Hampton vs. Cloudland

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

krich, i saw something in the star yesterday about roop being looked at by a couple of d1 schools. i was just wondering if you or anyone else on here knows if lyons is getting any looks, he looked very impressive last night.

Something that often happens: When coaches go to games to watch certain players, or watch them on film, they make notes of "other players" Lyons stood out in so many ways last night. He has the speed and size to play for anyone. He runs good routes, battles for the ball, and he can fly.

I'll check into it. He's certainly deserving.

Jonathan is also a great student in the classroom. I told his dad, I think he would be a great complimentary slot receiver at a smaller Division I school. He's getting a lot of attention in basketball, obviously. But he's got the speed, size and I think a lot of schools would be missing out on this kid. I wish Appy State would take a look at him - I could see Jon and the Johnson boy from Avery being good complimentary threats together for Armanti Edwards.

Give a college coach two years to work with him on some additional catching, along with bulking him up a little bit - and he would be one of those dominant sneaky threats for somebody his junior or senior year.

I think he's the most underrated player in our region. He's darn good.

Jonathan is also a great student in the classroom. I told his dad, I think he would be a great complimentary slot receiver at a smaller Division I school. He's getting a lot of attention in basketball, obviously. But he's got the speed, size and I think a lot of schools would be missing out on this kid. I wish Appy State would take a look at him - I could see Jon and the Johnson boy from Avery being good complimentary threats together for Armanti Edwards.

Give a college coach two years to work with him on some additional catching, along with bulking him up a little bit - and he would be one of those dominant sneaky threats for somebody his junior or senior year.

Agree with everything you said. The boy can play. If he had played all 4 years, OH WELL

Got to agree with you ACDC on everything you said! Jonathans a great kid on and off the field. He should get some looks for football! and appy state would be a great place for anyone to play and continue there education.