Hampton vs. Cloudland

There may be some truth to that irish ive heard many rumors that lunsford wanted his son to play somewhere he would have a better chance of getting a scholarship and maybe he didn't see that with the future cloudland teams who knows why he really left.I dont know much about what went on in the locker rooms but i do know when they came out of there they seemed to listen to what he said cause they usually played alot better.Hopefully cloudland can turn it around next season Good luck to the landers tonight and hold your heads high theres no shame in losing as long as you give it your all.

Cuda, it didnt have anything to do with the quality of players Cloudland had coming up, the jvs were undefeated and they had some very good lineman. I f the players who should be playing this season were still there, there wouldn't be a better line in the region. He always did the dirty work of assureing these players stayed with it. The reasons he left was an accumulation of things, mostly job related. At a school Cloudlands size ,you have to be tough and you have to do alot of things, ,you don't have to worry about at bigger schools. You have to do what it takes to keep every kid out ,you have to make sure they work year around, you have to have disapline and get the utmost out of every kid. .You can't just sit around and hope kids are going to work in the summer,sometimes you have to hunt them down and provide transpertation, you have to make them feel important . You have to make them bust their butts in practice and then you have to hug their necks. You also have to know your kids and what button you have to push to get the most out of them.Most kids are not self motivated. Cloudland has talent in abundance coming up, but unless someone takes the bull by the horns and starts doing to dirty work, its not going to matter. I've got a funny feeling,thing will get straightened out before too long. I know something that the average fan would't have a clue about. I see the best team Cloudland has ever had coming up and trust me,someone will see to it they have the proper leadership.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J.C. is still there because he was there before most of us were born and the man has alot more winning seasons than losing ones thats also true that lunsford was at hampton first and when he left nobody cried about it because hampton didnt want lunsford there and if you ask me lunsford and cloudland made a big mistake not trying to work out their differences.I bet you if J.C. retired tomorrow lunsford would get skipped over for the head coaching job in favor of somebody local or who has been there longer,thats just the way it is theres too much politics involved.As far as coach keith goes i think alot of people thought as many years he was lunsfords assistant that he would pick up where lunsford left off and keep coaching lunsfords style of football but instead he went back to his old mentor john orr"s old school style of football and that just dont work unless you"ve got some big lineman and punishing backs.coach keith is a good guy and probably a decent coach but he is not near the motivator that lunsford is and the kids gave 100 percent for him thats not happening with keith.neither the players,assistants,or the fans are buying into his system of coaching and thats going to make people criticize him even more,lunsford built a dynasty at cloudland and its going to be hard to live up to everyones expectations,whats hurts the most is us cloudland fans are not used to losing,we have enjoyed so much success in the past its hard going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

i can almost garuntee you that when j.c. leaves lunsford will be the first person they offer the coaching job to. but hey theyre lookin pretty good right now, i hope j.c. sticks around a couple more years. hampton has a very knowledgable coaching staff with phillips, lunsford and jc, were lucky to have all of them. i only wish we had coaches like that for the boys basketball team.

i can almost garuntee you that when j.c. leaves lunsford will be the first person they offer the coaching job to. but hey theyre lookin pretty good right now, i hope j.c. sticks around a couple more years. hampton has a very knowledgable coaching staff with phillips, lunsford and jc, were lucky to have all of them. i only wish we had coaches like that for the boys basketball team.

i agree that they have the best coaching staff i've seen at hampton right know, and i also agree that if the boys basketball team had a coaching staff like that they would go to the state tourny maybe even win, they have great talent to work with this year

I also heard someone stole all the leashes, them Dogs are going to be running loose all night. We also need to get a mob together at Halftime to scream and holler at Cloudlands coaches and players as they go off the field. I think thats the way you do it.

GetttttttttttttturrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrDUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

The golden rule, Do unto others as they do unto you. NUFF SAID

Hey pujo who now who i am , The Dogs might be running around but cloudland will put them back down with the tranquilizers we are bring with us and it is called the FANS :D I thought you was a Highlander by heart i guess we all can be a trader see ya at the game tonight

Jerry your just about the sorrest person i have ever seen. You are so two face. So your hopeing my brother gets killed, well im 18 now buddy you want to be like that then we will see you tonight...Wait i hope Hampton has there fun tonight, just wait to see what is to come of Cloudland. Jr High 9-0 still in playoffs, last years jr high lost championship, Jordon Hughes heathly, jerry i beleave your son goes to cloudland, and you know thats going to be a bad a ball team.

