Powell @ Clinton

coonhunter291

It boils down to this,..If Shattuck beats Powell, he stays. If he looses by 1 or 31 he might just leave on his own accord. He will not get fired or booted-he determines his fate-no one runs him out on a rail. For those who are happy with two wins in three years, keep up the positive thoughts and comments. FYI..it does boil down to wins-maybe ya'll should think about taking the score board down and keep playing for the moral victories-it seems you have made a living on them-just keep us on your schedule!! Panthers 21 Dragons 7

Keep the score board just fix the side that gives the home team score maybe by getting a offensive cordinator for example

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the score board just fix the side that gives the home team score maybe by getting a offensive cordinator for example

Whoa now. Look out Dragon that Maryville mafia will get you. I suggested just getting some help at that position and was almost lynched. LOL!!

Edited by don222

Kenny Cruze is still a big question mark for this week. Powell is already in the playoffs, so it is possible that he may be benched in order to heal an extra week. John Bruhin is still very banged up from a nasty shot he took in the knees back in week 4 against Maryville.

Edited by osunut2

Look, Clinton isn't a bad football team. This past week at Central, one senior on the offensive side of the ball. They are young and really don't have any speed to think of at all. That being said, they still have coaching and players to throw for over 1000 yards this year. We don't have a Dayton, Maples, or for that matter, Darrell Miller. What we do have is a bunch of kids, coaches and community that are working hard at rebuilding a program. From an outsider, it is hard to understand. You only see W/L. We are looking for something like "Pride". Three years ago, that was gone. Clinton's football program was desimated. Not rebuilding or just young, it was desimated. Nobody wanted to play football in Clinton. Like it or not, there is a buzz in Clinton and that's what will turn the program around. That buzz is happening because of Andy's leadership and the energy from the new coaches. We still have some key positions to fill in the off season. Once we have those coaching positions filled and we get the right mix of players, Clinton will once again be competative.

Is there a really a need to make a prediction for this game. Regardless if Clinton wins, everyone will say Powell had nothing to play for because they already have a playoff spot.

Edited by Dragoons

Kenny Cruze shouldnt play, His finger was dislocated it, I saw it as he was going to the locker room. The base of the bone was poking and it looked horrible. He needs to rest.

John Bruhin has knee injury the week his brother comes to watch him so he could sit on the sidelines and talk to him.

Sorry but I dont like him and I wont feal bad if he doesnt play, Hes a senior he should have been with the coaches instead of sitting and talking the hole game against central.

Look, Clinton isn't a bad football team. This past week at Central, one senior on the offensive side of the ball. They are young and really don't have any speed to think of at all. That being said, they still have coaching and players to throw for over 1000 yards this year. We don't have a Dayton, Maples, or for that matter, Darrell Miller. What we do have is a bunch of kids, coaches and community that are working hard at rebuilding a program. From an outsider, it is hard to understand. You only see W/L. We are looking for something like "Pride". Three years ago, that was gone. Clinton's football program was desimated. Not rebuilding or just young, it was desimated. Nobody wanted to play football in Clinton. Like it or not, there is a buzz in Clinton and that's what will turn the program around. That buzz is happening because of Andy's leadership and the energy from the new coaches. We still have some key positions to fill in the off season. Once we have those coaching positions filled and we get the right mix of players, Clinton will once again be competative.

Is there a really a need to make a prediction for this game. Regardless if Clinton wins, everyone will say Powell had nothing to play for because they already have a playoff spot.

Excellent post, however, I think that Powell understands that there is a lot at stake in this game. They have zero momentum right now, after ugly losses to both Central and West back-to-back, and they need something to build on if they want the slightest chance of competing with Red Bank. I don't know if Powell is going to win this game, but I don't think they will just put in the scrubs and say 'we are preparing for Red Bank.' If they want to prepare for Red Bank, they need to keep trying to fix the problems they've had all season, and that means they have to show up against Clinton and play hard.

Edited by osunut2

It boils down to this,..If Shattuck beats Powell, he stays. If he looses by 1 or 31 he might just leave on his own accord. He will not get fired or booted-he determines his fate-no one runs him out on a rail. For those who are happy with two wins in three years, keep up the positive thoughts and comments. FYI..it does boil down to wins-maybe ya'll should think about taking the score board down and keep playing for the moral victories-it seems you have made a living on them-just keep us on your schedule!! Panthers 21 Dragons 7

You most definately are an outsider. Anyone who knows any of the Shattuck's know's they don't run from a challenge. Coach Shattuck has a vision for this program and things are progressing in the way they should. No one can take a team that wasn't there and turn it around over night. As stated by other Dragon fans the only thing that you see is the W vs. L and there is so much more at stake for the Dragons. While the score board has not always been in our favor we have fought some really good games that could have gone either way. Powell may win but not if they come to game underestimating the Dragons. We have some really good players we will be even stronger next year. Win's are great and YES the kids playing would love to say that they had won more however if you look at the last 2+ years we weren't even considered to win this year that has not been the case. And by the way GREAT post Dragoons !!!!!! Keep pushing forward Dragons and best of luck on Friday.

Clinton 21

Powell 10

Support your coaches at Clinton and things will turn around. I watched Clinton 2 years ago , wrost team i seen that year. Now they are headed in right direction. Clinton has good young players and a couple of young coaches who want to do well. Start this off season and work hard all thur the summer and goods things will happen.

Instead of complaining about your offensive coordinator, you better be thinking of ways to make him want to hang around for awhile.

oskie, why would they try to make a guy stay around who I think was ran off from a previous program (I think in the same county)? With the exception of the Campbell Co game, have they greatly illuminated the score board? Friday night will be a true test against an average defense at best!!! Should be interesting!!

oskie, why would they try to make a guy stay around who I think was ran off from a previous program (I think in the same county)? With the exception of the Campbell Co game, have they greatly illuminated the score board? Friday night will be a true test against an average defense at best!!! Should be interesting!!

He was not run off.