Gallatin at McGavock

Verb58

There may not appear to much on the line for this game, but I see it differently. Gallatin has a chance to finish the regular season 10-0 and McG has a CHANCE at a playoff spot. There is no way that the Raiders just show up without playing a hard game. I think most Gallatin Fans remember the last time the Greenwave played at McGavock...(34-24) in a game that most Gallatin fans thought they should have won big but found themselves in a dogfight and came out on the losing end of a game in which emotions where very high. After the way Gallatin performed this past week I hope they got their wake-up call from a talented and well coached H-ville team. The play this week will have to be stepped up to go into the playoffs on a winning note. IT WILL NOT BE EASY.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect Gallatin to play particularly well in this game. They've already got the region locked up, they are coming off a huge rivalry game, and they are probably going to overlook MHS a little.

I still think Gallatin has too much to lose, but that will probably need a wake up call. I wouldn't at all be suprised if GHS were tied or trailing at halftime. But they will tighten things up and pull it out in the second half.

The biggest fear for me is injuries. You'd hate to lose anyone in a game that really didn't mean anything.

There may not appear to much on the line for this game, but I see it differently. Gallatin has a chance to finish the regular season 10-0 and McG has a CHANCE at a playoff spot. There is no way that the Raiders just show up without playing a hard game. I think most Gallatin Fans remember the last time the Greenwave played at McGavock...(34-24) in a game that most Gallatin fans thought they should have won big but found themselves in a dogfight and came out on the losing end of a game in which emotions where very high. After the way Gallatin performed this past week I hope they got their wake-up call from a talented and well coached H-ville team. The play this week will have to be stepped up to go into the playoffs on a winning note. IT WILL NOT BE EASY.

Let me get this straight, if Gallatin wins and goes to 10-0 for the season they draw Ravenwood in the 1st round? What kind of "reward" is that?

Let me get this straight, if Gallatin wins and goes to 10-0 for the season they draw Ravenwood in the 1st round? What kind of "reward" is that?

It wouldn't have been any worse or better to get DC, Franklin, or Brentwood.

I'm excited about the chance to de-throne the champs. And I'm sure they're excited about the chance to bust Gtown and defend the title.

The playoffs are supposed to be hard.

It wouldn't have been any worse or better to get DC, Franklin, or Brentwood.

I'm excited about the chance to de-throne the champs. And I'm sure they're excited about the chance to bust Gtown and defend the title.

The playoffs are supposed to be hard.

All good points...I would not want to play any of those teams in Round 1 and you are right...the playoffs are supposed to be hard!

If it were up to me, I would use this game to try a lot of new stuff on offense. I know there is the idea that you "hide" or "save" things for playoff time, but if there is something new you are going to try- game play is a lot better than practice.

And any future opponent the Wave will face already knows how they are going to attack our offense- load up against the run.

Gallatin should throw 25 passes this week.