I would be the strength coach and wouldn't expect to be paid a dime. I'm doing well where I'm at. The thing I'm worried about is being too hard core on the boys that are out there now. The jr. high thats coming up are tough as nails and they listen to me. They will have the eye of the tiger and they will beat Hampton year in and year out after this year. Hampton forums will be a thing of the past.

Wrong King, Hampton will be just as strong if mot stronger next season, Cloudland won't beat Hampton or Unaka next season. Cloudland has some good kids coming up ,but that sure don't guarantee success. It takes alot of hard work and motivation year around to be successful. Cloudland is behind and I don't see anyone standing around waiting on them to catch up. Cloudland can get back to where they were .but its not going to be easy. The worst thing going right now is ,no one has any faith in the current coaching staff and the kids knows it, they can bail out anytime they want to and guess who's going to take the blame. We already had two kids to transfer last season, if something don't change ,look for more to leave.Cloudland has two choices, stand by the coaches or get some new ones. I love old timey knock you're butt off Cloudland football, we've got to get it fixed and restore the Highlander pride we've grown so accustumed to.

Jerry your just about the sorrest person i have ever seen. You are so two face. So your hopeing my brother gets killed, well im 18 now buddy you want to be like that then we will see you tonight...Wait i hope Hampton has there fun tonight, just wait to see what is to come of Cloudland. Jr High 9-0 still in playoffs, last years jr high lost championship, Jordon Hughes heathly, jerry i beleave your son goes to cloudland, and you know thats going to be a bad a ball team.

I don't think I've ever said anything about wanting anyone to get killed, I hate it when kids get hurt. Thats the only thing I don't like about highschool football. Really don't know what got you so fired up,but whatever. Yeah my son goes to Cloudland and wears his blue and gold with pride, actually he has it on now.

Hey pujo who now who i am , The Dogs might be running around but cloudland will put them back down with the tranquilizers we are bring with us and it is called the FANS :D I thought you was a Highlander by heart i guess we all can be a trader see ya at the game tonight

Quite to the contrary, I would be a trader if I were routing for Cloudland tonight. I do rout for them every night but this one.

I know you had nothing to do with the junk last season, but there was a mob of about 50 Cloudland fans who acted like nuts. Hampton didn' t do a single thing to deserve it. It was very rude and uncalled for. The good thing for Cloudland is this, Hampton has classey coaches and they know that most of these Cloudland kids playing tonight had nothing to do with it. Vengance will have nothing to do with tonights game. IT WAS BAD

I have my own reasons for not supporting Hampton when they start the playoffs, but people can't expect pujo to pull against his brother and nephew. Lets just get the chips off our shoulders and get back to work. Pujo, you may be right about next year, but there is a chance that everyone can come together and make up the ground necessary to take Hampton and Unaka down next year. Everyone is working hard, but they really don't know what "real hard work" is and the younger crew at Cloudland are getting ready to find out. We've got many people who want to see it to go the other way. How determined the kids are will tale the tale. I agree that the finger pointing needs to stop. Everyone needs to get on the same page. Coaches and players should be family.

I hope that all these guys, Highlanders and Bulldogs, can go out and have a great game tonight and walk off the field with their heads held high, and I sure hope none of the fans make this an embarrassing ballgame for them. Remember, this is the last high school football game 3 of these guys will play. Let's make it memorable; preferrably a good memory and not a bad one.

Okay guys, play ball and have fun and remember in the end we are still neighbors and it is a GAME!

Edited by LanderSportsFan

I hope that all these guys, Highlanders and Bulldogs, can go out and have a great game tonight and walk off the field with their heads held high, and I sure hope none of the fans make this an embarrassing ballgame for them. Remember, this is the last high school football game 3 of these guys will play. Let's make it memorable; preferrably a good memory and not a bad one.

Okay guys, play ball and have fun and remember in the end we are still neighbors and it is a GAME!

Hopefully that will quiet down this post.