Hampton vs. Cloudland

senior night! to all the Bulldogs and especially the seniors,You guys have played alot of ball, made alot of memories and gave us fans alot to be proud of. I wish you all the best of luck with this game,threw the playoffs and with your future, whatever path you choose to follow. It has truley been privilege and honor to watch you guys over the years.

Good Luck and have fun while you can. Hope you all have the game of your lives, do it for yourselves. And lets get to the 3ed round so we can see all the seniors on the field again.

#25 Adam Townsend

#82 Jonathan Lyons

#49 DJ Oliver

#72 Joe lee George

#17 Josh Cole

#74 Zack Thorton

#50 Cory Mckinney

#57 Will Davis

Michael Guy

Hope i didnt forget anyone! Good luck Men!

Edited by GotSpeed

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May, thanks for taking up for me, but I do deserve everything I get on here. Its kinda fun. They are not getting to me and thats the fun thing about being the king. I can light a fire under east tennessee but they can't hold a candle to what I've got. With that being said, good luck landers. I appreciate all of the fans that have stood behind the team this year. Just remember when the fair weather fans are back in their seats, let them know how much you appreciate them. :thumb:

Edited by THE KING

Hampton by as much as JC will allow. Hope he keeps his starters in and gets them ready to make a playoff run. You know that everyone West of us is playing everyone 4 quarters this weekend. To answer a question a few post ago, Cloudland fans were cheering and saying things last year at the Trousdale game. I know but in my defense, I saw Trousdale in 1995 and knew what was comeing, and things got Hot on Coach T over this game. Hampton keept saying they played Smash Mouth Football and I had an idea whos Mouth was going to get Smashed. Yes people from Roan Mtn had and steel have a bad taste in the mouth for one of the coaches at Hampton, so that is why things were said last year. Were thay in the right or not, well you have to decide for your selfs on that one.

This entire thread is ridiculous. Four things about this I am ired about:

1. The King has straightened up his act on here. I am glad. But fans from other teams seem to wish it was like the old days when he was less than savory on a lot of posts. I respect him for taking the stance that he has. I think it should be noted. I also want to note that this person who calls himself The King is one person and does not in any way represent the town of Roan Mountain.

2. Hampton is going to win this game. There is no reason for all the pumping up about it. It's a done deal and you guys know it. You have a fine team that is right now in the winner's spotlight. Enjoy it! But don't flaunt it, it's in very bad taste. You have our old coach. Why go on and on about it? It was his choice to leave Cloudland.

3. Cloudland needs a new head coach. We need someone who is willing to take risks with some innovative plays. We have some talent that is probably heartbroken at this point. The guys will show up and play to the best of their coached ability. I wish the players the best!

4. Playoff fame is temporary, from High school on up to the pros. Why does everyone keep referring back to the days of Bird, Benfield, and so on?

Thanks for hearing me out.

May :o

Here is 4 things you should consider:

1. the only reason KING has decided to keephis big mouth shut is because he has nothing to brag about. :lol:

2.We are not pumping up this game. My only hope is that JC lets the starters play 4 quarters to get ready for the playoffs. By the way, come to Hampton next week and watch a playoff game since there isn't anything going on in Roan Mtn. and just to remind you, you all got Lunsford from us in the beginning. We never caused a big stir when he left. Cloudland deserves a beating from Hampton, and I am afraid they are going to get a pretty bad one. :D

3. Cloudland needing a new coach shouldn't be discussed either. there is nothing that is going to happen this year. Wait until the season is over. All yyou are doing is trying to add gas to the already bonfire for coach Keith.

4. It is Cloudland fans, especially KING, that wants to talk about the past. We are in the now. So lets talk about it. <_<

Everyone talks as if this game is already over, I've witnessed about 50 Hampton and Cloudland games and every single one of them was a hard fough game.Cloudland will come to play,and even if they are a little down ,they will fight to the end.As far as the coaching thing goes, alot of Roan Mt people were saying on here ,that Coach Keith was the best thing to ever happen to Cloudlnd football. From What I hear,Coach Keith is going nowhere. If Cloudland is going to get better,Alot of people are going to have to work together to make it happen, all the coaches and players are going to have to get on the same page and go to work, everyone can't stand and point their finger at someone else.The biggest problem I see for Cloudland is several teams in region 1 have went to work to get better and this is not going to be league that lays down for anyone.All at once ,we have some hard working coaches at several schools, the beating chumps days are over. You will either pay the price year around or take the beatings all season long. Its going to be an uphill battle, but it can be done.

I agree with you sportsfan...we didnt cry when he left Hampton so what right do they have to cry??

they have no right.it is just an excuse for them. i remember too when everyone talked how coach Keith was the next savior of cloudlands program. hampton has had downright pitiful years and they have had good years and even 1 great year before lunsford, 1996. J.C. is still there and who knows how long he will stay. the point is, you have to be behind your coaches, and thte players have to be challenged. Maybe cloudlands players haven't got the challenge from keith that they are use to seeing.

i agree with pujo i've seen alot of hampton cloudland games and no matter who has what or who, they come to play ball and i have blue running in my veins but they better not count this came with a big w yet, don't get me wrong if we have everyone healthy and we come to play this won't be a ball game but we need not take our eyes off that gold ball and stay focused every game especially this late in the season !!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DOGGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pujo how is the injury report for the dogs this week

i agree with pujo i've seen alot of hampton cloudland games and no matter who has what or who, they come to play ball and i have blue running in my veins but they better not count this came with a big w yet, don't get me wrong if we have everyone healthy and we come to play this won't be a ball game but we need not take our eyes off that gold ball and stay focused every game especially this late in the season !!!!!!!!!!!!

Still banged up, get one back and lose another one. On a good note ,if we can keep people healthy this week, we should be back at full strenght, minus Adam in the 1st round. One good thing about the injuries is, we have used alot of players in various positions and they have got some quality time and did a good job. I was impressed with the perfornance last week, blocked extremerly well and ran the ball at will. Didn't even need to pass. We get healthy and we will be tough.

Gold ball,

you don't have a china man's chance of winning the gold ball. Round 3 at best. I'm not so sure you'll make it that far.

enjoy it while you can because your days of being on top is about over. dont put much stock in an undefeated jv team. many underclassmen on the other teams played varsity only. and 2A is awaiting your return :lol::P

:(

Gold ball,

you don't have a china man's chance of winning the gold ball. Round 3 at best. I'm not so sure you'll make it that far.

enjoy it while you can because your days of being on top is about over. dont put much stock in an undefeated jv team. many underclassmen on the other teams played varsity only. and 2A is awaiting your return :lol::P

CLOUDLAND!..0-5 HAMPTON-5-0 :: we beat your jv 2 or 3 times this year with several underclassmen playing varsity only its not about everyone else its chs and hhs.....we may be in 2 a in 4 yars but well get you next yar too...i hat to ruin your winter spring and fall next year too :P