Hampton vs. Cloudland

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that all these guys, Highlanders and Bulldogs, can go out and have a great game tonight and walk off the field with their heads held high, and I sure hope none of the fans make this an embarrassing ballgame for them. Remember, this is the last high school football game 3 of these guys will play. Let's make it memorable; preferrably a good memory and not a bad one.

Okay guys, play ball and have fun and remember in the end we are still neighbors and it is a GAME!

100 percent behind you, its all about the kids, they always have respect for one another, Adults need to sit back and and be thankful they have kids with enought gumtion and heart to play football. Play with heart and pride and leave it all on the field. Its just a ballgame.

Cuda, it didnt have anything to do with the quality of players Cloudland had coming up, the jvs were undefeated and they had some very good lineman. I f the players who should be playing this season were still there, there wouldn't be a better line in the region. He always did the dirty work of assureing these players stayed with it. The reasons he left was an accumulation of things, mostly job related. At a school Cloudlands size ,you have to be tough and you have to do alot of things, ,you don't have to worry about at bigger schools. You have to do what it takes to keep every kid out ,you have to make sure they work year around, you have to have disapline and get the utmost out of every kid. .You can't just sit around and hope kids are going to work in the summer,sometimes you have to hunt them down and provide transpertation, you have to make them feel important . You have to make them bust their butts in practice and then you have to hug their necks. You also have to know your kids and what button you have to push to get the most out of them.Most kids are not self motivated. Cloudland has talent in abundance coming up, but unless someone takes the bull by the horns and starts doing to dirty work, its not going to matter. I've got a funny feeling,thing will get straightened out before too long. I know something that the average fan would't have a clue about. I see the best team Cloudland has ever had coming up and trust me,someone will see to it they have the proper leadership.

Pujo,I kind of figured it was an accumulation of things as to why your brother left but you know when the rumors start you will hear anything.You are absolutely right though about cloudland someone needs to step up and get the kids motivated and help them understand if you're going to be successful its going to take dedication year round not just during the season.Cloudland does have an abundance of talent coming up I have a nephew and a cousin on the jr. high team who are both tough kids and good players and hopefully i can keep my son interested long enough to get him out on the field next year he would make a good linebacker or running back he is tough as a pineknot.I just hope the coaching staff can pull it together and get the program going in the right direction

Hampton-40 Cloudland-10 Good job Bulldogs! Hats off to cloudland they played Good tonight, i believe if they would have played like that all year they would have had a better season.Good job Jonathan Lyons Played good on bothsides of the ball tonight, now lets get ready for some PLAYOFFS!

Edited by volfan68

Wow, wut a game. Cloudland really came out ready to win. Logan Buck played the game of his life. He looked very sharp and he was runnin for his life. Randall Johnson played the role of Robert Meachem tonight, he really made some great catches. Hampton was just too big and strong to slow down. Cloudland has nothing to be ashamed of tonight. I like Cloudland's sophomore class. Hampton dint look as impressive. Jaynes and Milhorn dint carry the ball at all hardly. Its a wonder that Lunsford dint get hurt. Lunsford struggled in the 1st half. Made stupid decisions. I think daddy got on him @ halftime. Really took over the game in the 2nd half and played better. It looks Sunbright makes the trip next week. Wuts the deal with Stocton? When did he come out? He might have been the missing link to this year's team.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

Wow, wut a game. Cloudland really came out ready to win. Logan Buck played the game of his life. He looked very sharp and he was runnin for his life. Randall Johnson played the role of Robert Meachem tonight, he really made some great catches. Hampton was just too big and strong to slow down. Cloudland has nothing to be ashamed of tonight. I like Cloudland's sophomore class. Hampton dint look as impressive. Jaynes and Milhorn dint carry the ball at all hardly. Its a wonder that Lunsford dint get hurt. Lunsford struggled in the 1st half. Made stupid decisions. I think daddy got on him @ halftime. Really took over the game in the 2nd half and played better. It looks Sunbright makes the trip next week. Wuts the deal with Stocton? When did he come out? He might have been the missing link to this year's team.

Daddy will defineately get on him or anyone else whose not doing their job. In Micheal defence, I'd say playing against former teamates is a little tough. Sometimes you try to do things thats just not there. Got to learn to play cool calm and collect. Really missed Irick, means a ton on both sides of the ball, great to have Thornton back in the lineup. Also proud of the Highlanders,they played inspired football and left it all on the field.

I'm proud of the Highlanders for not laying down or baling out. If you show the same drive and determination in the offseason as you showed these last 2 ballgames, things will come together. The last time we went 2-8, the next year we went 8-2. It will take a lot of hard work, but you guys can turn it around. I promise to be there for any of the guys who need advice on bulking up and getting stronger. If we come together, get the eye of the tiger, then we can get'r done next year.

Hats off to Hampton, to big and strong for our underclassmen this year. Where has the offense been that we saw last night? Where has 97 the Stocton kid been this year. Why has he been standing on the sidelines and not playing? That is questions that have to be addressed this offseason. Last night was the first time that I have watched Hampton since Johnson Co and they don't look like the team that played week 1. I know Townsend is hurt and a few more are healing and getting ready to come back but if they don't get reid of the Can't do it with out Townsend blues then Hampton may not make it to the 3rd round and let him come back. Hampton get your heads on straight and get ready for the 1st and 2nd round playoff games. Cloudland hold your heads up you did nothing wrong, you played hard and made it through a tuff year. Get ready to work out in the offseason and show people that Cloudland isn't going to lay down without a fight! Remember Basketball is just around the corner, and last year we started 2 weeks earlyer then Hampton and went to the state. Go Landers!!

Cloudland's inability to run the ball put a lot of pressure on Buck. He made some plays, but too tall an order. The failure to score just before halftime, hurt, and then the 80 yard interception-for-touchdown by Lyons blew the game open. An overall talent, size and experience mis-match.

Clawson, Johnson, Sluder (nice kickoff return), Austin, Stocton, all underclassmen, played well. Buchanan, Turbeyfill and the other seniors (sorry, lost my roster) can leave the program with pride; just not enough juniors and seniors to be competitive with Hampton for four quarters.

Lunsford ran wild and passed more accurately in the second half. Andrews is a very impressive Freshman.

krich, i saw something in the star yesterday about roop being looked at by a couple of d1 schools. i was just wondering if you or anyone else on here knows if lyons is getting any looks, he looked very impressive last night.

Talented kid and I really hope he gets a shot, he has the tools to play at the next level. His numbers have to look pretty good. Scouts usually look at size ,speed and potential. Attitude and work ethic is also important and he gets an A in both areas,a fine kid.