You know the Rocky movies are true. If you train harder than your opponent, you will beat him! Well, Cloudland as a whole is going to have to wake up. Clean up the sidelines, close practices off to the public and get very serious. If you want to win, you'll have to do it. The Jellico's, the Cosby's, the Unaka's celebrated victories on our home field. Think about it for a minute. Thats the same as going to your house that you've worked hard for and taking it from you and whipping you in your own back yard. Well, if you want to gain your respect back, then after Thursday, some of players need to have a date with the King, the weights, and the top of Roan Mountain. Whoooooooo!! :huh:

they have no right.it is just an excuse for them. i remember too when everyone talked how coach Keith was the next savior of cloudlands program. hampton has had downright pitiful years and they have had good years and even 1 great year before lunsford, 1996. J.C. is still there and who knows how long he will stay. the point is, you have to be behind your coaches, and thte players have to be challenged. Maybe cloudlands players haven't got the challenge from keith that they are use to seeing.

J.C. is still there because he was there before most of us were born and the man has alot more winning seasons than losing ones thats also true that lunsford was at hampton first and when he left nobody cried about it because hampton didnt want lunsford there and if you ask me lunsford and cloudland made a big mistake not trying to work out their differences.I bet you if J.C. retired tomorrow lunsford would get skipped over for the head coaching job in favor of somebody local or who has been there longer,thats just the way it is theres too much politics involved.As far as coach keith goes i think alot of people thought as many years he was lunsfords assistant that he would pick up where lunsford left off and keep coaching lunsfords style of football but instead he went back to his old mentor john orr"s old school style of football and that just dont work unless you"ve got some big lineman and punishing backs.coach keith is a good guy and probably a decent coach but he is not near the motivator that lunsford is and the kids gave 100 percent for him thats not happening with keith.neither the players,assistants,or the fans are buying into his system of coaching and thats going to make people criticize him even more,lunsford built a dynasty at cloudland and its going to be hard to live up to everyones expectations,whats hurts the most is us cloudland fans are not used to losing,we have enjoyed so much success in the past its hard going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

I would be the strength coach and wouldn't expect to be paid a dime. I'm doing well where I'm at. The thing I'm worried about is being too hard core on the boys that are out there now. The jr. high thats coming up are tough as nails and they listen to me. They will have the eye of the tiger and they will beat Hampton year in and year out after this year. Hampton forums will be a thing of the past.

cuda44069, I don't think that Cloudland made a big mistake not trying to work out their differences with Lunsford. I beleave that Lunsford walked out on Cloudland maby he saw a weaker and smaller team in the feature and didn't won't his son at QB with a small line in front of him. I don't know the real reason but you are right about one thing Lunsford can motivat his players and get the best out what Roan Mtn had to offer. I didn't like the way he acted after football and some things he said to players on the field and in the locker room, some stuff is just uncalled for but that is just my opinion. Coach Keith is a good teacher and assistant coach, but his coach Orr style football just don't cut it in this day and time. If you can't pass and run and mix it up a little bit then you are lagging behind like this season has been. New blood, maby a coach who has no clue as to who the players are and not from Upper East Tenn could be the best thing Cloudland can do. Come in and clean house and rebuild. Good luck to Hampton tonight, don't get anyone hurt and get ready for next Friday.

Srry man, starman has a home and its on the creek.

i say we hire outside this community and i gave us a good solution. we get him and we get a good football and baseball coach and i heard he might want to get back into it.

i want somebody up here where politics will not be a factor. the only other coach we ever had beside john orr and lunsford is tillman and he was here just briefly.

he did a good job but was an outsider.

cuda44069, I don't think that Cloudland made a big mistake not trying to work out their differences with Lunsford. I beleave that Lunsford walked out on Cloudland maby he saw a weaker and smaller team in the feature and didn't won't his son at QB with a small line in front of him. I don't know the real reason but you are right about one thing Lunsford can motivat his players and get the best out what Roan Mtn had to offer. I didn't like the way he acted after football and some things he said to players on the field and in the locker room, some stuff is just uncalled for but that is just my opinion. Coach Keith is a good teacher and assistant coach, but his coach Orr style football just don't cut it in this day and time. If you can't pass and run and mix it up a little bit then you are lagging behind like this season has been. New blood, maby a coach who has no clue as to who the players are and not from Upper East Tenn could be the best thing Cloudland can do. Come in and clean house and rebuild. Good luck to Hampton tonight, don't get anyone hurt and get ready for next Friday.

There may be some truth to that irish ive heard many rumors that lunsford wanted his son to play somewhere he would have a better chance of getting a scholarship and maybe he didn't see that with the future cloudland teams who knows why he really left.I dont know much about what went on in the locker rooms but i do know when they came out of there they seemed to listen to what he said cause they usually played alot better.Hopefully cloudland can turn it around next season Good luck to the landers tonight and hold your heads high theres no shame in losing as long as you give it your all.